Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ruining things is good humor. good humor

Waltzing Along posted:

If you don't like spoilers, go to your TV/IV hugbox. This thread is not for you.
wow such an internet tough guy about both his edginess and his tv watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
leaked scene from last episode of GoT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drnBMAEA3AM

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

And that's the last we hear about it. I was at least expecting a couple of seconds where we got the POV of the dragon. The amount of plot threads they just started and dropped in this episode is gratuitous .

Why did Sansa give up her insanely loyal and competent bodyguard? Why did said bodyguard forsake her oaths?

Why does no one mention the Iron Throne was melted?

God dammit gently caress this show.
so the episode needed a pov scene from the dragon and every character being informed of what happened to the iron throne... what

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ya know with all those dragon glass daggers they made and probably wound up spreading all throughout westeros sooner or later some criminal is bound to stab someone in the heart with one and then BAM -new night king

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Remember one episode ago when they implied varys did some last second scheming and that child was never seen again lmbo
he was writing a treasonous message about how jon had the real claim on the throne then tried to burn it and hid what didnt burn when he heard many heavy footsteps (guards) approaching

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Why the gently caress didn't the dragon roast Jon to ash for murdering his mother?
jon is a targaryen the dragon is familiar with him showed that it trusts him 1 scene before and didnt definitely see the murder happen

it was fun looking at this thread for 10 seconds but people seem to think things happening off-screen or every time something happens when something else couldve happened its a plot hole. an actual plot hole is something like why littlefinger gave sansa away when he supposedly has a definite reason for all his political actions

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

poisonpill posted:

My name’s Arya and I wanna go Far-ya
my names theon and i lost my hard-on

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they shouldve done more writing on season 8 before they declared only 6 episodes. forcing too many series of events into the last 2 episodes was only possible by making key characters selectively retarded
there was actually a conversation about letting the army recover (and give time to work though some main character plots) where a writer stepped in through daenerys and said "no no no no there are only 2 episodes left"
in a 7+ episode season half of episode 5 probably wouldve been gearing up for aryas assassination attempt which seems like it was simply cut for time

jon probably shouldve tried to get on top of the walls or roofs in kings landing to try to get her to stop. daenarys denies him. episode 6 he conspires with tyrion about how he can get close to her while she has become the mad queen and that happens in episode 7
it would be even better if the members of the council (fearful of the mad queen) had the meeting of succession while jon is on his way to kill her so the series can end climactically

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 21, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there shouldve been a fanfic episode where all the virgin main characters lose their virginity

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no wait lets be sensible and split that into 2 episodes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

my gay roommate gets low-key irritated when theres boobs but no dongs. no idea why
whats the final GoT dong to bush ratio

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lmao at non-horny fanfiction

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in the early seasons werent there people who doubted white walkers ever existed? what did they think that half-mile tall wall was built for?

Grevling posted:

Presumably Bran has no motivations left that any normal human can understand. The councillors'll bring him moral conundrums and be like "sire, which course of action will help the realm?" and he'll say "ehhh pick whatever I don't care either way" and warg all day.
"are you warging off in there?"
"no! go away!"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
jeez dude have you ever watched the show while not vacuuming?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im glad their swords were on fire for that 45 seconds and then they ...lived? it looked like what was being portrayed was that they all died but that... i mean

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the extra with extra

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://twitter.com/MatthewKass/status/1130296717457461255
lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
how long before the writers blame whoever declared that it was going to be an only 6 episode final season? that info was released around march 2017 which seems (and bare with me on this) a somewhat premature decision

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
season 8 directed by quentin tarantino

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

tyrelhill posted:

this thread is now who should be recasted in season 8 remake

jon snow: dwayne the rock johnson
dany: heather graham
grey worm: wesley snipes
tyrion: danny devito
missandei: beyonce
extremely hosed up that you cast wesley snipes as grey worm instead of as arya
arya stark: (backflipping off a wall to kill the night king) "some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
jamie had 1 fist cast in gold and 1 cast in rubber

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
brans 2 black cords with the orange nozzles at then end is the weirdest penis

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm going to wager Benioff has never actually read Romeo and Juliet, or watched a production of it
"romeo and juliet is about 2 people in love who arent able to have sex" is what you would assume is an accurate summary if you only read the back of the book dvd case

Who What Now posted:

I mean, have you ever nut? It's pretty great!
it was super great in the beginning when the feeling seemed to last a long time but now its more like :flaccid:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Flannelette posted:

I still don't know what them sleeping together was supposed to achieve, slashfic fan service?
brienne of tarths tang has been chekhovs gun since season 2

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
whoever said the new series should have the lovecraftian horrors was absolutely loving right

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i always loved swedemason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYAYXeVtoM

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
where did the scene of the dragon loving the parked car happen

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEpYUTbE6w

watch this and tell me that the end is as good as the beginning
is that entire video about him because its much more than an entire episode long and yet his story eventually went nowhere

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the look of realizing what season 8 is while having to be a part of it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A Handed Missus posted:

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1133479388631183360

:lol::lol::lol:

“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harington secretly checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol use ahead of the show’s ending, which “really hit him hard,” multiple sources have exclusively confirmed to Page Six.
he did have a decade of what im familiar with as "holy gently caress my bosses are complete idiots that are going to ruin everything" all crammed into a single afternoon

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

And got paid boatloads.

If you decide to be an actor you sign up for doing poo poo other people tell you, the way they want to.
Like a whore but with more clothes.
If you cant handle that, get another job, absolutely NO pity there.
im with you on this. kit harrington is doing a thing in his private life and i feel like im gonna explode from not caring. this apathy has my blood pressure sky high

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that scene after bran finds out who jons parents are except it has to zoom out from jons face for a strangely long time before other people come into frame

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

unfortunately he isn't going to inherit the title... unless his older brother suffers an unfortunate accident...

why does that dragon cat have 5 dicks? wait now that i see it written like that the answer is obvious

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Serious question- so what was the point of Dany's story arc?
its a story :chloe:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

I almost wonder now if he lied to them, he's seemed pretty disillusioned with how they cut the show short, and he could have the "real ending" in the books he'll never finish when Brandon Sanderson writes them.
sanderson? they too cheap to bring in the big guns?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
bran is basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvhw9BSURGg

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Lickleyhead where she grew up
just north of Rubdemballs

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
season 1 not deviating doesnt mean it includes everything. but if you hated season 8 and want to rectify that by reading the books maybe you should wait like 15 more years for the last 2 books to be nearly done

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
oberyn martell was great

Glenn Quebec posted:

Arya should have died fighting the waif.
thats dumb though

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's better than slicked back hair Arya anime fighting. I agree that's it's my weakest hot take though
arya anime fighting when?