Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
http://i.imgur.com/9SGHdBw.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/2liRYCZ.gifv

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're not even past the wall after 6 seasons. Some slow loving walkers these are.

They're busy taking over all the wildlings' cities and towns to build their army of zombies.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Was that Davos with the flaming sword?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I didn't expect him to make a return. For some reason it looked like Davos with an eyepatch.

Honestly all I want is Gendry to make an appearance in a trailer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Actually gonna start re-watching from the beginning...I've forgotten SO MUCH of what happened. Like the Hound meeting up with the Brotherhood, for example.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, I meant to start a week ago, but ended up starting last night. Gonna be a long week.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I spent way too much time watching reaction videos on that and a couple other moments.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

It's weird but the death that really hit me when I was like "this show will kill off anybody" was Ned's bodyguard Jory that Jamie stabbed in the eye.

That really pissed me off cause like just prior to this Jory and Jaime were reminiscing about some battle they were both at or whatev. I bet no one else ever thinks of poor Jory lol

Their conversation was great, too. Jamie was basically an rear end to him right off the bat, then Jory mentions that they were at some siege together, and suddenly they're trading stories "Did you see X? Yeah, then Y!" When they're done, Jamie goes back to being a dick.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Syrio/Bronn spinoff.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: at buying 3/4 of a box set.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mid-S3: I completely forgot about Podrick loving three whores for an entire afternoon so well they gave him Tyrion's loving bag of gold back. Then Tyrion and Bronn start pouring wine to get him to divulge how. And Varys and Roz being equally baffled. :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Still playing catch up. Just watched Hardhome. loving Sam actually says to Ollie (as Ollie is obviously thinking about killing Jon Snow), "I wouldn't worry about Jon. He always comes back." :lol:

Also, like 3 episodes after Podrick's whorehouse escapades, there's a background moment where he walks past two young ladies of the court who immediately start whispering to each other and staring at him. :lol:

I loving love this show.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That one really jumped out at me, and I don't remember it EVER coming up in any discussions between the cliffhanger and reveal.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

Nymeria's scene could've just been fan service. The books had several mentions of a direwolf leading a pack of normal wolves and wrecking poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is what I'm clinging to.

There's some theorycrafting on the return of syrio and how he's Jaquen, and my girlfriend sent me a video a friend of hers was chewing her ear off over, which involves some elaborate theory on how Tyrion is actually going to ride a dragon alongside dany, but I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, because lol

Arya says "no one" taught her how to fight. So is groupthink that it's a generic "no one" meaning he's another faceless man, but not the same one?

Bolow posted:

Not sure how I feel about Dr. Branhattan

:lol:

M_Gargantua posted:

Going to guess now that the season will end with the night king besieging Winterfell.

It's an odd-numbered season and ALL the Starks are there.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah. Syrio taught her some basic stuff, but you can't say she was even close to being a real fighter when she left him. The faceless men were the ones that really taught her combat and turned her into a killer.

The faceless men taught her how to use a stick with both hands. Everything she did with Needle against Brienne was water-dancer stuff. Edit: I wonder if Syrio's face was on the wall in the background at some point as a clue.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's entirely supposition unsupported by anything.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Syrio and knifeplay isn't. He never taught her anything about that.

You're almost certainly right, but it is all assumption. You declare that something that didn't happen on screen didn't happen at all (and you're probably right, he didn't teach her knife work). Then you assume that the faceless men taught her everything even though none of it was shown on screen.

DON'T TAKE AWAY MY DREAMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Exactly. Syrio was basically a pop-warner coach. You learn some basics and fundamentals, but you really don't learn football till you get to higher levels.

Agreed, disappointing as it is that he didn't do some weird wooden sword fuckery and escape the Red Keep.

Arya also tries to swordfight a bunch of people before she goes to braavos and is never shown as being anything more than a useless kid with a sword.

This really doesn't mean anything. Her performance at that point was just to move her from point A to point B. The story needed her to go to Braavos and the House of Black and White or whatever, so she needed to be awful.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Of course it means something. This is a bizarre and pointless thing to argue dude. You can't just arbitrarily decide that poo poo she's seen doing doesn't mean anything because it doesn't fit your lame-rear end fanfic.

e] yea way to prove my point

:confused:

This thread (maybe it was the last one) is full of people bitching about how characters act a certain way to move the story even though it stands out from the rest of their actions. All I'm doing is pointing out the inconsistency in claiming this one's any different. And that assuming Off-Screen Never Discussed Action A is completely made up while Off-Screen Never Discussed Action B must be the case. They're equally speculative.

I thought it was an interesting conversation, not an argument. I already agreed that Syrio's dead. Calm your tits.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BULLSHIT

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRS8a8HjqFs

I had to go back and find it after that episode. It was clearly a meaningful statement, but I didn't remember the original speech. I was too distracted by Roz being crossbowed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

But Dany is Rheagars sister, and thead king was still alive when Rheagars died, so Dany would still be in the line of succession before Jon

She's also a girl, so no she would not.

Edit: I think the most surprising thing is that in their little epilogue review thing at the end, they didn't even mention the dragon scene.

Edit2: I was for some reason thinking Jon was the king's son...as mentioned below, Raegar wasn't king.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 14, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Rhaegar was never king so I don't think you're right about this

:downs: I'm changing my answer. Dany would probably have the stronger claim as the daughter and sole surviving child of the king, over the grandson of the king. But Jon's claim would probably be stronger than Renly's which was basically "I'm pretty and nice!"

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, if this show has any underlying theme, it's that the legitimacy of your claim is irrelevant if you don't have the stones/horsepower to back it up. I hope that the most explosive secret in the seven kingdoms just never gets mentioned again, because Sam was too wrapped up in his own bullshit to listen to his wife.

The best fiction has a kernal of historical influence.

Edit: :downs: again

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 14, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Benjen gonna help catch one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'll resist because I like watching it on my couch and I hate going through the gymnastics of getting computer stuff on the tv.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

Willingness to kill likable characters that you wanted to see stick around was part of what made this show great in the first place.

In hindsight, Sansa should have pocketed one of those faces.
Arya: "My sister sent a treasonous scroll on behalf of the Lannisters."
(Lords of the North ooh and grumble)
Sansa: "My sister keeps a bag of faces in her room."
(Throws Walder Frey on the table with a wet splat)

I didn't realize the face Sansa's holding when Arya interrupts her was Frey until the recap at the end. :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I hope she's playing him right now, while he thinks he's pulling her strings.

Sansa's in on it or will be, and will stab him with the fancy knife, then Arya will step out from somewhere so he can see her.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

79 minutes.

So, who's gonna be the big death scene at the end? There's got to be at least one major death tonight.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

For a bit there I legitimately thought that Cersei had come to her senses :(

At least Jaime will make it out alright.

So...is she actually pregnant? I'm still leaning towards yes, but she pulled out all the loving stops for that little charade.

And the trial at Winterfell was immensely satisfying. Littlefinger's reaction was loving perfect...that actor is fantastic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I really want to see Dragonbowl, too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

Jon doesn't want the throne though, all he would have to do is give up his claim and let Dany have it.

That'll go over well in the North.

Edit:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol one of both of them isnt making it out of this alive

now that we've plot-armor'd everyone to the meeting, the bloodletting can start

Also that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, yeah, but that doesn't line up with what we factually saw. The children created the night king to fight man. It may have been the 13th LC though, but I don't think the wall was up yet.

The war between the Children of the Forest and the First Men was a long time before the wall went up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, the armor changed as soon as she took the throne and started dressing like Venom.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Euron angle was pretty good though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/WsJ6TAA.gifv

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's how the editing made it look, but he took the loan out to hire his mercenary friend in the Braavos bathhouse. Apparently one of the showrunners confirmed he didn't hire the army.

Also, Cersei sent Euron to go hire and transport them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This "world" really isn't that big. It's basically England and France, where half of France is wasteland.

• Locked thread