Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Just re-ate a bee.

Well, this seems like a vast improvement to me. Runs well on my lovely system where-as the old game chugged like hell. An actual tutorial now and the systems are far more intuitive. Combat is even fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

yegods posted:

Anyhow, I like the new system. It's fun.

Same. I've had this game sitting in my library for years because I tried it and the combat was just awful feeling. It's good now and I'm having fun swinging a sword around, or playing (and rigging) roulette with my pistols.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
How old is your PC, cause I'm running this on a quad-core with 8 gigs of DDR2 RAM and a lovely ATI HD card and it runs really well now. I could barely run the old engine, let alone get it smooth.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 5, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I don't really get alts in this game except as mules.

Some days you want to wallow in beautiful, ordered chaos. Others you want to hear Kirsten Geary say something sociopathic.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
When is that patch, anyway? I hear people say today, but others say tomorrow.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Serf posted:

I bought lifetime way back in the day so I have 3 character slots.

Same here for the number of slots, but I only purchased a regular key off Steam quite a few sales ago. I would have loved permanent sub bonuses though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Ah, there's the patch time: 13:00UTC Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Having a lot of fun with a hammer/ele build. Just Thoring it up all over the place.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Oh cool. If you haven't already done the ARP game then they'll be sending out one more batch of codes next week for latecomers. Game site will be going down at some point soon, so jump on it if you haven't already.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

crawlkill posted:

remember that passives are simpler now. top three rows of passives are just one-off buffs to each ability. bottom two are the more interesting/weirder change-how-your-character-works-a-little ones, and even so I'm not sure I've seen much interaction between different passives.

Blood's are the most fun I've looked at so far, because it's got that mechanic where you kill yourself and a lot of the bottom two rows seem to be about making that either more or less dangerous depending on how you like to play.

Blade has some really good passives.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It's not. All the cheap Mk. I's got bought up as upgrade fodder is all.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just from reading around, apparently people in the original game took nothing just damage and crit talismans and glyphs. You need a much more balanced spread now it seems.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
"No running in the halls, please! They are very slick with gore..."

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Got a regular ol' Sam Krieg up in here.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Make your mind up, goons. Is it The Awful Order or Make Agartha Great Again for goon clan?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

SplitSoul posted:

Thanks, but I did all that. No dice. There's no Vanity button, either.

It's not there in Menu > Delivered Items? Should be a button there that says something like Claim TSW Items.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 13, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
There's button at the bottom of the delivery box in Menu > Delivered Items that says something like Claim TSW Items. If that's not there when you hit Kingsmouth you got problems.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Near the end of Solomon island. I just did that mission myself in fact. Was that once upon a time level 50 content?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I like playing dress-up

Ready for the sequel to The World Ends With You.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Capntastic posted:

Play the auction house, buy aurum.

That's what I've been doing. I started off early (I just had to look pretty), but I mean, eventually what else is there to do with all that Favour than buy Aurum and wardrobe items?

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 17, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Personally I got legit creeped out when I first saw one of the Elder Things. It's the way it moves and the staring eyes.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

DancingShade posted:

Classic TSW pugs were pretty toxic too far as I recall.

Really, it's like that in most games where everyone is personal advancement focused and only reluctantly work with other people because they're forced to.

Yeah, that kind of thing really isn't that different from any other MMO (or multiplayer game in general). People who are Dunning-Kruger incarnate that think they run the show. Hang with people you know and trust or tell them if they're going to salt then you're going to leave. Luckily this isn't poo poo like Everquest and WoW where doing so would get you blacklisted from higher content.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Not going to lie, but I am enjoying Fists for the healing/Damage versatility. Depending on what needed I can pop the appropriate rage skill and drop a bunch of damage or heals whenever is needed. So much more fun that Blades.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Each daily reward will give you a look into the bonus you would have gotten if you were a subscriber. Also each fast travel you use will happily remind you that subscribers can do this for free.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
2500 Aurum will take any item to three pips in the Fusion section of the Uprgade inerface. If you have more than one character, it's not actually all that hard to run their dailies and dungeons, quickly accumulating the marks you need for Aurum exchange on the AH.

vvv: That too. You'd be lucky. A lot of the time though, any item at 3 pips worth anything is pretty extortionate.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 25, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yeah, just reran the entirity of Tyler Freeborn on one of mine. Being able to pick and choose the missions for interest and/or speed is aight. Let's face it, you're going to be re-running all these missions anyay for the sweet, sweet anima shards/combining fodder.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
450 a pop at level 50 I hear. Probably just going to have to boost my sprint and use Aurum to buy a scooter.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
"Removed the limit on how many items can be sold on the Auction per day."

Woop woooop.

"The listing fee and commission for Auction Sales has been adjusted to 10% for non-patrons. The listing fee and commission for Patrons has not changed."

Bwoooo...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

dmboogie posted:

Haven't they already said that all future story content will be free?

That was my understanding from the FAQ, yeah.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I always bring the Blood interrupt, but that's mostly because it involves ripping out and crushing someones heart. How could I not bring that?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Only once from the named mobs around the world.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

NLJP posted:

So I can log in to my old many years dormant secret world account but can't see a way to link it to a secret world legends one. I was told I should just be able to log in with my old info on the legends site but no deal.

Do I just make a new legends account and then is there an option to link?

Is it even worth it? I hardly got any cosmetics on my old account that I remember, I think I just about finished Egypt back then.

It's definitely worth it for getting all the weapons and uniform sets associated with the classes for free.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just got in a group that cleared him in just over 15 minutes. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable encounter.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I got the title from my first box.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Look I'll decide what's important enough to spend my Third Age booty on, thank you very much.

*Clicks for pink scooter*

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
So I noticed crystals that give something like a Demonic Knowledge buff in the Hell dungeons. What are these about. The buff says that this knowledge could potentially be made permanent. Is this lore thing, because it's hard to find info on it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Change to what?

Alt brings up your cursor, but the game is now about reticule targeting and that's always going to involve mouselook.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Actually I think even the devs consider Blades somewhat underperforming and unsatisfying to use. They said they're looking into them. Personally I don't like how they're poo poo before you get your Chi Blade up, after which they start performing as well as the other weapons.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I love that Moose has a thing for Andy. It's pretty adorable.

On the other hand Andy attacked me with filthy cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Discord is fairly easy to use, consolidates alot of functions and doesn't take up that many resources. Aside from Telegram/WhatsApp, it's the only thing in use between alot of my contacts.