Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It was fun but I'm just gonna uninstall and not look back for a bit. Rip TSW if only a competent dev had you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lawlicaust posted:

You are the smartest goon of us all.

I don't want to be because I love the story inside this turd of a game. But goddamn the single good piece is underneath so much bloody diarrhea poop I don't want to dig anymore to find it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Third World Reggin posted:

someone has to go buy a book about how to code it seems

Man they've needed that since 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kayakyakr posted:

Of note: If your TSW character was male and you create a female TSWL character for the hell of it, your clothes won't transfer properly. The sets apparently aren't just gender-specific, but count as different items for the purpose of what you own.

That was why every alt I had was male. I wasn't going to pay to unlock the unicorn visage account wide a second time. I could see things that didn't have a female equivalent being gender bound but things like the golden tux? Why do you need to buy that twice? I mean we all know the true reason is Code Is Hard but I'm pretty sure no other f2p game did poo poo like that

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, every male piece has a female counterpart and vice versa. Some are skirts and pants and shorts, but they're all there as far as I'm aware. Why not just have "clothing item 1" and if it's equipped on a dude it's one way, if it's a girl it's another. Much better way to do it.

Because code is hard and the pubs defend the practice so why bother changing it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'll settle for knowing if taking the gift or refusing the gift means something at the end of the Kingsmouth stuff.

Tokyo spoilers

you get a special attack where you do a crazy burst dps and have wings. Your decision influences the colors of the wings

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Phanatic posted:

Hrm, so this seems different and counterintuitive to me.

I'm still supposed to use two weapons, but I can't have more than one basic ability equipped at a time? So if I'm hammer/blade, I can either have Flowing Blade equipped so I can use my sword even if I'm out of blade energy, or I can have Smash equipped so I can hit something with my hammer even if I'm out hammer energy, but I can't have both equipped, which means I have no way to attack with one of my two weapons once I run out of energy with that weapon.

Am I missing something? Coming from TSW where you can build energy for both weapons with one attack, that seems backwards.

Correct because gently caress you as far as I can tell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Is that EvilBillMurray's youtube channel?

Nope

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I can't wait to read about how bad AEGIS 2.0 is :allears:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

So it turns out that the 10 AH limit is how many you can put up per day, period. Not how many you sell.

If you try to cancel a sale to put up a more valuable item, it won't refund the slot.

Working as intended or bug? The world will never know.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

Mandatory viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY

I have 529 hours in Old TSW and I really want Legends to reinvigorate new player interest otherwise it's just going to be a game in stasis again.

But I have to agree with everything being said in that video.

:yeah:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Maybe that change will be enough to make me reinstall and try again

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Not entirely sure what Tabula Rasa is but you can buy "rooms" and there was just one player in a fursuit wandering about :cry:

The RP hotel. It used to have a shared chat channel.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Welp, some assface mod just banned me from the official discord because I told some pubbie I was the guy who cloned aurum. Guess my support for funcom just dropped heartily.

You thought that would go over well? I got banned from the official forums for "making the devs sad"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Better than my last job

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Again. Did you miss the point where I got kicked from the legends beta for posting negative criticism of the game? You really shouldn't be surprised by that.

And the level cap is trash. I'm over Polaris. Let me do Hell Raised now that I'm in SC.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Dang that sucks Nixon... hope you can manage to get unbanned

I got one freebie when the community management changed but since then I've been pretty much disliked by them. They really don't take criticism well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Something Wicked was broken for months on OG launch

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

the only dungeons they made elite ones for are the ones where the difficulty was never hosed by them over tuning things.

That means everything but Hell Fallen, Slaughterhouse and Facility.

God I missed reading their patch notes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm interested in seeing the elite 5+ dungeons where "new challenges will be added". I'm thinking more and more this will be an Agony-like system like gw2 or maybe some bonus bosses/extra gimmicks.

What you mean to say is "an extra 0 at the end of their attack, defense, and hp" come on you really think they're going to put more work into it than that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone who can talk to funcom tell them to fix their poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How do we have bad players already? The games been out what two weeks?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I couldn't imagine being so pissed I'd redo all that poo poo again. I want out of Maine so goddamned much doing it again sounds like the opposite of fun

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Did my 3x polaris - can confirm that getting item loot is bullshit. About 50/50 rate. Polaris gives ~3k xp with patron and the guaranteed reward bag does drop. In 3 runs, I saw one rare chest, which has red runes on top and I think the spikes were different. Got a blue item distillate for 1k item xp and a trash green item.

So you get items at the rate they say you will? The patch notes say 50/50?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

"Dungeons don't drop enough items"

"Okay how about we make it 50/50?"

*Makes it 50/50*

"Dungeons drop too many items!"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm trying to list some poo poo on the AH and prices for this bladed fist range from 900 to 25k. What the hell pubbies?

When the crash screen pops up after you close the game it still calls it The Secret World.

Len fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 6, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why anyone would start to get married to a load out when the elite dungeons aren't even fully rolled out or explored is crazy to me. Go with what you aren't dying/holding aggro with

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Games not even got every dungeon rolled out. Things are gonna end up changing again soon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Alright, linked my account and made it to the sheriff's office, still missing my wardrobe. What do I do?

I had to log out and back in

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can someone explain to me why a hammer of restoration mk2 is worth less than a mk1?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jack B Nimble posted:

I've made it to the Savage Coast and the League of Monster Slayers is amazing.

I'm worried I don't understand gear: what I think is that each kind of gear has a both general stats (like damage) that increase with weapon level (gained by feeding trash weapons into them) and a passive ability, and that what distinguishes, say, different kinds of shotguns; these passive abilities are just set for each gun. In the case of armor the "passive ability" is what stats the armor boots.

So what I'm doing, is I grind up weapons and items I don't want to level my current gear, and then I switch items if I find a new piece gear that has a higher tier passive ability than my current gear.

Functionally this means soon after unlocking a gear slot I've looted a version with a passive ability set I like, and I grind up everything else until a higher tier version of that passive ability comes along.

I've done that for a bit under 20 levels so far, and I'm doing this wrong I'd rather find out now than later.

If it makes you feel better I can almost guarantee that just like TSW you won't need to be a min/max sperg in SWL so long term it shouldn't matter.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

System Requ rements[sic posted:

]
Processor: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: At least 2GB RAM for Windows XP / 3GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Video Card: nVidia 8800 series 512 VRAM or better/Radeon HD3850 512MB or better
Hard Drive: At least 30GB of free space
DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Keyboard & Mouse
512 KBPS or faster Internet Connection

I can't wait to see their response when people start asking tech questions after the steam launch. I really hope it's better than "TSW does not support Win X" like it was before.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

What kind of healer doesn't have a cleanse? Purges and Cleanses are super important. I did see that the Regeneration cleanse is not working but the ability is still the most powerful elite skill in the game hands down. With Regeneration you can clear everything in the game without issue. Hell I soloed four of the region bosses and a handful of lair mobs because of it.

I don't know what ability you're talking about post the name Drinkfist.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Shambala being down is just the worst. Where am I supposed to get shards now? :/

Seriously. I've been queueing and then playing PlayStation. Sweet sweet shards whether we win or lose.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hahahahaha "big deal" meaning the color of your cool wings.

Mine are black like the night.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I honestly never looked up what does what. I just remember an angel sounding all menacing and then giving me a fantastic rear end charge ability for siding with evil

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You still can have the weapon in your hand display on your back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

PSA: Failcom is a filtered word but Failcompetence is not. Joel "Failcompetence" Bylos the Templar is now a thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

I think Killson was Ragnar "Swedishchef" Tornquist and they got him back in the Dev PVP fights. If they still do that kind of thing then you want to keep that in mind.

In Joel's defense this fuckup has nothing to do with him for the first time.

Yeah but Joel was the only funcom employee whose name I could think of at the time. I'm definitely keeping Failcompetence though. That poo poo is on lock for if I ever decide I hate myself to level an alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I never got it. Did everyone just not pay attention to the npc running off into the distance past the box? Because that's literally the direction on what to do