Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Has anyone found pics of the capstone outfits?

E: Oh, it's the old deck outfits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Looks like maybe if the target you got the effect from a hit on dies the revenant will retarget if it did not already get the extra hit off and there is another enemy in combat with you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Richard M Nixon posted:

Has anyone found pics of the capstone outfits?

E: Oh, it's the old deck outfits?

Old Deck outfits as a collection of individual pieces, with faction colouring.

Can't find the Illuminati gas mask yet.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

Yeah sure, just good goddamn luck getting the 100k marks to afford the intricate accurate.

Unless you were like me and bought up sets of 3 pip Defense Rating Glyphs and Hit Rating Glyphs for 1,000 marks each because everyone in the whole game is focusing on Attack Rating and Crit and EVERYTHING that isn't that was super cheap to get. Now the price is spiking due to the idiots getting enlightened about how this game works.

I also have 7 Talisman sets for Attack, HP and Heal all three pip by just watching the super cheap prices on the original broken market. Now that people can search for it directly the prices are on the rise.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Games not even got every dungeon rolled out. Things are gonna end up changing again soon.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oh cool. If you haven't already done the ARP game then they'll be sending out one more batch of codes next week for latecomers. Game site will be going down at some point soon, so jump on it if you haven't already.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Neverwinter had the same thing but killed it because it sucked.

No, the one in Neverwinter ruled since you could script it and run leadership crap in your browser to get free money literally. Then they took that out because everybody was getting free money and then it sucked.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
How the hell do I fix this?

I can't unsubscribe from General chat. Not only can't I unsubscribe from it, everything everyone says is echoed multiple times. The number of echoes seems to increase every time I zone. Someone in /cabal suggested making a new chat tab, and subscribing to only General in it, and that works, until I zone, at which time my main chat window starts filling up with General again.

Please help. This is terrible.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Try making a new tab with no general chat subscription, but also make sure that the option to "auto-subscribe to new channels" is not checked.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oh cool. If you haven't already done the ARP game then they'll be sending out one more batch of codes next week for latecomers. Game site will be going down at some point soon, so jump on it if you haven't already.

Oh dang, I just did the ARG so I guess I have to wait 'til next week. At least I got it done before it went away.

ed: Also, please invite 'Luxury' to the cabal, ty.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The ARG shotgun is lever action which is fine I guess even though the default shotgun skin is about the only default skin I like.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Can someone pls help me with decent Chaos+Pistols build? Or Pistols+Chaos.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Might as well ask here since googling around hasn't helped. I'm currently on and off going through the Tyler Freeborn quests. Everything's gone smoothly until the Orochi camp. It's as if the detection rate/range is through the roof. I've had it where after watching the orb patrols to make sure I'm not passing when an orb will turn around, I'll have one turn when it's not at it's turning point. Making sure I'm avoiding the blue search net doesn't seem to work unless I'm practically behind an orb that's passed by. I've also had it where I'm far away from an Orochi guy to where he's barely visible and still get busted. And it's been a mixed bag of when doing the keypad and an orb passes by on whether it sees me or not. Not helping either is I'm also seeing everyone's notice on the HFC alerts which has made it a bitch to try and figure out which one's applying to me with doing the blood sample gathering.

I ended up getting so fed up with how many times I've had to restart from how erratic getting busted's been and let the quest go paused to get other stuff done.

So, does anyone have any tips on what more I can do along with I'm trying to unpause the quest and with having one blood sample collected, not sure how far back I have to go to unpause it since going back to the laptop I got the gathering part from doesn't work.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Has anyone else had crashes from accessing the passives or actives screen? I've seen a couple of posts on the reddit for this game but since there is not an official forums so I can't check any kind of central location.

I just got to level 15 while dealing with these stupid crashes and thought I would evade the crashes by just avoiding the problem screens. Just tried to do the first dungeon and got to the very first dungeon chest. Opened it and the game immediately crashed.

:negative:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Might as well ask here since googling around hasn't helped. I'm currently on and off going through the Tyler Freeborn quests. Everything's gone smoothly until the Orochi camp. It's as if the detection rate/range is through the roof. I've had it where after watching the orb patrols to make sure I'm not passing when an orb will turn around, I'll have one turn when it's not at it's turning point. Making sure I'm avoiding the blue search net doesn't seem to work unless I'm practically behind an orb that's passed by. I've also had it where I'm far away from an Orochi guy to where he's barely visible and still get busted. And it's been a mixed bag of when doing the keypad and an orb passes by on whether it sees me or not. Not helping either is I'm also seeing everyone's notice on the HFC alerts which has made it a bitch to try and figure out which one's applying to me with doing the blood sample gathering.

I ended up getting so fed up with how many times I've had to restart from how erratic getting busted's been and let the quest go paused to get other stuff done.

So, does anyone have any tips on what more I can do along with I'm trying to unpause the quest and with having one blood sample collected, not sure how far back I have to go to unpause it since going back to the laptop I got the gathering part from doesn't work.

Really? I've been so close to the bot things I could've touched the scanning beams with my tongue and the people only detect me when I wander by right in front of them. Could be a latency issue? If you want help I'll gladly team up with you to get that sorted out real quick.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

Can someone pls help me with decent Chaos+Pistols build? Or Pistols+Chaos.

Yes but I don't know the name of ANY of the powers because I don't care to remember them.

Chaos bottom line hate AOE as your basic attack
Chaos bottom line hate AOE 5 resource consumer on your other mouse button
Chaos top line (breakdown - I remember this one!) 5 resource consumer just because
Pistol top line 5 resource single target consumer
Pistol top line elite ability
Pistol (forget the line) reload ability - the extra resources are nice but the self-cleanse is just wonderful

I have no suggestions re: passives because I'm still experimenting / unlocking them all.

Should have added - this is for soloing obviously. In a dungeon you would want a totally different build depending on if you're tanking or dps.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 8, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Yes but I don't know the name of ANY of the powers because I don't care to remember them.

Chaos bottom line hate AOE as your basic attack
Chaos bottom line hate AOE 5 resource consumer on your other mouse button
Chaos top line (breakdown - I remember this one!) 5 resource consumer just because
Pistol top line 5 resource single target consumer
Pistol top line elite ability
Pistol (forget the line) reload ability - the extra resources are nice but the self-cleanse is just wonderful

I have no suggestions re: passives because I'm still experimenting / unlocking them all.

Should have added - this is for soloing obviously. In a dungeon you would want a totally different build depending on if you're tanking or dps.

Yes, sure. Wouldn't mind to still look what passives work with this.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the invite all, I haven't said much on /cabal because i'm still getting used to the game; I also need to get out of general because even without that bug Phanatic mentioned it's drat spammy.

Currently Pharmaskittle and I are grouping together, if anyone sees him in Kingsmouth he's a goon, I'll see if I can get him to pop into the thread and ask for an invite at some point.

I just wanted to say that the writing and the presentation/themes of this game is just so far beyond what you normally see in MMOs. Pharmaskittle and I are running around Maine first person and it feels quite a bit like I've found the next game I'd lump into the same genre as Vampire: Bloodlines and Alan Wake.

I did have a build question: I'm level 12, I have my two guns and my two armor pieces, and I've just been throwing every drop into the wood chipper (early on I examined the drops until I found the "passives" I wanted for each item, like I chose armor pieces that grant +health and phys/mag protection). I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing something terribly wrong, it seems pretty straight forward but you never know.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Sekenr posted:

Yes, sure. Wouldn't mind to still look what passives work with this.

remember that passives are simpler now. top three rows of passives are just one-off buffs to each ability. bottom two are the more interesting/weirder change-how-your-character-works-a-little ones, and even so I'm not sure I've seen much interaction between different passives.

Blood's are the most fun I've looked at so far, because it's got that mechanic where you kill yourself and a lot of the bottom two rows seem to be about making that either more or less dangerous depending on how you like to play.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Alright, linked my account and made it to the sheriff's office, still missing my wardrobe. What do I do?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Alright, linked my account and made it to the sheriff's office, still missing my wardrobe. What do I do?

I had to log out and back in

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

I had to log out and back in

Not only did this not work, but their client still crashes on close. Holy loving poo poo. Guess I'll contact their chat, oh, it's not open until noon.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Morglon posted:

Really? I've been so close to the bot things I could've touched the scanning beams with my tongue and the people only detect me when I wander by right in front of them. Could be a latency issue? If you want help I'll gladly team up with you to get that sorted out real quick.

Latency was the farthest thing from my mind. I've never really had a problem with that in any online game I've played. Some stutteriness or slow load in when logging on, yeah. Some rubberbanding, rare but yeah. Everything slowing to a crawl during a world event with everyone and thier Grandma crammed in, yeah. But I've never had anything I'd think of latency/lag. Let me try a few things first and I'll go from there. It was throwing me with everyone in chat saying how easy the Orochi part was with the trouble I was having, so when I heard the horror story of how Angry Earth was, I'll happily give up a completion go by avoiding that one.

Anyone know how far I need to go back to unpause the quest to give it another go?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Is it just me or does it take longer to get out of combat mode since the last patch(es)? Haven't played since last week, but now it feels like it takes a few extra seconds after killing everything to be able to sprint and regenerate my shotgun shells.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ImpactVector posted:

Is it just me or does it take longer to get out of combat mode since the last patch(es)? Haven't played since last week, but now it feels like it takes a few extra seconds after killing everything to be able to sprint and regenerate my shotgun shells.

Did you notice this when fighting Vampires?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Drinkfist posted:

Did you notice this when fighting Vampires?
No, just fighting zombies and draug near the lighthouse in SC. I was watching for DoTs, and didn't see anything.

I could just be crazy and it's always been that slow/annoying to start sprinting after a fight though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

ImpactVector posted:

No, just fighting zombies and draug near the lighthouse in SC. I was watching for DoTs, and didn't see anything.

I could just be crazy and it's always been that slow/annoying to start sprinting after a fight though.
It varies wildly and always has. I've never been able to figure out what causes it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not only did this not work, but their client still crashes on close. Holy loving poo poo. Guess I'll contact their chat, oh, it's not open until noon.
Have you actually opened delivered items and clicked the 'claim TSW vanity' button yet? The instructions are a bit garbage and it's the thing I've seen people miss pretty much every time they've complained about not having their stuff.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ImpactVector posted:

You triggered an egg probably.

Combat sticks after hitting the following occasionally during aoe combat: Draug Eggs, Crucified Bodies, Blood Bags, Spore Bombs, Explosive Objects and anything else with a health bar. The Chain attacks are notorious for this as they can occasionally jump far past their given radius and drag in some mob from the edge of view distance. I have seen it happen at least three times now with my pistol chain attacks.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

crawlkill posted:

remember that passives are simpler now. top three rows of passives are just one-off buffs to each ability. bottom two are the more interesting/weirder change-how-your-character-works-a-little ones, and even so I'm not sure I've seen much interaction between different passives.

Blood's are the most fun I've looked at so far, because it's got that mechanic where you kill yourself and a lot of the bottom two rows seem to be about making that either more or less dangerous depending on how you like to play.

Blade has some really good passives.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Can someone explain to me why a hammer of restoration mk2 is worth less than a mk1?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It's not. All the cheap Mk. I's got bought up as upgrade fodder is all.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

Unless you were like me and bought up sets of 3 pip Defense Rating Glyphs and Hit Rating Glyphs for 1,000 marks each because everyone in the whole game is focusing on Attack Rating and Crit and EVERYTHING that isn't that was super cheap to get. Now the price is spiking due to the idiots getting enlightened about how this game works.

I also have 7 Talisman sets for Attack, HP and Heal all three pip by just watching the super cheap prices on the original broken market. Now that people can search for it directly the prices are on the rise.

Is there a write up somewhere of all the stats and exactly how they work? Google still spits out poo poo from 4 years ago.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 9, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Right now it sounds like one maxed out three pip Hit Glyph will cover you on Hit. The rest is a mix of Crit and Crit Damage to your discretion... for DPS anyway.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just from reading around, apparently people in the original game took nothing just damage and crit talismans and glyphs. You need a much more balanced spread now it seems.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mercurius posted:

Have you actually opened delivered items and clicked the 'claim TSW vanity' button yet? The instructions are a bit garbage and it's the thing I've seen people miss pretty much every time they've complained about not having their stuff.

Yes, but it was hosed. It's fixed now. I had to claim it, log out, log in, it wasn't there, I couldn't claim it. Close the client. Log in again, reclaim it (it showed up again), and THEN I had everything. I'm guessing I just hit some extraordinarily bad lag spike or something and the initial claim got swallowed. Maybe. Who loving knows with this loving game...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's no immediately obvious because of the lack of a storefront but there are what I think are a number of new clothing items in the wardrobe section you can buy with regular in game currency.

Some of them obviously adapted from certain NPC outfits that were previously unavailable, some that I think are new.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Is it just me, or is chaos kind of pointless? Rewind and immutable are cute gimmicks, but hammer is pretty indisputably King poo poo of not dying (seriously, what the gently caress is that pain suppression passive) and shotgun seems about on par in survivability but with better group utility. I feel like I'm missing something, are the enigma buffs just that good something?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Androc posted:

Is it just me, or is chaos kind of pointless? Rewind and immutable are cute gimmicks, but hammer is pretty indisputably King poo poo of not dying (seriously, what the gently caress is that pain suppression passive) and shotgun seems about on par in survivability but with better group utility. I feel like I'm missing something, are the enigma buffs just that good something?

Immutable lets you ignore mechanics that would just flat out kill you. They aren't super common but some times it's nice to just not deal with some annoying horse poo poo, or just outright cover a normally fatal mistake that would wipe you. It's also one of the weapons that has on demand dispels which are super important later on. The enigma buffs only last for 5 seconds and a few of them are very situational. Also weak. Oh hey I got the damage reflect one while the boss is running around or not hitting me. Also you have to dispel them in order to reap the benefits and you generally want to save those for actually important stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

Latency was the farthest thing from my mind. I've never really had a problem with that in any online game I've played. Some stutteriness or slow load in when logging on, yeah. Some rubberbanding, rare but yeah. Everything slowing to a crawl during a world event with everyone and thier Grandma crammed in, yeah. But I've never had anything I'd think of latency/lag. Let me try a few things first and I'll go from there. It was throwing me with everyone in chat saying how easy the Orochi part was with the trouble I was having, so when I heard the horror story of how Angry Earth was, I'll happily give up a completion go by avoiding that one.

Anyone know how far I need to go back to unpause the quest to give it another go?

I don't know what you mean by going back. When you complete a mission your "old" mission will pop back where you left off. I've been to orochi camp yesterday with no problems and there was also about 5 people screwing around there as well.

Unrelated question: how do you remove glyph from a weapon? Or can I just put in another glyph and it will overwrite the old one?