Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Lawlicaust posted:

There's excitement?

I think he might have meant excrement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Breidr posted:

As a person who has kind of struggled with Action Combat MMOs in the past, how bad is this game. Last one I tried was Neverwinter and it was meh. Well, that and there was an annoying bug where my Paladin would raise his shield like a Guardian and not trigger the aura. Tanking was less intuitive for me in an action combat setting.

How does this game handle such things?

Either way I'll be there on release, FREE GAME!

Well there you go Neverwinter is loving terrible

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It dies with my SSD and I can't be arsed to download it before then.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I would agree but at no point did it tear the fabric of spacetime, unleash an ancient evil or devour countless people.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh good it took me like ten solid minutes to log into the old game at all, now to spend my points on clothes. If the loving store ever loads that is.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 23, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah because what you really want when it takes literal months of play time is do it over with more characters.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Hell, I would've bought some but they only take credit cars which is a thing that not nearly as big here as in the US. My mom has had one for twenty plus years and used it once so I never bothered getting one. Being lazy saved the day yet again.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well i lost 26k marks because I had a buy order up at some point so I'm loving pissed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

BabyFur Denny posted:

launcher takes an hour to download 60MB, then the login doesn't work. Great start

Glad it's not just me. Well not glad. The other thing. Pissed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh great I got to the town in Egypt and all the quests there seem to be broken, no cultist corpse to examine, not faction guy to hand my stuff to just unable to complete anything but sidequests.

Okay good it finally worked but the quest markers were way off. Also until I hit Egypt I was like ten levels over leveled for everything just because I did all the quests before I moved on. Still don't get why they even bothered with a level system when you're gonna hit max halfway through the story.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 28, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Honestly I've played the original and I've never had any of the problems I'm having now. Also I'm really loving tempted to just get my own cabal for the extra bank space because the size of your inventory is just insultingly small.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I think the original is still buy to play? If not that, if it is still that but legends will do.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
35 inventory slots because you have to pay aurum and at that point it's already 40 for five more. I would play the original for the reasonably priced inventory and sprint upgrades alone. I already left the goon cabal again because I ran out of space to keep poo poo around already. The bag situation is really not fun and a serious thing that can and will stop people from playing especially if you're trying to keep more gear sets around or just plain upgrade poo poo to max.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If you're gonna do blade just do blade, mixing something else in is really detrimental there.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There are some quests that will take up a huge chunk of your inventory and if you forget or don't know they're coming up you're kind of hosed since you can't delete any items to make room for the quest poo poo you need. Honestly the inventory situation is plain unacceptable above all else that's wrong with it. In the other one I have 180 slots all bought with ingame money, not that you need that many but it lets me carry around a ton of fun items and most importantly alternate gear sets, you're not doing that here since even having one alternate set will eat up too much of your inventory.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's twice that for the next five slots then it jumps straight to 400 aurum. Didn't spend that so I don't know what comes next but 400 aurum for five slots is loving highway robbery. I mean it comes down on how the exchange rates are that day but that doesn't change the fact that someone dropped real money for that and there's no way around it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

Imagine a fan made version of Blade Runner made by some amateurs who had never seen the original movie, just a copy of the script.

I'd say it will be like Highlander 2 compared to the original.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah I traded for a dungeon weapon with another goon and it looks more like a European sword with some spikes and for some reason holes in it but everything is better than another loving Katana. It has great stats too but who cares about that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well they want to tempt you to buy more obviously but you can also sell those for anima shards which is a nice bonus.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not only is it pretty expensive but apparently their payment processor is super loving shady so even if I do end up buying some I won't before it's on Steam and I can use Steam wallet.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Best way to do it is travel back in time and pay for lifetime. I suppose the lame way is click the symbol left of the daily login thing on your top bar.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 1, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well yeah classic was totally worth it even with some all its flaws and to this day I don't regret buying lifetime for that while on the other hand I doubt I would even touch legends without that carrying over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can't outlevel the last thee but I suspect you can solo them too when all your gear is mythic. So far increase in power has been insane from green to purple.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering I solo'd Polaris and ended up getting a case and a half of distillates for my trouble, mythic gear's going to be years in the coming.

Yeah I'm not arguing that, I'm in the purples myself and actual level increases for my gear come once in a blue loving moon but the difference is pretty substantial when it does. Usually it takes an expansion or two for that kind of power creep and it's kind of unprecedented for classic but it's not hard to figure out where this is heading.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Sword heals are self heals only.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You know you can just sell some of your extra poo poo for more anima shards when you're running low. I'm on purple and I sell everything not a sword because it's too expensive for very little progress. Although I am also trying to pump up my museum for the costumes and kick rear end gadgets.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Meallan posted:

That's pretty legit actually. I feel that for those missions the only thing that counts as cheating is looking for a TSW walkthrough. Anything else is role-playing and fair game.

No in this game it's meta so it totally flies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Kessel posted:

It would be nice if Funcom had chosen a less shady payment processor

Can't be helped just wait for the Steam release.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So where are my ARG weapons? Not that I need them I just really want them.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I don't need a gun when I have the power to kill a Yak from two hundred yards away with MIND BULLETS-

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Go fast is probably a good pick for your off weapon too.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No man, Tokyo is chapter 12.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
For my main it's kind of garbage but I guess for the alts I'm not planning on playing a lot because apparently you can't use the exchange to transfer marks between characters they're sort of nice.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Neverwinter had the same thing but killed it because it sucked.

No, the one in Neverwinter ruled since you could script it and run leadership crap in your browser to get free money literally. Then they took that out because everybody was getting free money and then it sucked.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The ARG shotgun is lever action which is fine I guess even though the default shotgun skin is about the only default skin I like.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Might as well ask here since googling around hasn't helped. I'm currently on and off going through the Tyler Freeborn quests. Everything's gone smoothly until the Orochi camp. It's as if the detection rate/range is through the roof. I've had it where after watching the orb patrols to make sure I'm not passing when an orb will turn around, I'll have one turn when it's not at it's turning point. Making sure I'm avoiding the blue search net doesn't seem to work unless I'm practically behind an orb that's passed by. I've also had it where I'm far away from an Orochi guy to where he's barely visible and still get busted. And it's been a mixed bag of when doing the keypad and an orb passes by on whether it sees me or not. Not helping either is I'm also seeing everyone's notice on the HFC alerts which has made it a bitch to try and figure out which one's applying to me with doing the blood sample gathering.

I ended up getting so fed up with how many times I've had to restart from how erratic getting busted's been and let the quest go paused to get other stuff done.

So, does anyone have any tips on what more I can do along with I'm trying to unpause the quest and with having one blood sample collected, not sure how far back I have to go to unpause it since going back to the laptop I got the gathering part from doesn't work.

Really? I've been so close to the bot things I could've touched the scanning beams with my tongue and the people only detect me when I wander by right in front of them. Could be a latency issue? If you want help I'll gladly team up with you to get that sorted out real quick.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Let me just mention here that the end game story dungeons are bugged to poo poo. Facility for example has a bug that the second to last boss puts a dot on you that lasts until you die. Same goes for the last boss but for the entire party. Our healer tried to keep us up but everybody constantly taking a hundred damage every second for no drat reason got us eventually. For gently caress's sake did anybody actually play test anything? I've been getting bugs in this I've never seen in my years of playing classic.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No i filled out all the quests before moving on. And it's not that hard to get to 50 and be confined to the last three dungeons, I hit 50 mid Egypt. And my point still stands, I encountered pretty much no bugs in classic and I've run into a hand full here. It's pretty baffling is all.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No, dungeon items are not special, they just have a signet built in which I guess is nice for now but signets will come down in price eventually and having a dungeon item instead of a free form may severely limit you in the long run unless it's something like my sword that gives extra chi on crit which will probably remain best in slot forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So it's just my sword then? loving hell. But still chi on crit is really good.