Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Closed the old thread, bee refugees assemble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Aniversity? (Or however the pubbies mispelled the anniversary chat channel)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Game would have been up and running, without any issues, if Joel was still running the show. :smug:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Can I get an invite into the Cool Kids Cabal. IGN is HughGRect. TIA.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

I have finally retrieved enough parts from the moving boxes that my gaming computer is back from the dead. Now somebody tell me which class to choose. :qq:

Edit: okay, Magus it is.

I went Ninja, because swords = spin to win.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

What you mean to say is "an extra 0 at the end of their attack, defense, and hp" come on you really think they're going to put more work into it than that?

Funcom can't manage adding an extra zero correctly. What would likely happen is a decimal would be in the wrong spot, again. Or even better, their HP values would start in the negative, and the only way to win is to heal their negative HP.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Have a code for the arg sword, game doesn't catch my interest.

5WHBKA36K737TRNM

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is Loki infected? Is Loki even still in SWL?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

I started working on one in like 2014 but I'm too far out of the game now :shrug: I'll see if I still have those text message archives hugh(?) extracted, now that I know something higher-level than C++ I'll probably find time to parse them into something readable.

That wiki article on the Dreamers does sum things up well though. It was fun picking through all of the lore, contextual clues (enemy names, buff/debuff names, environmental stuff), faction texts, etc... to get a picture of what was going on. It did take away a lot of the surprise from the Tokyo ending, though. Except for Daemon. You can't predict Daemon.

I should have the RDB extractors on my old computer. Been considering taking a peek under the hood of SWL.

Edit: Here are the mission texts from TSW; however, I don't believe they have the Tokyo content.
Dragon
Templar
Illuminati

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 22, 2017

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Break the meta and have healers bring impairs.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I liked when scenarios could be cheesed by spamming blood shields on yourself, causing the waves to come to yiu. Pubbies complained that this was "cheating", and it was patched out during the tests. Must have been the same pubbies who thought the tact-i-cool headset was a good idea.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm not entirely convinced the nightmare mechanics are actually as important a piece of treasured content as we're making them out to be anyway. I seem to remember most people would only ever run Polaris on NM in the original game. :v:

People would run 18s forever and than whichever dungeon was broken.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I miss this game and the goons I met along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
They misspelled Anniversity. I think I misspelled Anniversity as well.