Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
One good thing about the weapon grind, I guess, is that it will give people reasons to start new chars and see the story and quests from other secret societies. I may finally see what all the fuss over Kristen Geary is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

i started a new dragon character, killed the gravekeeper in the little dream zone, picked up the lever he dropped & tried to put it on the door, and then the game overheated my laptop and forced it to shutdown. when I loaded it back up, I don't have a lever, it tells me to pick up the lever from the gravekeeper's body which is not there, and there's nothing else to do in the area!

i sure missed you, secret world :glomp:

Same thing happened to my computer during another part of the tutorial. I fixed it by running as far away from where the item was supposed to be (cell phone) and came back to it. If that didn't work, I would have had to do a day 1 support ticket. Good stuff funcom.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I remember when I first heard they were relaunching... I thought "Oh good, they will update the graphics and fix a bunch of the old bugs!"

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Cheston posted:

**oh my loving god this bug existed in 2012

gently caress it, no, I'm leaving again

Well they reverted back to the 2012 alternate combat system save file and called it a new game, so it makes sense.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I don't play much. I'm waiting for my steam backlog to be resolved a bit before I start up again. However, when I log in I get login bonuses and the pop up says "Patron bonus" at the bottom. I don't remember giving them any credit card info, so I assume this is just a normal daily login bonus that a lot of MMOs have, and the bonus is just what I would have got if I was a patron. Right? I am really just kind of hoping I funcom'd my way into free patron.

EDIT: Had to edit to try to make it more clear.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 19, 2017

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Thursday Next posted:

So I've been doing a lot of randos because there's never anyone in the cabal on who wants to do elites. Most of the time, they go okay - we wipe here and there, but overall it's fine.

(I've met two honest-to-Frith Pay2Win tanks while PUGging, by the way... full mid-leveled orange gear with matching glyphs and sigils. Both were terrible players. I know it's a cliche but drat. They stood in the bad - which they could survive, kind of, given their twenty-thousand hit points.)

But one thing I've noticed is the holy mother of poo poo level of toxicity in some of the PUGs. Most often, it's the healer. Sometimes the DPS. Once or twice, the tank. But god drat, people are vile. Moreso than I remember in other MMOs. Is this just bad luck of the draw (over ~100 PUGs) or is there a reason for it?

One of the theories I came up with is that since a single mistake by anyone == group wipe, people are way more tetchy in general.

Anyone else notice this?

Also is there another cabal somewhere that has more players?

This doesn't answer your question at all, but it reminds me of when I used to run nightmares in the old game. I would always hold out for the "laid back" or "newb runs" because f those guys that took the game too seriously and would quit after the 2nd wipe no matter when it came.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I started actually playing this instead of just collecting daily's, and the crashes are getting really annoying. Zapping zombies; Crash. Running Polaris; Crash. Collecting a mission; Crash. I can even just be sitting there mulling over my ability wheel chart and it crashes. Never had these many issues with the old game.

Watching some of the cut scenes again reminds me why I liked this game so much. But I can't believe they still have floating 2d necklaces after all this time. Don't they know they are ruining my 'mersion?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

Haven't had a single crash though it sure does love to give your video card cooler a workout. How's your hardware going?

Hardware seems to be fine, doesn't get pushed too hard. Hardware's a couple years old but should be more than fine for this game, as I said I had no problems with TSW. I don't notice any lag, freezes, audio drops anything like that before it crashes.

I like to run in a windowed display mode, perhaps I'll try full screen or whatever and see if that helps.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I didn't seem to have any issues converting to steam, luckily. Other than losing patron (until that's fixed) and the game telling me I put in the wrong un/pw the very first time I attempted to log in through steam (2nd attempt worked fine).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Have they said what they plan to do for Tokyo combat? I assume they will add some new mechanic like they did before, but hopefully one that doesn't make everybody quit the game.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Pendent posted:

And just like that it works again. Incredibly strange.

Same thing happened to me on my very first attempt at logging in after switching to steam login. I tried it again immediately and it worked. Haven't had the problem since.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

Hey as a new player, what should I prioritize spending marks on? I want a 3pip green weapon, faster sprint, and maybe changing up from hammer/blade to hammer/shotgun. Anything else I need?

I suggest prioritizing 3pip everything. You will regret leveling anything but a 3pip item later. I wasted so many MoF's early leveling 1 pip stuff then grinding it into a 3pip item and only getting the base 100xp for it.

I used some of my steam funbux to upgrade to Sprint V, it's worth it I think. Just remember you can use MoF to buy up to Sprint IV. So you can convert the funbux into MoF, then buy it with MoF. If you figure out the math it is probably cheaper than paying the 500 funbux.

Kessel posted:

What does the hover board actually do? Does it stealth you when you sprint past normal enemies?

Referring specifically to the stealthboard; Yah, it has a cloak ability. It used to be really useful in the old game at getting rid of annoying agro as you zoomed through a zone. It may not be as useful now since low level monsters seem to ignore me even if I stand right next to them. I haven't really figured it out. Seems like a cool change if that's the case.

Edit: I don't know if the other hoverboards have the stealth ability. I believe the stealthboard was introduced when people were still kind of leery about the idea of bees using vehicles other than their feet, so they needed a hook.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 7, 2017

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

So Johnny Depp plays an Orochi agent?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Richard M Nixon posted:

E: Coming up next, a goonfleet-style site where you must enable two factor authentication to join any groups and confirm your identity with a credit card statement showing :10bux: paid to Lowtax.

I think I'll wait for that then, I want to make sure I game with REAL goons not just those fake ones.

Variable Haircut posted:

People would run 18s forever and than whichever dungeon was broken.

I used to run 17s; Polaris, Darkness Wars then Hell Fallen all the way up to the Machine Tyrant where our pub groups would inevitably get destroyed over and over and over until we all hated each other (4 wipes usually did it). That was before they nerfed the Machine Tyrant a bit though.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 27, 2017

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
The patron status that I bought before switching to steam ran out. I renewed on steam yesterday but today it's gone again. I contacted their support and I guess this is a new issue they are seeing and are trying to resolve. My G13 happened to break the same day, so I'll take this as a sign that I should take a few days off from grinding gear.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Space Skeleton posted:

A G13 isn't really a keyboard, it's basically a hotkey board you program your keybinds into and stick to the side of your keyboard to use instead of one.

I happen to use one too, it's pretty great but hard to go back to using keyboards once you're used to it.

Yah, the thing I'm really addicted to is the analog stick for movement. I can't stand using WASD on games anymore.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Just logged in after the update. The best new feature: Take all attachments and delete all email buttons.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Hahahaha

No new dungeons until next year. Halloween event is just the Cat God from 2012

I was disappointed when I saw their Halloween event was going to be Cat God. Seems like they would want to kick off a rebooted game with a new fun event. Maybe they add a twist to it that makes it fun for the TSW veterans. I know they can't do the same one two years in a row, but I really enjoyed the one from last year where people summoned world bosses by working together to complete a ritual. I usually just tagged along to DPS, but it was still fun.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I would say it's definitely possible. I have 5-6 of the weapon active abilities filled out, and filling in the passive just for the stat boosters. But I guess it depends on how much you are going to play. I've been actively playing a few months (with sub). I log in and do the daily's for about an hour a day then log out. I don't do any lairs, dungeons, raids or any other content that would require I actually interact with another human being. So I think it's possible with a casual style. If you are trying to power through it in a month and have high level gear at the end of the month, then I don't know; MoF might be a bit short to do that.

Edit: Leveling multiple sets of gear at the same time would still be costly. If you are asking about that.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 15, 2017

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Geburan posted:

I don’t really get the skills at all. I’m still in Kingsmouth and the quests are really engaging, but combat is just something that I need to do to get around. Running Trickster and using Chaos for crowds and Pistols for single target. Everything melts pretty quick, but there is no real emotional engagement in the combat. Maybe I’m just over MMOs.

Combat used to be more involved and required a bit more thought into the builds. But that was removed in favor of the "everything works!" newbie friendly stuff to try to keep people from rage quitting after 3 days.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Space Skeleton posted:

Making your own build in original TSW without just looking up something from a website to copy usually ended up like:

This is absolutely correct. At times I wanted to shake things up and try something new. So I would just stare the ability wheel and mix and match things for an hour and finally come up with something that was good and synergized well together. But then realized my playstyle would also have to completely change, and that was a deal breaker. So I would just revert back to my tried and true build. :suicide:

Good, good times.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 4, 2017

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Ossipago posted:

New zone tease. Also, supposedly they've hired the original writer back for the story content.

Can't wait to go their to kill 10 mobs, gather up something highlighted in yellow, kill a big dude and leave.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Hey you don't know it might be avoid 10 dudes with instant death attacks, press a button to turn off security, kill a big dude and leave.

That's true.Thanks, now I'm super pumped for desert shanty town!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

M_Sinistrari posted:

Looks like that's out by me, so the new zone's New Mexico?

with filth laced meth, black ice.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
If you enjoy TSW just move over to SWL as it has the same story, and it stands a chance of getting new content at some point (maybe soon). I had lots of moments of where I remembered how good the story actually was when I played through it again in SWL. There were plenty of quests and cut scenes that I just plain forgot (and others that I wish I could...).

Pilchenstein posted:

One of my friends gave up on the original in Savage Coast too, after the incident :v:

I had to laugh when I saw the video. I never had that happen to me in the original, but it happened to me in SWL when I was just kind of napping through a mission and thought I could mindlessly kill everything.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I'm not understanding something with the new agent system... My agent completes the mission with "outstanding results" but can still get incapacitated for 9 hours afterwards. Is agents being incapacitated 100% RNG?

EDIT: Oh, I found the answer. Little ? on the roster page answered me. Basically the more we use the same agent the higher the chance they will be incapacitated at the end of a mission. Don't use them for a period of time and they recover.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 11, 2018

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

I didn't work directly on the upcoming expansion (I've been relegated to bug duty for a while), but my understanding is that SA was basically always the next planned place, and we're continuing the story roughly as was intended.

... and just like that MMHO>Secret World II: The Legend of Amiel's Monetization becomes a bug report forum.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I do the daily challenges every day since the agent system dropped, then a few more on the weekends. I've got a total 3 agent dossiers through main missions. So that's about a 1/60 chance on average assuming it's equal and not weighted in anyway for rarity/zones.

It would have been nice if we were given 5 green Faction Recruits (with no passive bonuses) off the bat. It was only after I got my 5th agent did I start feeling like I could decide which agents went on which missions. Before that it was just throw whoever at whatever mission because they were the only one available.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I was seriously considering buying some Aurum to get some agent bags as I had a bad itch I just couldn't scratch. I'm really glad I didn't. I decided to buy 12 with some extra MoF I had instead to check out the drop rate. Ended up with 1 agent, 4 blue items, and bunch of green poo poo that got turned into 7 hex coins. Can't even sell the blue items on the market to recoup any of the cost, so they are just chilling in my inventory waiting for an agent to stuff them on. I am just going to go with my original plan which was keep whatever agents RNGebus decides to grant upon me and wait until everybody's pokemon libraries are full for the agents price to fall to <10k each.

EDIT: Also, what is up with all these different coins and money types. I thought the days of every new thing/zone getting its own coin were behind us.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 26, 2018

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I have five agents which is more than enough to keep em churning through any reasonable play session.

Query: is the second free agent (so, my fifth :v: )randomly generated? I assume so - I got the witch lady unlike the first agent who is Random Faction Schmuck.

My 2nd free one was Lydia Darling (witch). So I assume it's the same for everybody. I heard we will be getting a 3rd with the new zone. I can't remember if it's a free one or one you get in a pack of some sort.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Space Skeleton posted:

Oh and how come green agent gear gotten from agent missions doesn't sell for Hex Coins? I hope that is a bug because otherwise how are you ever supposed to save up 200 of them for a purple agent?

I assume the logic there is that insane goal is there for only a few select type of pokemon player that must have it and would be willing to grind out that much MoF or pay :10bux: for it.

... or someone who just has that much MoF in reserve they can easily convert to Aurum and buy enough bags to exchange the garbage for Hex. Why not just allow people to buy them directly in the store for Aurum or MoF? I don't know. I would rather pay $10 to know I would get something than $1 and a 10% chance, but I'm not a lootbox gambler.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 26, 2018

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

dmboogie posted:

holy poo poo is A Time to Every Purpose (roman time travel stealth mission) garbage

flavorwise the concept behind it owns but it took me like an hour just because guards kept detecting me for no apparent reason. oh, the (poo poo) crafting part of the mission glitched out my first time too, so i had to do the whole thing over again

this is less of an issue but it's also kinda hilarious how the cutscene was like THE BLACK PHARAOH IS DEAD when... that totally hasn't happened yet

Yah, it's really the worst in the game. I can imagine people on the fence just totally giving up on the game at that point.

The guard agro was never fixed from TSW, and actually got worse in SWL. Then they added the crafting bug. When I did it, I tried reloading the whole thing but the crafting was still broken. I think I eventually got the crafting to work by collecting a completely new set of crafting components, separating them out of stacks in my inventory, then placing them in the crafting window 1 at a time. I don't know if dragging them into the crafting gui in a stack breaks all the items in the stack or what, but separating them seemed to do the trick. Of course, I may have just completely lucked out as well. Who knows.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Kids these days don't know how good they have it after they patched in all the skip traveling through CotG options.

... having to swap out our gear for "travel gear" and /suicide our way around all the maps.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

dmboogie posted:

Also, I out-levelled the Egypt Hell dungeon before I got a chance to do it. How screwed am I?

Not screwed at all. You can run it in story mode with a private group or even by yourself.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Yah, I believe the only real synergy is what works with your playstyle. Do you like running up and punching things in the face, kiting things around, or something in between? Do you want to be selfish and DPS, do you want to be a hero and tank, do you want to get yelled at by everybody and heal, or do you want to do some support/cleanups/purge work and have everybody tell you to switch to DPS?

I'm pretty sure everything works pretty well now for all zones. Though I see most people running pistols and something... so pistols must be good. I do AR/EL and most everything dies well before it gets in range of me.

Dalris Othaine posted:

iirc there are no cross-weapon synergies at the moment. All is mainhand or offhand

I can't even think of that many passives that apply to multiple abilities of the same weapon type. It's pretty much slot an active and slot the passive that goes with it.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 8, 2018

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Just making sure because it seems like you get so few points and with the gear and all, but you pretty much need to focus on 2 weapons now? i feel like if i wanted to switch to another type i might as well just make a new guy

Points aren't a problem in the long term, but gear would be if you want to do more than 2 weapons and want better than purple gear. However, you may just need a 3rd weapon to completely change your class. I think there are builds that just require the primary abilities and the secondary weapon is just for special abilities. If that's the case, then it's not that bad to grind a 3rd weapon to yellow+

I believe theflyingorc said they are considering something to make switching weapons easier in the end game, but no time frame or details were provided. So who knows.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

I would like to thank the anonymous pubbie who listed that anima touched blade of energy for 500 currency by mistake.

This is why I wish Eve's "you are about to list this at way to low a price. Are you sure you wish to lose money, dumbass?" pop up was in every game with a auction house. It would also be helpful if I don't know... you could see little unimportant details on an item you are selling like how much you are asking for it. Then you could see if you made a mistake or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I think Tokyo was the only zone that was close to the first 2 levels of the Solomon islands in terms of interesting setting, stories and lore. The desert with Ankh was pretty close. Transylvania was pretty much a let down, I think the only one I enjoyed was the one with the castle and grave yard.