Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The dungeons are great, it was a bit of genius to have them all narrated. Ankh in particular would have been way less fun without Klein's voice actor chewing the scenery. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Brain In A Jar posted:

Ze Ankh, symbol of rebirth, and you will be reborn... in a fashion
You PEOPLE!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Lawlicaust posted:

New battleground named Shambala was added. I hear it's pretty fun but the queue was broken all beta. All other battlegrounds were removed.
Shambala's been in the original TSW for ages now. It's by far the best PVP map - 10v10 deathmatch with environmental hazards, where you only get 1 life and the arena keeps shrinking. They kept it because it was the only cross-faction battleground and all the others were generally dominated by a single faction, depending on server populations/time of day.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The steam version has started reorganising files (that's what the 3 gig update was - it actually requires enough space for a complete second install of the game :v:) for SWL but I presume it won't "become" SWL until the official steam launch in july.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Archonex posted:

So if I didn't claim rewards back in TSW like the preorder weapons and such are they still going to transfer?
No, you have to claim stuff first.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Has anyone managed to get the auto_login/auto_teleport scripts working for joining chat channels? Everyone is telling me they work exactly the same as they did in TSW and just to copy the folder over but when I do that it cockdrops the entire chat system and I can only access say and LFG. :v:

Edit: or maybe chat in general is just hosed right now? :shrug:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 24, 2017

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Classic Funcom tbh :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Amante posted:

Shotgun and Pistol were tempting. Chose AR.
You get all nine weapons anyway apparently.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Drinkfist posted:

Same. I don't know what sparked that rumor. It clearly states you only get the one. Given how hard its going to be to acquire special effect weapons I am thinking the raven weapon is gonna be quite popular.

Edit: Apparently under the rewards section the first of the cursed souls rewards tiers says "9 Shadow Bound weapons" "Each weapon can be claimed once per account". So I was wrong yet it does clearly state outside of that cursed souls reward tiers that you only get the one weapon.
I'm phone posting so I can't find the link but the guy running the arg stated on discord that you get all nine and it only acts like you get one to conform to the arg's story. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

PVP matches poo poo drops and are probably the fastest return per minute.
What are the pvp rewards exactly?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Fruits of the sea posted:

On a not entirely unrelated note, my gf is going to think I'm having a schizophrenic episode when she sees the notes all over my desk.
Yeah, the demonic rune <-> latin alphabet conversion table is peak serial killer's notebook. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

ImpactVector posted:

No, just fighting zombies and draug near the lighthouse in SC. I was watching for DoTs, and didn't see anything.

I could just be crazy and it's always been that slow/annoying to start sprinting after a fight though.
It varies wildly and always has. I've never been able to figure out what causes it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I did the orochi investigation mission in BM yesterday (win-win) and while it didn't have me running all around and tracking down clues out of the game, doing nothing but solving "what comes next" math problems was loving annoying. Some of them took a stupid amount of time to come up with, like taking cube roots of things.
Starting with the second console in Win-Win you can choose the "command line" option and follow the prompts to hack your way through and skip the puzzles.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Morglon posted:

So it's just my sword then? loving hell. But still chi on crit is really good.
Your sword should get a signet slot as well but they don't show up until an item is purple, as far as I'm aware.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

XP farming as in grinding or.....?
Raid groups are disabled due to an exploit, word around the campfire is that monster xp was being multiplied by the number of people in the group instead of divided.

For the guy a few posts up asking about weapon stacking: they don't, you only get stats and effects from the weapon you're holding at any given moment.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Are signets just from lairs now? I assume they're still ten man stuff but everyone gets their own loot now?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

In order to summon a given lair boss, five people must possess the summon item.
So pretty much the same as the old game then. Thanks.

Morglon posted:

I can't hit the basic vampires in the last zone for poo poo which is super odd since I rarely if ever miss anything else, even other vampires but the basic dudes three out of four hits will either glance or they evade which makes doing the last hand full of quests I have open super tedious.
They buff themselves to have super high defences, use a purge.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

What? No!

In the old game only one person needed it.
Am I thinking of the region bosses or something then? I'm sure I remember something requiring five people to summon. :confused:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Drinkfist posted:

Lairs are the source of signets so getting a five man group that can burn down 200k+ health mobs is the new life of things.
How hard do they hit?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

boho posted:

Yeah I got to Agartha and no dice. The delivery box worked for the login reward but was otherwise empty.
I assume you're talking about the red gift box at the top left but the thing everyone is talking about is completely different, type /delivereditems to open the window and there'll be a "claim tsw vanity" button at the bottom.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've not seen the costs for the museum but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just the same as the pax costs in TSW. I'm pretty sure the anima leap costs are the same despite getting way less shards than you did pax.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Exmond posted:

For Elite 1 its not necessary. There are a few skills you can interrupt (Macroshock, Painwheel overdrive) but they aren't needed.

Ive been tanking and I bring interrupts though, it makes the fight a lot easier.
After changing a bunch of elites with CC on them to instead deal bonus damage against bosses in TSW, they've gone back to the "high damage elites also interrupt bosses and cause them to go CC immune" model for this game, for some reason.

The only fight where it really matters is the Spiderbatpug at the end of Darkness War - you can guarantee the dps will stun every single filth cone, leave the boss uninterruptable during concuss and then die when he aggro wipes. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kessel posted:

Trick Shot doesn't impair unless you slot its passive, right?
I think so, yeah.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hey gently caress you, I'm next in line.

Although tanks are so common in SWL it's actually hard to find groups, hmm....
I've found the queues to be shortest when I'm tanking, though they're rarely very long for the other roles (unless the group finder has gone arse over tit).

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Bruceski posted:

I'll often throw in 10-20 bux on F2P games if I stick with them, but it's gotta be something where I can see a good return. A big pile of QoL stuff, or something particularly shiny or whatever. Looking around 2000 aurum could disappear in the blink of an eye, and patron's main bonuses are double SP/AP and 20% more marks which is nice but not an "oh wow" thing.
Patron is way more than just those two bonuses, the loot box key every day, free teleports and 8 hour mission cooldowns are all amazing too.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

M_Sinistrari posted:

Just a head's up that Flappy's ultimate attack's been fixed and no one knows where they're supposed to stand when it hits.
Flappy is kind of a crapshoot now, if you get a group with enough people who know to go kill the shade when Zuberi shouts, it's a piece of piss - if you don't, then you're going to die a lot. What's even better is, I had a group where only two of us were going up there and obviously we couldn't kill the shade in time, so when the rest of the group arrived, Zuberi gave my shield to one of them and I got killed for knowing the mechanics. :v:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 3, 2017

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

StashAugustine posted:

It just looks like 5k to me. So get a 3pip weapon first then get sprint then maybe a new weapon type? And energy is best for hammer tanks?

e: also, what's with suffix/prefix allocation? Are weapons with both rare? Should I pick up a suffix/prefix weapon to get it leveling?
They drastically reduced the cost of unlocking your first weapon (and you get the actives and passives together now instead of paying for each) so 5k is about right. Weapons don't have prefixes, so I guess you mean the extraordinary stuff with the red icon background - that comes from dungeons or lootboxes and depending on which weapon type you're using, there might be a really good bonus effect (the "extra doppelganger every time you hit 8 paradoxes" thing for chaos is great, for example) that is worth getting early but don't stress on it. The same goes for 3 pip stuff - the differences between 2 and 3 pip are fairly minor early on and certainly don't make much of a difference in Elites 1 & 2. You also get multiple opportunities to switch up to a 3rd pip or extraordinary item as you level your items because whenever you fuse two items to go up a quality level (green to blue for example) you can choose which of those items survives. For example, on the way to getting your 2 pip green to level 20, you find a 3 pip you'd rather use instead - get them both to 20 and put the 2 pip into the 3 pip during fusion and you get a 3 pip blue level 1 to keep forever. This happens again to convert two blues into a purple, two purples into a yellow and (at some distant point) two yellows into a red, so you get a few chances to swap. You can also just straight up buy an item that converts any item to a 3 pip, if you somehow managed to get up to a red without finding a 3 pip.

TracerM17 posted:

I suggest prioritizing 3pip everything. You will regret leveling anything but a 3pip item later. I wasted so many MoF's early leveling 1 pip stuff then grinding it into a 3pip item and only getting the base 100xp for it.
As I said above, you'll likely end up levelling a shitload of 1 pip trash anyway, just for fusion - it's pretty much always a better idea to save stuff you levelled for this than only getting 100 or 250 upgrade xp for it.

Amante posted:

Inventory/bank space. You'll need lots of it, especially if you intend on playing more than one role.
I'm getting by pretty well with only the marks of favour inventory upgrades (so 45 slots) for carrying around two full sets of gear plus a bunch of fusion upgrades in progress, though I do have to take semi-regular breaks for inventory tetris. :v: Haven't bought any bank upgrades.

quote:

A bit. 2-3 days worth of dailies to unlock the weapon page for another, and you might end up switching to a weapon you ALSO don't like. Suggest messing with it for a few on an alt before you take the plunge and buy the page.
This sounds like a pretty good idea but unfortunately if you're a new account you'd be paying 1k aurum for a second character slot - only TSW transfers got 3 slots (and they got all the weapons for free). :smith:

quote:

I can guarantee with confidence that this is not a problem anyone has... except the unpunished exploiters, maybe :)
I have about 4k aurum and that's after buying sprint 5 & 6 on two characters and around 40 or so lootbox keys - the exchange is very much your friend. While 3 pip gear is nice, some of it sells for crazy money on the auction house and that is nicer - yeah, I could have had 5% or 10% higher base stats on some of my gear but instead I've just got the gear to a far higher level using the distillates from caches (these are the real reason to open caches, any costumes, pets and weapons I get usually wind up on the AH). I'm not a 100% free player though, I've been paying for patron which helps immensely.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've so far gotten all of them but Lore #1 for the event. I've pretty much stage dived off every platform I can on the branches and not sure where I'm missing it.
There's one hidden on the side of one of the portal shell shaped things, on one of the branches below the Venice portal, it was pretty easy to miss.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Meallan posted:

So where do you guys think the new Tokyo lair is going to be? That closed off city top right in the map?

I hope it is.
That's what they said, yeah.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kessel posted:

It would honestly make great TV if you put it in the hands of someone more competent like Netflix but not with these clowns running the show
I don't understand why you're not expecting great things from the writer of the second Tomb Raider movie and the producer of CSI: Cyber. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

Yeah it's a perk of patron getting to withdraw items
I didn't understand why they left cabal bank access as a patron only feature when they made trading available to non-patrons at level 15 but it all makes sense now. :v:

Edit:

Hypocrisy posted:

Having to actually pick up the pouch within those 30 seconds is some serious BS.
It really is. The relief when I got that achievement was palpable.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Fruits of the sea posted:

Bag space was not an issue for me until Transylvania when I discovered that it costs 20000 currency to unslot a glyph. I have talismans and glyphs piling up while I struggle to scrounge enough currency to recover glyphs from equipment that's ready to be upgraded to purple.

Also I don't know what a signet is, but I know I can upgrade the poo poo out of one with all the distillates in my bank.
You can upgrade an item that has a glyph in it without losing the glyph. Also, when you get signet distillates from caches, just don't open the bags because the bags stack while the distillates don't.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Meallan posted:

Yes, I think that's an oversight. Official word is that aegis is gone from everything but story mentions.
They said we'll use it at some point because some of the missions and story hinge on "orochi developed new tech to fight an evolving filth", so I'm expecting a couple of missions to use special aegis ability bars.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
It's true that 3 pip normal/2 pip dungeon stuff is relatively cheap but I'd honestly just spend the marks on sprints/bag space to begin with. If you're a min-maxer then sure, go nuts but for the average player it's unlikely to ever matter what quality your gear is.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not saying it'll bankrupt you, I'm just saying you should prioritise the stuff that actually makes a difference you'll notice. :shrug:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not disputing that it's the same price as buying 1 or 2 pip gear, I'm just saying you don't need to buy any gear to begin with. Starting out you can wear two talismans and the difference between 1 and 3 pips is probably a single-digit amount of attack rating for a negligible increase in combat power. I don't think the defensive stats even change with number of pips, so your survivability will be literally identical too. Weapons are a different story since the difference between pips is fixed rather than increasing with level but even then I believe it only changes the strength of the affix effect and not the amount of weapon power.

Anyway, I don't want to start a holy war about it, I just want new players to know they're fine to just jump straight in and start playing and not give a poo poo about gear until later. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not sure what the issue is with chaos exactly but nobody wants to use breakdown. It does more damage than deconstruct and yeah, it costs more energy but the same applies to the non-tanking power abilities in hammer and shotgun and they get used loads. :confused:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Morglon posted:

Yeah but some dungeon items are complete poo poo and you don't really have to worry about replacing your cheap non dungeon one. Like belts. Oh wow more movement speed when you hit something it the back where do I sign up.
There's quite a few bosses where that would be very handy for melee dps but it's far from essential, yeah.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

The issue with Breakdown is that multi-hit powers supposedly take a crit chance penalty. Then there's the problem that its passive requires all of its hits to land.

This means that, contrary to expectations, Havoc is worthless on Chaos.
If the multiple hit/crit interaction works like I've heard then Havoc works just as well on Chaos as any other weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

I thought it was for every extra hit above one, crit chance is 20% less?
I don't remember the exact numbers I saw but the gist was that your crit chance is reduced but your crit damage is increased. Also it wasn't reduced by a flat amount, though I don't think it was as neat as "divide crit chance by number of hits".

The upshot is that you should see roughly the same benefit from crit power for single/multihit abilities.