Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Hypocrisy posted:

Having to actually pick up the pouch within those 30 seconds is some serious BS.

What is this? Cost of Magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Richard M Nixon posted:

What is this? Cost of Magic?

Yes. Cost of Magic, part 4.

Pilchenstein posted:

I didn't understand why they left cabal bank access as a patron only feature when they made trading available to non-patrons at level 15 but it all makes sense now. :v:

Edit:

It really is. The relief when I got that achievement was palpable.

Yes. It was a really tense 30 seconds. Still, as far as Unseen missions go, this is really forgiving for retrying so I can't complain too much.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Bag space was not an issue for me until Transylvania when I discovered that it costs 20000 currency to unslot a glyph. I have talismans and glyphs piling up while I struggle to scrounge enough currency to recover glyphs from equipment that's ready to be upgraded to purple.

Also I don't know what a signet is, but I know I can upgrade the poo poo out of one with all the distillates in my bank.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Fruits of the sea posted:

Bag space was not an issue for me until Transylvania when I discovered that it costs 20000 currency to unslot a glyph. I have talismans and glyphs piling up while I struggle to scrounge enough currency to recover glyphs from equipment that's ready to be upgraded to purple.

Also I don't know what a signet is, but I know I can upgrade the poo poo out of one with all the distillates in my bank.
You can upgrade an item that has a glyph in it without losing the glyph. Also, when you get signet distillates from caches, just don't open the bags because the bags stack while the distillates don't.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Yes. Cost of Magic, part 4.

Yes. It was a really tense 30 seconds. Still, as far as Unseen missions go, this is really forgiving for retrying so I can't complain too much.

Man, that was the only part I didn't rage completely at, thanks to GW2's bullshit jumping puzzle in the crab cove area. The first parts can get hosed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The issue is that I want to tank and am even willing to put in the grind to upgrade two sets of gear to a usable level but having to give up ten inventory slots or more to do it keeps me from even trying.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I just finished Transylvania and while the finale was pretty neat, the story feels unresolved. Does Tokyo develop the story more, or is that basically it?

In any case I'm down for running lairs or elites with the cabal now. At IP 146 and on the cusp of getting 2 more purple talismans so I'm hopeful I won't be outgeared for long.

Pilchenstein posted:

You can upgrade an item that has a glyph in it without losing the glyph.

Yeah, except I had a bunch of maxed glyphs ready to upgrade and needed to replace some 2 pip items with 3 pips or dungeon loot, so everything had to be switched out and UGH it was just a whole lot of :words: for a post complaining about bag space. I'm over the hump now, thankfully.

Thanks for the tip about the signet distillates though!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I just finished Transylvania and while the finale was pretty neat, the story feels unresolved. Does Tokyo develop the story more,

Oh yes. Yes.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Yeah, except I had a bunch of maxed glyphs ready to upgrade and needed to replace some 2 pip items with 3 pips or dungeon loot, so everything had to be switched out and UGH it was just a whole lot of :words: for a post complaining about bag space. I'm over the hump now, thankfully.

idk if it's been said but we've discovered if you list basically any garbage item on the AH for 150-200 it will sell almost instantly. people presumably buying up matches to level their gear.

if you can stand to drag your junk over one by one (put that 200 in your clipboard) this is potentially a wayyy better source of Marks than dailies

only downside is that the game's real levelup economy is the anima shards so you're giving up vendoring those lovely greens, which does start hurting once everything is purple or higher. but still, if you want some fancy wepon or whatever, there's your Mark income. weapon appearance customization's going into the wardrobe today, gonna need to buy up all them anima-touched weaps for sweet transmogs

crawlkill fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 16, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

crawlkill posted:

idk if it's been said but we've discovered if you list basically any garbage item on the AH for 150-200 it will sell almost instantly. people presumably buying up matches to level their gear.

if you can stand to drag your junk over one by one (put that 200 in your clipboard) this is potentially a wayyy better source of Marks than dailies

only downside is that the game's real levelup economy is the anima shards so you're giving up vendoring those lovely greens, which does start hurting once everything is purple or higher. but still, if you want some fancy wepon or whatever, there's your Mark income. weapon appearance customization's going into the wardrobe today, gonna need to buy up all them anima-touched weaps for sweet transmogs

This is how poo poo got so devalued - a race to the bottom now that we can sell unlimited poo poo. RIP SWL economy, 2017-2017.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Green one pip items aren't really supposed be valuable beyond upgrayyed fuel

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I just finished Transylvania and while the finale was pretty neat, the story feels unresolved. Does Tokyo develop the story more, or is that basically it?

There's another chunk of Transylvania that you'll get in a day or two. You get to be James Bond! :neckbeard:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Capntastic posted:

Green one pip items aren't really supposed be valuable beyond upgrayyed fuel

No you see they were worth a couple hundred more back when you could only post 10 a day which means by removing that Funcom ruined the economy!

Personally I'm find with my green 1 pips being worth 2-300 less since before the limit went away I had 67 weapon bags. Why open them if I can't sell them for actual useful currency?

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
Just a warning to anybody hopping on right now expecting to visit Tokyo, there's a bug that is affecting quite a few players in which your current storyline mission (either Whispering Tide or What Was Missed) will complete, but nothing replaces it. Funcom's planning a hotfix later today, but when exactly that's happening is unknown. It doesn't happen to everybody because I can see players with the cinematic icon in Sunken Library.

Still, weapon skins are in, as the bottom-most option in the Dressing Room. Skins not currently in this version of the game can be purchased, for either 30K Marks or 300 Aurum (1200 for golden ones), but it looks like skins didn't get the transfer from classic like costume pieces did.

Update on the bug: Visit the Agartha hub where the vendors are, and hang around for about 60 seconds. They seem to be running some process to force the phone call to happen, though they still intend to hotfix it at some point.

Off to Venice! :)

Burnt Poffin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 16, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So I just started playing this game a few weeks ago, and have been playing around with various builds before settling on my current Chaos/Pistol lady. Any advice for someone who isn't really a big MMO guy and has no real idea what he's doing beyond "gently caress you I'mma complete every quest on this drat island and you can't stop me"?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So I just started playing this game a few weeks ago, and have been playing around with various builds before settling on my current Chaos/Pistol lady. Any advice for someone who isn't really a big MMO guy and has no real idea what he's doing beyond "gently caress you I'mma complete every quest on this drat island and you can't stop me"?

Upgrade your gear all the time, using the stuff you get as quest rewards.

There's usually one passive skill to match each active skill, so keeping those in sync will be good for you.

Try to beat the enemies without taking a scratch, because they get more dangerous later on.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I have one intricate fierce and three simple fierce right now on my heal set and I just pulled a second intricate. Do I want to bust it out and equip it or should I sell that bitch?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If you do actually do every quest, which you should because that's what's actually good about this game, you'll be overleveled by 4-5 levels until the game expects you to be 50 at the end of Egypt. So there's no big rush for getting your gear up to snuff to handle things until then.

BUT, you'll want to not bind or upgrade your gear that isn't 3-pips. The first thing you should do after getting your first 10k marks from daily rewards (Shift+J) is hoof it over to the AH and buy three-pip chaos & pistol weapons with whatever enchantments sound interesting to you. As mentioned above sell all weapons that aren't chaos/pistol and buy cheap chaos/pistols to upgrade with. Item levels cap at 20. Eventually you'll be able to fuse two level 20 weapons of the same type into a higher tier one.

Do the same for talismans as you unlock their slots, if you want. That's probably less important than your weapons, though.

vv "while true" - So, it's true then. I'm saying that 3-pip gear is cheap enough that you might as well grab some with your first day's marks rather than upgrade stuff you'll throw away later. The gently caress's wrong with that?

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 16, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Counterpoint don't do that. You need four greens to get a purple. Just play the drat game and worry about getting three pip stuff later.

Jesus Christ goons y'all are starting to sound like pubbies. "2 pip anything is bad" "don't equip gear that isn't three pips" both of those while true are unnecessary to being good at the game.

Also unrelated you have to equip custom skinned weapons to get the skins.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god is it true AEGIS is not applicable in Tokyo anymore?

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

poptart_fairy posted:

Yes. It's gone.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
:circlefap:

Funcom you are wonderful on occasion.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

There's still a vendor who sells it for BB

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

There's still a vendor who sells it for BB

pretty sure that's a bug lol

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Yes, I think that's an oversight. Official word is that aegis is gone from everything but story mentions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ali Aces posted:

vv "while true" - So, it's true then. I'm saying that 3-pip gear is cheap enough that you might as well grab some with your first day's marks rather than upgrade stuff you'll throw away later. The gently caress's wrong with that?

Because you don't have to. Instead you can save those marks and get the few upgrades that are marks buyable like sprints of those extra ten inventory spaces. Weapon bags are a constant reward with only one tier that drops all types. You'll be literally swimming in weapons after an hour of play.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Meallan posted:

Yes, I think that's an oversight. Official word is that aegis is gone from everything but story mentions.
They said we'll use it at some point because some of the missions and story hinge on "orochi developed new tech to fight an evolving filth", so I'm expecting a couple of missions to use special aegis ability bars.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Len posted:

Because you don't have to. Instead you can save those marks and get the few upgrades that are marks buyable like sprints of those extra ten inventory spaces. Weapon bags are a constant reward with only one tier that drops all types. You'll be literally swimming in weapons after an hour of play.

Also don't send them out to just buy a three pip whatever because a three pip warding is going to be just as trash as whatever random 1 pip green they started leveling. If you're first tip of advice is go buy a three pip at least make it a good one like energy, havoc, the elite recharging one.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

In other news the famed Orochi stealth hoverboard does not work on Kaidan mobs :D I find it funny beacause it is Orochi fuckup or Funcom fuckup or both.
I'm not even upset because without aegis Kaidan feels like heaven, I think they lowered mob density too.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 16, 2017

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Len posted:

Yes. Which you can then sell. And buy ones you won't throw away later. No, you don't have to right away, but there's no point in putting it off.

But no, it's my bad. I sincerely apologize for offering worthwhile advice to someone just starting who explicitly asked for it. I promise never to do so again. I'd hate to have you pitch another loving fit over it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ali Aces posted:

No, you don't have to right away, but there's no point in putting it off.

Sprint upgrades are why you put it off.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Funcom posted a little cartoon about Tokyo disaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GN_SDS-J1Y

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Len posted:

Sprint upgrades are why you put it off.

I, um... yeah, this is why I put it off. Ahem. Sorry?

My accessories are 3-pip, though not the super-rare awesome superior variety with extra bonuses; honestly I figure I'll work up to that poo poo over time, but grinding for auction house gear makes me sad inside; however, I can now run like a motherfucker and that is wonderful. I like to run, it gets me to the interesting poo poo faster.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

Also don't send them out to just buy a three pip whatever because a three pip warding is going to be just as trash as whatever random 1 pip green they started leveling. If you're first tip of advice is go buy a three pip at least make it a good one like energy, havoc, the elite recharging one.

Destruction is better than Havoc overall.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Destruction is better than Havoc overall.

I believe it. I don't actually know what's good effect wise I just know "stop what you're doing to buy a 3-pip that sounds cool" is terrible advice because there's just plain bad weapon types. And by trying to save the guy from wasting time :psyduck: you'll just end up making him waste even more rushing a poo poo 3 pip to max level.

Don't be like me with my 3 pip purple hammer of warding.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
AEGIS is gone indeed, even the line when you first enter Tokyo about the Filth evolving, and having to wait for your companion to remove the AEGIS shield so you can kill the zombie doesn't show up, since there's no reason for it. However, a casualty of no AEGIS means Kurt the tank driver is gone too. I liked that crazy guy. :(

My first purple weapon was a 3-pip Assault Rifle with Warding. For some reason I figured having a "large" amount of Protection on my weapon would help me survive, completely forgetting that the weapon stat-passives would take care of that in the early game. :doh:

Burnt Poffin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 16, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I didn't even notice they cut him entirely. Good job launching with less content

AndyB says Kurt will be back.

Len fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 16, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Eh. They can always recycle his animations & character assets with a re-voice for some future content quest giver.

Calling the removal of aegis less content is like having a cancer removed and complaining about less body weight post-op.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

Eh. They can always recycle his animations & character assets with a re-voice for some future content quest giver.

Calling the removal of aegis less content is like having a cancer removed and complaining about less body weight post-op.

No reason they couldn't have just made his missions standard wave defense missions. Because they both were that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
I could see having AEGIS added for the Outer Wall area in the south part of the map. Such as you try to head through a break in the wall, get a scripted bit where you're knocked around by some shielded Filth critters, and an Orachi trooper shows up telling you to visit him in Ginpachi Park. Use the current Orachi vendor there as that guy, and when you click on him he gives you the AEGIS controllers (picture of them pops up for the player's sake), the main story says you can now fight the shielded Filth monsters, a Council video talking about the different shield types plays, and you go from there.

Maybe those Filth critters do extra "filth" damage to you until you finish the mission that used to give you the AEGIS shield, just to make that still relevant. Kurt would return but you can't do his mission until the player hits this particular tier on the main story.