Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just got an invite too but I'll still download the client so I don't have to later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

In as Busta, hook me up with a cabal invite!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Im running as full blood DPS and I'm about halfway through blue mountains. Am I gimping myself for later? Haven't had a lick of trouble surviving or killing anything yet.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've barely played since I heard about the patron changes in the patch. I have a lifetime sub for better or worse, but the thought of double AP/SP on all the missions I will probably only ever do once is pretty enticing.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just reached blue mountain and my points are sort of all over the place. I was thinking about starting a new dude now that I have double point gains with my lifetime sub and focusing on the shotgun?since those early points come so fast.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

At work so i can't check but does weapon energy continue to regenerate while you are channeling an ability for that weapon?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oh cool. If you haven't already done the ARP game then they'll be sending out one more batch of codes next week for latecomers. Game site will be going down at some point soon, so jump on it if you haven't already.

Oh dang, I just did the ARG so I guess I have to wait 'til next week. At least I got it done before it went away.

ed: Also, please invite 'Luxury' to the cabal, ty.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Don't trust the bee in apt 23.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a way to move marks/anima between characters on the same account?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

That defend the tree quest can suck if you aggro all the dudes onto yourself. Stand way back and let the NPCs pick them up then try and take them out one at a time if it's giving you trouble.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Huh. Maybe it's a just a chaos thing because the more enemies I fight at the same time the more I heal and the more everything explodes faster.

Yeah I'm the same with my pistol/blood DPS build. Doesn't matter what or how much I fight. I always end any fight at or near full health.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The combat is certainly average but can be satisfying in its own right. But if you are interested at all in secret societies, urban legends, and the supernatural then this game just oozes that atmosphere and there is nothing else out there like it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

They start dropping around that level. I have several hundred of the agartha caches at level 50, and around 40ish of the new ones. Vendor them for anima or AH your excess caches unless you wanna whale it up. The game shits them at you. There's even a vendor in the agartha hub that straight up sells them.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Biggest whale I've seen so far had 550 IP. That's a lot of money.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Len posted:

Can confirm that in 2017 scenarios still suck.

I never did them even once in TSW, and haven't tried yet in SWL so I am clueless as to what they involve.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Everything in the game requires running from here to there, even if you have free patron teleport. If you don't upgrade Sprint as a priority you straight up don't value your time and everything you do in the game to advance your character will take that much longer. There's still plenty of opportunity to stop and smell the roses.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Did I have a fever dream or did they add a cosmetic option in the wardrobe for weapons?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So many great characters, a shame I got tired of mashing items together shortly after starting Tokyo. Hopefully they can keep delivering content and QoL stuff.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Len posted:

Hahahaha

No new dungeons until next year. Halloween event is just the Cat God from 2012

Funcom!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

The bigger deal with weapon unlocking is that once you're deep into purple weapons, the amount of time/energy to switch to a new weapon you haven't been leveling up is...substantial.

We've got a few ideas for making you more able to fluidly shift power around that hopefully get done not too long after South Africa's release.

This is a huge deal for me and kinda why I stopped playing, so I hope you guys can come up with something. I really like the anima allocation system, so I'm hopeful. Thanks for coming in and chatting to us about stuff even though you don't have to.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hypocrisy posted:

...one of the world's most infamous terrorists...

Freedom isn't free.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm fine with that since the whole agent system is such a minor part of the game and you could completely ignore it if you really wanted and miss out on very little.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a website or a mod that will help me 100% every zone's quests and lore etc?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is alacrity always active if it's on your secondary?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My favourite quest hub in this game is hands down Innsmouth Academy. HJ is just the best.

On the Savage Coast when Beaumont says in reference to Excalibur, "to think this was out there all along while I wasted my time chasing a loving hammer". What hammer is he referring to, Mjolnir?

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 11, 2018

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there anything in game to point to this? Mjolnir is the only mythical hammer I know of, which was why I guessed it. Does it have something to do with the Vikings that helped out the Wabanaki?

I haven't played through in a few years so I may have just missed the obvious somewhere.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Len posted:

Beaumont may or may not be Loki

That's a fuckin' hot take, I love it. I need to dig into my golden little lore honeycombs some more.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

Those are the words of someone who hasn't had The Nassir Experience.

I mean, yeah Nassir is *great*, but HJ, the Scotswoman and Carter riff really well. The writing is just tops.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I managed to hit 50 with two purple weapons and the rest of my gear blue before I finished the first Egypt zone, so if you can tough it out that far you can just breeze through the rest of the story.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Some people interviewed the new lead on video about the game moving forward but I don't want to trawl through the video for info. Is there a write-up anywhere?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks!

I'm climbing the Orochi tower for the first time, and I'm doing it all in one sitting because I hate myself. I just finished the Sycoil floors and only just realised that the floor layout has the same shape as the Orochi 'O' logo, which is nice.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The new update didn’t really feel very ‘secret world’ to me so I kinda fizzled out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

I use a Double-barrelled shotgun secondary with the Odds & Evens passive so it's always on "even" and the 5-energy single-target active. It's an absolute monster.

I have this same setup as well (with hammer mainhand) and it works really well.