Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wait do are they seriously relaunching without an open beta because that's the worst idea

Of course it's Funcom so why wouldn't they grab the worst Idea possible by the tits and run with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I bet having to be a gm dealing with the gross nerd sexting in whatever that hotel is is just the worst

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kessel posted:

I'm not sure I would want to redo the parking garage mission using only their new and revamped and cool reticle targeting camera

Or at all, ever, for any reason.

That asylum one was cool though.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ugh I'm going to end up playing this, how large is the client download clocking in at?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Richard M Nixon posted:

You can do a minimal install and download new zones as needed if you're in a shithole with bandwidth caps or something.

I have "unlimited" internet and I try not to push too far because I know there's some bullshit about "unlimited" actually being like 100gb

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My character wore the rocketeer or unicorn mask basically forever

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I know it was previously an MMO so it shouldn't be an issue but like... a stress test? Might be a good idea?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah I love an ARG but I'm not excited enough about this to deal with Funcom's bullshit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Man I forgot how bad the patcher for this shitpile is. Speed jumping around wildly, download time estimate is now --:--:--

Oh well, did the arg and got my shadow chaos focus, I guess. Or I will get it, maybe, sometime?

e: Checked on reddit and you can pretty much just copy over your old RDB folder from TSW if you still have it installed, knocked my download down to like 3gb.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 26, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

crawlkill posted:

just saw a Facebook comment from someone asking how big the installer was, she'd already downloaded 128 gig and was anxious to get going

game's only 60 gig

seem to be a few snafulings in the system, but such is launch

LOL that's not even a launch bug that's been in since forever

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm still not crazy about recticle mode but I'm using chain lighting as a builder at the mo so that's not too big a deal. I do like some of the mini-instance things they've done as quality of life improvements, and it seems like they've thinned out the mobs a bit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Richard M Nixon posted:

Exchange won't be up until tomorrow morning. Bummer.

Look how optimistic, I was once like you

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Dungeon weapons are apparently different and weapon skins aren't in yet for reasons unknown

(The reason is skins will probably be a cash shop item)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's where you go to have RP sex. It's bad.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah I've been playing chaos and there's no part of its gimmick that really seems to hurt you, it just won't be as optimal if you aren't paying attention. It's nice as I have to keep an eye on the stupid elemental meter.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I built this very desktop to play TSW originally, which makes me think it's probably time to build a new computer.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I see Hell and Bach still sucks

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My god Shambala is the most pointless PVP I've ever seen. Fusang was better.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah I was doing the League of Monster Hunters quest and the Filthy Pool has an ex-cop filth infected asking you to tell her she's pretty. The Filth are the worst, worse than the clicky ghosts, just the worst.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Patron is OK now they've got paypal but gently caress having to login for cache keys

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's easy to grind out anima shards in Shambala - it's not PVP, it's just a bunch of people spamming abilities while things happen. Takes like two minutes for ~500? shards. Win or lose.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

M_Sinistrari posted:

Okay, I've given Shambala a few runs and actually enjoyed it. What are the PvP points good for in this game?

What's to enjoy? It's two minutes of spamming whatever ability and then you get a present. It's like being two.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
IDK It works out as like Mjolnir Mjolnir whoops I got winded off of a cliff, hey presto stuff. It's not bad but it's hardly the game-breaking future of tomorrow.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Burnt Poffin posted:

It could be set up like while the mission is on cooldown, the ghost is gone and you can enter through the front door, then when it's up again it goes back to normal.

That's not how ghosts work

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

kayakyakr posted:

Don't play the PVP in this game to win, ever.

Reportedly the rewards for losing are worthwhile.

It's the same if you win or lose and takes two minutes for like ~500 anima shards and a lootbag or two. It's not worth caring about but it is worth doing if you've not got anything else on.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well that sure was a 40 man boss.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Look at you,. believing in Funcom's ability to do things on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

quote:

Grand Prize: Portrait made of your agent, one (1) Epic Cache Key and five (5) cache keys (cash value of $27.50). One of our very talented artists in-house will draw your agent and add it along with the text.

3 Runner Ups: Your agent will be added to the game with the text you’ve created plus five (5) cache keys (cash value of $7.50). It won’t have a custom portrait, but the custom text will be added.

Participation: Those who participate will receive the winning agents as well as the brand new Nicole & Andy Agent. :wink:

It's just kind of sad