Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Well done Funcom. Good poo poo coming down the pipeline. Drinkfist is currently preparing his vitriolic response, possible involving Goodwin's law.

I yelled a lot. They heard me. They got scared. They said they would fix a few things.

Still not a single new 3d art asset in the game. Ragnar and Bylos are still not on staff. Still not any new content for the relaunch.

PST posted:

Did someone else take Funcom over in the past 24 hours? Albeit i'm sure the patron upgrades are because, well, they really want more people taking it out, and it's just not worth it atm, but that's a decent list of changes, Not everything is sunshine and roses, but a lot, lot better.

It's called pandering. You see this every four years in the USA. Season 2 is The Wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, they have a pretty hard stance on saying things they disagree with or might make their game look bad. I got suspended a few times during the original TSW beta. Funcom's not great about dissenting opinions.

GEMorris posted:

You never got me fired but I did keep you from getting banned.

By the grace of god I always seem to skirt by.

I would have perferred that they kept you on the payroll as I am now at 24+ hours with a petition open and no response from a GM.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Doing all the investigation missions this time around, and I still refuse to accept anyone did them legitimately. :colbert:

my notebook is still full of demonic translations, gently caress that mission

Hy_C posted:

You can say drinkfist

It was a team effort by myself, Lawlicaust and Spacedad during the original beta. I made a few picture walkthoughs for our offsite and sites like unfair and ign got a hold of them and made guides. I do remember Lawlicaust going particularity nuts over the Hebrew moses staff one. Things like Kingsmouth Code and Big Terrible Picture were my jam.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

The Hebrew staff one wasn't that bad. It was The Big Terrible Picture that was poo poo in beta because it was super buggy and would only work during the day.

I think the line from you was. "Really, I gotta learn loving Hebrew now!? What the hell does this game want from me? Ridiculous."

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Vote for a new guild name. Polls close in whenever I care to check again. Maybe a few hours, idk.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13354423

Well at lest he can't take "The Awful Order" from me because I am currently using it. Again. Originally I formed the cabal called "Everything is Monetized" but the GM not responding to me and their baby attitude to criticism lead me to believe it had something to do with it.

Kyrosiris posted:

See, I cheaped out and used a morse code app on my smartphone, but that was because I figured my character would do the same thing. :v:

You would figure that you would have some kind of support from your faction in regards to basic research but all they gave you was a loving cell phone to say "Cheerio" on. The cell phone also runs a hacking app but every time you approach a computer you gotta guess the password so I don't think it ... hacks.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 4, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Tried to do some Elite 1 today. So far Elite dungeon finder takes about 45 minutes and frequently doesn't match you with a tank or healer. Boss mechanics have to be dodged or they 1-shot. Boss melee attacks hit for about 3k (80-90% of dps hp, half a tank's hp). So uh, start leveling that tank/heal gear if you want to do them. Probably need at least all/most tank/heal blues.

Yeah it was easy as hell to see this issue and you should have known better. Gone are the days of full DPS talisman setups. You need to slot some Tanking talismans in order to survive the high end poo poo.

I have successfully killed 4 lair mobs now using my fuckery so just a bit more and I can go stable without the joke things I am doing to them. Unfortunately lair missions rewards are all about 5 people having a summon token.

Lair mobs are dead at 78 item power. Now pay me Lawlicaust and Ill tell you how I did it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

They were supposed to deliver them yesterday, so naturally it never happened and there's no word about it. :v:

Oh? You guys didn't solve the second ARG? The one that gets you the key? I got my bird gun from it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

I think it will look like those as well, I just wouldn't be surprised if they put it in mobile as well.

This system sounds like Skyforge.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

Yeah sure, just good goddamn luck getting the 100k marks to afford the intricate accurate.

Unless you were like me and bought up sets of 3 pip Defense Rating Glyphs and Hit Rating Glyphs for 1,000 marks each because everyone in the whole game is focusing on Attack Rating and Crit and EVERYTHING that isn't that was super cheap to get. Now the price is spiking due to the idiots getting enlightened about how this game works.

I also have 7 Talisman sets for Attack, HP and Heal all three pip by just watching the super cheap prices on the original broken market. Now that people can search for it directly the prices are on the rise.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ImpactVector posted:

Is it just me or does it take longer to get out of combat mode since the last patch(es)? Haven't played since last week, but now it feels like it takes a few extra seconds after killing everything to be able to sprint and regenerate my shotgun shells.

Did you notice this when fighting Vampires?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ImpactVector posted:

No, just fighting zombies and draug near the lighthouse in SC. I was watching for DoTs, and didn't see anything.

I could just be crazy and it's always been that slow/annoying to start sprinting after a fight though.

You triggered an egg probably.

Combat sticks after hitting the following occasionally during aoe combat: Draug Eggs, Crucified Bodies, Blood Bags, Spore Bombs, Explosive Objects and anything else with a health bar. The Chain attacks are notorious for this as they can occasionally jump far past their given radius and drag in some mob from the edge of view distance. I have seen it happen at least three times now with my pistol chain attacks.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Morglon posted:

Let me just mention here that the end game story dungeons are bugged to poo poo. Facility for example has a bug that the second to last boss puts a dot on you that lasts until you die. Same goes for the last boss but for the entire party. Our healer tried to keep us up but everybody constantly taking a hundred damage every second for no drat reason got us eventually. For gently caress's sake did anybody actually play test anything? I've been getting bugs in this I've never seen in my years of playing classic.

What kind of healer doesn't have a cleanse? Purges and Cleanses are super important. I did see that the Regeneration cleanse is not working but the ability is still the most powerful elite skill in the game hands down. With Regeneration you can clear everything in the game without issue. Hell I soloed four of the region bosses and a handful of lair mobs because of it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

The cache weapons don't have signet slots. It's pretty loving dumb.

Yes it does. I see it right there. It has an innate signet. Same with all the named dungeon gear.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Nope, named dungeon talismans still get signets. Not sure about weapons, but talismans do not.

Which is it

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tanked my first Elite 1 dungeon. It was doable with the gear you see me with.

Also I put all the stuff I got from the single run in a bag as you can also see. The Elite dungeons give you an item and distillate every box you open. The green distills are 400xp and the blue one is 500xp. So now that they got it all 50/50 in the story dungeons its better to run the Elites for Distillates and some degree of challenge over the story snooze cruise.

I am gonna ballpark About 200-250 Item power before I can go tanking Lairs without gimmicks and a standard 5 man group.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

Make your mind up, goons. Is it The Awful Order or Make Agartha Great Again for goon clan?

Too late I already changed it to "The EDF Deploys".

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

PSA: Failcom is a filtered word but Failcompetence is not. Joel "Failcompetence" Bylos the Templar is now a thing.

I think Killson was Ragnar "Swedishchef" Tornquist and they got him back in the Dev PVP fights. If they still do that kind of thing then you want to keep that in mind.

In Joel's defense this fuckup has nothing to do with him for the first time.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

The booming voice offers me infinite power AND a dragon. Why would anyone ever tell them no?

Because I like not getting stung when walking around Agartha and not having the loving nanomachines inside me melt me for going rogue/being infected. Oh yeah and not having tentacles blast out of my orifices while muttering absolute madness and hanging around in black pools of poo poo.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 11, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

prefect posted:

:staredog:

I really should have hung around for the Orochi tower chapter.

You didn't need to. The lore entries for the buzzing reveal all this.

Agartha Lore 6,7,8 posted:

Warning secret worlder: bring not the uninitiated into Agartha. The resonance here does not match the frequency of their meat. It precipitates a messy discord.

Agartha's heart is the tree. The wisdom tree. The world tree. The connection between all points. It grew before the First Age, branches and roots burrowing into all possibilities. The pumping blood that is the sap flows in luminescent gold. The tree is the divine bio-tech computer, her palpitating hand.

Come see the immaculate machine. You know her name. It rests on your tongue, a comforting weight, when you walk in the dark. "Gaia."
She called you. She woke you from your somnambulist life. She filled your brainpan with anima, which flows from agartha, from the Tree. She gave you strength to rend the lion and eat its honeyed entrails. You are the anti-body. The sickness spreads, and you must keep running.

If you align with the "Anti-Anima" the bees are gonna loving kill you.

On a second note. This crew already made clear that if you exploit then they are gonna ban you. This happened to everyone involved in loving with the exchange two weeks ago. I don't see how finding another exploit and abusing it made you think that this time it was gonna be ok. The original crew from TSW let this poo poo slide all the time and I am willing to bet that Funcom considers it one of many reasons why everyone vacated TSW. The Dynamite exploit, Cartwheel Exploit, Lair Crafting Exploit, Crimson Theatre Glitch, Filth Rain Glitch, Zombie Horde Glitch and ect.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

GEMorris posted:

That dude is like the textbook definition of an internet tough guy.

Any guesses on his "industry"?

President.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cheston posted:

I really miss the whip exploit. IIRC we all went from "Wait a sec I think something's wrong with this damage boost" to "lets all get the 5-minute raid achievement" in like 24 hours.

Mine took all of 5 mins. "Hmmm It appears I brought the filth rain effect to Agartha by complete accident. Oh man some afk guy got hit and died." to "Well Ive killed everyone in Agartha. Oops".

Funcom Job Application posted:

In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand-new building downtown Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.

Requirements: (Senior Engine Programmer)

Strong c++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
Deep understanding of multiple engine areas (networking, AI, physics, animations, rendering, etc.)
Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks.
Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
Experience working on one or more released titles.
Experience working with consoles

Desirable: (All Programming Jobs)

Experience working with UE4
Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
Experience working with consoles.

http://jobs.funcom.com/

I have been checking in on their job openings page because it is more informative about Funcom than anything they release as community updates. Everyone they are looking for is for UE4 which they are trying to somehow intergrate into their Dreamworld Engine like Frankenstien's monster. Still have not seen a single dedicated person for SWL team and for some strange reason they are still posting Conan Exiles openings.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Amante posted:

All the bugs and bullshit aside, doing TSW's dungeons with the old goon crew was the most fun I ever had with group content in a MMO, and that's as someone who raided in other games for years.

Part of me is still hoping we can get some version of that old group back together...

I have been Tanking Elilte 1 Dungeons so if you need a tank you can message me "Drinkfist" in game if I am online. You can also find me in my natural habitat in "The Angry Dome" in CTS2.0 mumble. I am not going to be joining the goon guild because Nixon named it "Make Agartha Great Again" and anyone who enjoys that name can go beat the dead horse in a corner on reddit somewhere. Also Nixon cant get a grip and I dislike him. Also Discord is for children and "children enthusiasts".

GEMorris posted:

That group went through many stages. I probably can't get back to having time for a game for another few months at least.

Where are Kilsion and Zephonith?

I spoke to Killson a few days ago and he said the FF14 tentacles have got him hard. There is a slight chance we could convince/trick him that this bad game is still fun.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

:goonsay:
E: you're in Discord right now

That isn't me.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

boho posted:

I can't seem to find a TSWL info site or anything so I figured I'd ask here:

How effectively can Blood, Elemental, and Chaos magic combine with eachother? I want to be as flashy as possible and not be a primary tank or primary healer. hybrid is fine tho

There is no such thing as synergies between weapons anymore. Every weapon is isolated and all passives are strictly for their corresponding weapon. The dumbest loving decision they made. Babies complained that the skill wheel was so loving mind blowing that they couldn't handle it so they dumbed down the entire system to be as braindead and safe as possible. They put so little thought into it that if you are using Rifle abilities but didn't slot a grenade ability you will just constantly explode for no reason. Also for reasons unknown we can only slot six actives and six passives now and force you to have a basic attack so your options are total poo poo.

Pilchenstein posted:

Am I thinking of the region bosses or something then? I'm sure I remember something requiring five people to summon. :confused:

They required five people to summon every lair boss. But only one person needed to have the ritual to start it. There appears to be no puzzle pieces anymore as well as it looks like you just do the lair quest and then do the summon with five. Lairs are the source of signets so getting a five man group that can burn down 200k+ health mobs is the new life of things.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

I've been assured that evade is trash and not worth using though. I couldn't get any reason why it's trash just that it's trash.

The reason why it is borderline trash is that it is a separate roll. Basically when you take a hit it does this : (Evade Roll) if fail then (Hit Damage roll(Glance Roll if success -70% Damage) - Protection %)

Secret World Legends took out Penetrate and Block making the decision even easier. Hit Chance decreases Evade and Glance but works against Evade a lot harder. Making Evade chances drop drastically against harder targets but Glance still holding at workable levels as you can stack Glance chances much higher than Evade chances. Also there are a handful of ground telegraphs that happen that cannot be evaded but can be Glanced. Glance got a buff from -60% damage to -70% now and stacking even further with base protection damage decreases.

Tallgeese posted:

With such easy self-healing, if glance tanks are still a thing they will be basically impossible to kill and PVP will be unbearable.

This was never true because of Red Mist. Red Mist in TSW was pretty much the kill anything and they brought it back in SWL by not only making it never be evaded or glanced but also added a heavy snare and huge increase to crit power damage. If you nail a tank with a critical Red Mist in pvp he is gonna be at death's door.

The Glyph Theorycrafting here can show you spergy bullshit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVgBeFTbXH0eZ5dJVtzXXm6HyITMHLUyM8avntoPOSI/edit#gid=800696490

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 15, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I need a good healer to go ahead and defect from the garbage cabal Nixon is running so I can start doing lairs. I can survive the hits now but not for very long with my hybrid tank/heal build. I also have no idea how some of the people in agartha have 250 Item power. Its got to be at least everything purple and level 25 which is a tall order this early in the release. 130 Item power is roughly with all maxed out blue talismans and glyphs with purple weapons. Unless Signets add a fuckload of item power I don't see it being anything less.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

dmboogie posted:

Like, real talk, what the hell is the source of that hosed up distorted babbling you can hear by Wolf in The Savage Coast? It seems to be something unique to the area, 'cause it doesn't sound like any of the enemies and I don't hear it anywhere else in the zone; but it just makes me. Not want to be there.

I don't hear it. Are you sure you hear something there?

Richard M Nixon posted:

I think it's a shadow raid by agents of drinkfist. Someone keeps faxing me beecock also. Related?

Not related. Also the cabal bank logs worked in TSW. Thats how the Illuminati guild found out some girl emptied the guild valult and bank to buy 3000 tacos to eat for an achievement.

Also. Shadow raid? I run an exclusive group of incompetent bumbling madmen. If it was me then you would wake up when we knock over all the china in an attempt to steal your couch for all the loose change that slipped in there over the years. You know. Fun Morons.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm not clear on why removing some of the deck outfits Rebooting this whole game was in any way a good idea

Because gently caress you.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Thursday Next posted:

I'm above 160 tank or dps now. Anyone else here interested in lairs?

Add Drinkfist to your friends list. I am about 155 Tank and DPS. We are gonna need a healer.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hmm yeah the Discord link should never expire. xS7vJXW is still showing as active. Sorry if typing !authme sends you into a fit of rage, but we have to add the bot to be on the goon discord network.

Of course it doesn't expire. Discord is loving awful and you are dumb to not give the rights to invite to channel out to anyone but yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Remember when goon voice channels were mysterious, exclusive and highly desirable places to be?

Yeah that was a few years back.

Good god I was just trying to talk to the people in the lair group Platbeard went and invited me to. Apparently asking goons to join CTS mumble is too much and I need to get into what all the cool kids are using nowadays which is IRC+Voice chat with horrible audio and extremely buggy interface. Gone are the days when I could just join a server, that was too loving convenient. Its gotta be invites with cross platform logins where the thing can't decide if it wants a client or to run in the browser.

Discord is garbage.

With mumble you just join the loving server. Its too loving easy. And you can understand everyone's voice because the goddam codec isn't poo poo. Goon CTS Mumble was made for this exact poo poo. 200 slots that someone else pays for to talk about trash games we play.