Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Your best bet for playing multiplayer with well-adjusted people is playing with goons, that's how dire things are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In Training posted:

I've been in Europe for over ten days and found out on day 1 that the 3DS charger doesn't work with converter plugs because of voltage crap and my life has been a gameless living hell ever since. Tomorrow morning, I return to the land of the free, thankfully
I feel you, those 10 days must have been hell.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Andrast posted:

We don't use electricity in Europe
This. It's why I haven't bought a 3DS.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

an actual dog posted:

Happy Fathers Day to all forum moderators
Thank you

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Happy Father's Day!

http://i.imgur.com/Ym4igtv.mp4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yakuza 0 is cool but all those mini games are kicking my rear end.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I really like Yakuza's side-missions because their tone reminds me of Deadly Premonition's similar silliness, they're great.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CJacobs posted:

Joker is the only good thing about mass effect 3 so please enjoy him.
It's actually Javik. Take him and Liara everywhere = win.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I never got whatever DLC this Javik character was in, so I choose to believe he was not good or important at all
He's cool because they use his outsider perspective to point out every stupid thing in the game that everybody else lets slide including "so hey, why is the ship AI a sexbot now?". He's also pretty brutal in correcting Liara's idyllic illusions about Protheans over and over again which is why I mentioned taking them both as companions, they have a lot of hilarious dialogue together.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In Training posted:

Swat 4 is cool as hell.
Have you reached the level with the serial killer in his mom's basement?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

precision posted:

well i ended up getting Outlast since i know my wife was also wanting to play it, and i just got back from the weed store, so i guess i'm gonna go get baked and scared by dicks now
You should have gone with Metro games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Well, I was waiting for somebody to pick up Ouya's torch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't say Sony's was the worst but it was pretty boring in a here's yet another fancy looking AAA game again way.
At least we got a look at SotC remake.
So what were those games? Spiderman and SotC? Anything else interesting?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Did they reveal anything about the HZD dlc?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hyped!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

DLC Inc posted:

I think they addressed that later on and said "the game won't be full of those" but I'm guessing whatever qtes they had, they'll probably be trying to get rid of now lol.
*remembers the Ryse dev saying that the game isn't on rails because you can in fact turn left and right*

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

haveblue posted:

I did enjoy the gradual dawning holy poo poo they're ACTUALLY DOING THIS FOR REALSIES feeling from the BG&E2 trailer (even if the chances the game is finished and comes out and is good remain low).
Why? They still haven't shown any gameplay, previous trailers for the sequel showed more than this one. One of the most fishy things that can happen to a game stuck in development hell is a CG trailer.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This trend of gamedevdudes working through their fatherhood issues and midlife crises is getting somewhat tiring, are we going to get a bunch of oldmangames a few years down the road
We can only hope.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jay Rust posted:

These are all good games that came out very recently, I guess we can stop making momgames
Ok then how about Horizon Zero Dawn.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

GUI posted:

I'm playing through The Wolf Among Us and at the beginning of Episode 3 Holly is pissed that Bigby threw her sisters' corpse down the witching well despite me choosing the opposite option. Is this a thing that happens no matter what or is it the game glitching up due to Telltale's usual incompetence? If so I'm amazed since I started it as soon as I finished the second episode.
You might as well cut your losses and stop playing at this point because it's all downhill from EP3 until the game jumps off a cliff and explodes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Andrast posted:

I wasn't aware that all japanese games are racing games.
Turn in your gamercard, this is like basic knowledge.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

oddium posted:

what are you suppose to recommend to sports gamers that they don't already know. like rocket league
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I made Summer Sales 2017 thread. I dropped Steam from the title so that people can discuss deals for any digital platform in that thread and talk about games based on current deals.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I just got shot with a pistol over a rare copy of a video game...in Yakuza 0.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Something something the abyss gazes into you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Star Citizen must be considered a pretty revolutionary game development model among the industry CEOs because: a) you don't have to develop a game...that's it. It's genius really.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

psychoJ posted:

when i die, fill my grave with piles of these, instead of dirt

i want to lie in a flamin' hot cheesy donut hole for the rest of time

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I heard Konami secretly poisons the water supplies of their ex-employees. They do it very lightly though so that deaths happen after a few years strategically planned around Metal Gear releases.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Nah, nobody cares about Minecraft here.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

This might sound insane, but I really enjoyed that thread (despite some of the badposting) and I am willing to allow another attempt at having it. It would have to be locked down in terms of rules, but I am hoping things have changed here enough in the years that we could give it a better try without devolving into petty fights.
And I wouldn't like to see it, it's a horrific idea. Goons in games are not able to handle this poo poo in any civil manner. They can't even handle similarly inflammatory topics in this thread without going into screaming matches and making the thread complete poo poo because it's never about the subject matter and always about their self-esteem.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

Yeah, you're right. I know you are, I just wished we could try to get beyond that. :(
Don't get me wrong, your idea comes from the right place and your positive attitude and unwithering belief in people is very valuable in this place. While I'm no pesimist myself I sometimes have to call things for what they are and we've both seen too much evidence of how unintrospective and misguided some people can be for that thread to work.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Holy lol the sidequest in Yakuza 0 where Kiryu teaches a dominatrix how to be abusive to her clients in a park and then 3 little kids come up to ask what's up and he uses the situation as learning opportunity :wtc:.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CJacobs posted:

There are only 2 unskippable cutscenes in Max Payne 3

edit: But then again, who knows if that was their reason for declining it given that the reason I was told was "..."!
Maybe not enough glitches/weird exploits used?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Motto posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with a phone game, god help me
I'm still playing MtG: Puzzle Quest, good god.

Also Ace Attorney games but there's no shame in that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cool, so people writing Keyanu Keys from Keysville in appropriate boxes is security now. How will G2A be verifying any of this exactly?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Panzer Elite Action is a great arcade tank game.

Serious answer though: Scorched Earth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379980/Panzermadels_Tank_Dating_Simulator/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG18hZYEBj0

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The whole point of a tank is that it's a team effort. Mechs are usually all about an individual. So while superficially a mech may look like a walking tank - it's a different concept.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Voltron not a mech?! What about the Megazord
They're obviously walking tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?