Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never got a chance to respond and this is obviously a completely unimportant thing, but in regards to the Charlie's Angels game, it only loops if you don't have a memory card iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jack is p cool and I respect that he had the tenacity to do that for a whole hour

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Oh hey there was just a La-Mulana 2 update an hour ago

oh, Mjölnir's in. That's it. :effort:

As in the weapon or is that the name of something else in the game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's la-mulana 2 about anyway, is it just an entirely separate series of ruins or what

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

and the areas are based on Norse mythology.

Wait, just Norse mythology? That seems like it'd be a bit limiting given La-Mulana's grander scope

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I don't remember Shadow Hearts looking like that

but really what game is that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god that's a Petz game

I didn't know Petz games were anything more than virtual animal games

There's a loving wiki page and everything on that guy

http://petz.wikia.com/wiki/Ivlet

I didn't know this was somehow related to The Dog Island which is also a really weird game that exists for some reason and just

Wow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey I dunno if this is kosher or not, hopefully it's okay but my fiancee is streaming a game and I thought maybe some people might wanna come chill and stuff, dunno.

https://smashcast.tv/firstaidkite

Streaming Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I just...I just wanted to talk about .hack

I think net slum's equivalent would be more like those random 3D chat rooms where there was just sorta random poo poo, but are now left abandoned.

Stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2h5o9edp4

Also, I stand by my belief that .hack//sign had one of the best portrayals of relationships online (romantic, platonic, or otherwise) and, end spoilers, a pretty great portrayal of a lesbian relationship without it coming off as fanservice like what other media tends to do

e: swapped the vid link for the better, reuploaded, unmuted version

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 3, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like 9 the most, with 4 in second place.

I dunno why. I just really enjoyed 9. There's just something about it. It'd be cool if there was some kind of hd remake of it that maybe fixed up some of its flaws like maybe doing a little more with some of the cast that falls by the wayside by the game's end, but I dunno. It's a flawed game but I like it in spite of, and maybe even because of, said flaws :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
9 was the 3rd final fantasy game I'd tried after X and 8, second I'd ever seen though (I watched my sister play a little bit of it, the Amarant kidnapping scene. First FF game I ever saw was FF7 at my neighbor's house where he showed off killing the big snake thing and showing off a cactuar. I don't think either are enough to qualify those as my first FF games.) so a lot of the nostalgia stuff went over my head since they were references to things I didn't really have much experience with in the first place. I just enjoyed the overall tone and feel of the game. Music, aesthetic, atmosphere, locales, designs, writing, personality, just loved it all.

The Silver Snail posted:

I just finished Dark Scavenger, it was pretty great and I think is worth putting on your steam wishlist for the summer sale.
It's a mutt mix of point and click adventure , choose your own adventure books, and light RPG combat, but the real fun draw of it is that you get to steal everything that isn't nailed down and then bring it back to your three space ship buddies. Each of your space friends is a craftsman with a specialty so you have to choose which one will convert your stolen gains into a weapon, utility item, or ally. In this way you'll only see a third of the game's equipment in any given play through. The writing is funny and the art is not great but adds to overall goofy oddball charm the game has going for it. One of the best steam games I've played this year.

Dark Scavenger is really good and yeah, the art is like...I dunno, I wanna say it's bad, but it isn't really *bad* so much as it is really rough and just all around strange and the game's art just adds to the overall alien feel of everything.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

i've seen several otherwise benign series have something gross in the first episode so maybe it's just "this is the only way we can hook a loving idiot otaku into our not-for-idiots show" but i assume it generally doesn't work because the stuff that gets multiple seasons are the specifically-for-otaku shows

The confusing part is when you get like 6 or 7 episodes into something and THEN that happens and I'm left going

Lookin at you Kobayashi's Dragon Maid thing episode 6

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's this cute romance-subversion anime called Love Lab that halfway through for no reason has a blackface scene :gonk:

Lmao

My favorite manga Jojo's Bizarre Adventure still suffers with this kinda stuff. I'd argue that the artist, as much as I love his work, has actively gotten worse at drawing black people as the years have gone by.

Like, with the dragon maid anime, the first ep had some weird pervy stuff in it but it was easy enough to write off as just trying to hook in the otakus since iirc it got dialed back a lot right after that, then episode 6 comes along and suddenly it's fuckin creepy as hell, get that poo poo outta here please. Then my understanding is the show just goes back to being not-creepy so it's like they needed to take an episode to make sure the otakus were still paying attention or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

It's an adaptation of an even-skeevier comic by a studio that's currently trying to break out of that late-night scene.

Lol well that explains some of it at least

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Knock off the poo poo, Skeletor.

Captain Invictus posted:

This shouldn't surprise you. Millions of people misunderstand the bible and think that "The Eye Of The Needle" is an actual loving place.

It was fun hearing a guy explain that to me because he was like "You see, there was a gate in Jerusalem that was designed so that it was only big enough for people to enter and if you had a camel, it'd be too big to get in. This way they could stop thieves." In return, I told him about the belief that it very well could have been a mistranslation and that the original quote was more or less saying that it's easier to thread anchor cable through a sewing needle than for a rich person to go to heaven.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heya, KCB is streaming some more of that Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal game.

https://smashcast.tv/firstaidkite

I dunno if any of you would be interested, but just in case there you go!

An idea of the exciting stuff you're missing out on:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal is a magical game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sausage gravy is my favorite kind of gravy and I like it a lot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

I can respect that.

But I'm still not eating that milky fat soup :barf:

If it's soupy then it hasn't been made right imo. I've had awful sausage gravy where it's just really thin and watery. A good sausage gravy is one that is pretty thick and has a good amount of sausage crumbled into it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wrap a hot dog in a crescent roll and bake that poo poo

Idgaf

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Unrelated to food but related to lawsuits, I like right now Warner Brothers has a lawsuit where they essentially need to prove ghosts exist in order to win.

What lawsuit is that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I still can't get over someone thinking that tuna noodle casserole is a soggy puddle. I read that post and for a moment I was angry, but then I realized that it wasn't that the poster's fault. Like an abused dog that's afraid of being petted, I feel pity for them and angry at the world.

They might have just had a horrible experience with it. Heaven knows I did. When I was somewhere between 5 and 7 years-old, my mom made some tuna noodle casserole and it was just absolutely hideous. A large, steaming pile of overcooked noodles covered in a mixture of who-knows-what and tuna, looking, smelling, and tasting like vomit. I couldn't eat it. It made me physically ill to try to eat it. So that's why she sat me at a small table with it and kept an eye on me until I ate it all as punishment for not liking it.

I've had comparable things (tuna in pasta can be good!!) but that was just the most dreadful, awful thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember when the first mortal kombat movie came out, I'd created this big plan where I'd try to convince the teachers at my school to take us on an overnight field trip to the drive-in so that I could go see it lol

My plan didn't work because I never found out the showtimes :P

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ys Origin is all around a good game, if you're getting it for relatively cheap then you'll enjoy it if you like action rpgs :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Get well soon Lawful Waffle!! :)

In Training posted:

Yeah, and there were characters that only came to arcade in Japan so this makes more sense than releasing a paid update for a version no one will probably ever play again.

What characters were Japanese arcade exclusive?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

didn't guilty gear just copy blaze blue

What do you mean?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

Abort, abort!

Ometeotl posted:

Don't respond in earnest to a silly oddium post, that's how she absorbs people's essence!

Sorry, I wasn't sure what oddium was trying to say in that post is all. Not even in a "why do you think this" kind of way but in a "I don't understand this post" kind of way, sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

im sure the guy who shat out some crayon drawings onto steam is an industry insider.

Don't do this poo poo here

ProfessorProf posted:

Trying to remember the name of a game that I saw a video about once a few months ago and wanted to look up again. Fairly recent 4-player 2D versus action game, where you throw a ball around a room and try to deflect it into the other players. The ball gets faster and faster over time, until it's going at like mach ten and will vaporize whoever it hits. Last man standing wins. Slick visuals, I want to say it's on PS4 but I'm not sure.

Did I hallucinate this game existing? I can't remember the title and I can't find anything like it.

Was it Lethal League?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No problem! :) I'm glad I was able to help!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I dunno why but I'm reminded of how Nintendo kept getting feedback that codename steam being so slow was frustrating, that they should speed up the enemy turns, and despite being told this multiple times they still didn't do anything about it until after release when the main reviews came in saying the same thing that people had been telling them before hand.

Man I wish codename steam was actually a good game instead of just a middling "eh" game. I love the concept and idea behind it but that whole game just seems like a series of missed opportunities.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never beat that game, I was enjoying it but I stopped during the ghost area

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Is it because it was spooky

It was because I stopped playing for some reason and never went back, idk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Just play odin sphere

Odin sphere on pc when

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've heard the name Metal Saga but I didn't know anything about it until I saw that screenshot of metal max, looked it up, found out that metal max is a thing, found out that metal saga is related to it, and found that screenshot of metal saga.

Are there fan translations of all of the metal max/saga games? Apparently only Saga came out in the US and the rest were Japanese only and I assume the first had an english patch based on screenshots I've found but idk about the rest. Also, what are the definitive versions of the games, the list of games I found made it sound overly complicated. It made it sound like metal max got remade like 3 or 4 times, metal max 2 got remade, there were somewhere between 2 and 4 cancelled games, a ps2 game called metal saga, a ds game, a 3ds game, maybe another ds game, I dunno.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw a van earlier for this company.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like they could have chosen a better name.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found this suggested on amazon

:rip:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
But does it have flare revolvers and the ability to let you play as a british royal guard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am pleased with what I've learned of KF2.

I should play more KF1, I haven't touched it in a long time even though I said I'd go back if I ever ended up with the flare revolver dlc since I only ever played firebug.

• Locked thread