Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

People are saying it's like a mix between Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts? Ugh barf not my jam

Mix between Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts has my attention. That being said, pretty much nobody except KT has managed to get musou games right and even they frequently strike out, though some companies are getting better.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought a Vita for anime titty games

Steam will kill the vita's only remaining purpose before too long.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Vile behavior" is kind of a broad phrase, isn't it

I think it's fine to ban punching people in big robot suits and killing their friend Zero.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why do I keep buying fighting games on steam I have a problem.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I may try to get in some Tekken tonight, but I am almost entirely clueless on 3d fighters since I haven't played one in years and was terrible then as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish Tekken 7 had a better character tutorial, or at least something that cycles through the move list as you do them. Unless I just missed that option somewhere. The game might be more popular if it actually bothered to teach players anything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I am on a quest to find out at what point the Tekken 7 matchmaking decides to stop giving you matches for your own good.

Katarina is fun and has relatively easy execution at least.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 4, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fought a track suit Skeletor earlier today.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

Not into nerd sweat myself, but hey you do you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The slomo addition was brilliant. It is the hypest poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well at least they're just coming right out and saying they don't like people with brown skin rather than trying to pretend it's something else, I guess. And I haven't followed Skullgirls but wouldn't that censorship claim mean they redrew at least one character pretty much entirely? If so that's pretty impressive.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Zelda and Horizon are both big hits but like 12 people outside of this forum + Japan even know what Persona 5 is.

The thing that worries me is that because Horizon was outsold by at least one other game then video game executives will see that as "You see? Non buff-white-dude protagonists just don't sell." I also assume they ignore the things Nintendo does because Nintendo is its own little world.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

The true endboss of gamers is the pull of work, family, friends, and a limited budget, each of which prevents us all from playing all of the games that we want to play before we die.

The first of those is enough. No need to try to boss rush it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

thehoodie posted:

Hi everyone,

Tales of Berseria is very good.

That is all.

I need to get around to finishing that. And Horizon. And Nier Automata. And FF15 and all the other games I've bought on whims. Curse you employment!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is the year Blinx TM returns, with the power only Scorpio TM can provide.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have discovered the secret to defeating me in Tekken. Listen closely because I'm only going to say this once. It is top secret.

Stand in my face and mash jab.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

my brother is really into fighting games in the sense that he always buys the new ones and has a fight stick and he usually plays them for about a week before he forgets about them. i think his latest obsession is king of fighters on steam at some point.

I am the same, but it's been Tekken 7 of late for me. I want to play GG and KoF but don't have the manual dexterity for it and am too old to develop it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nintendo, please fund Advance Wars: Love Blooms on the Battlefield.

But only if it is still sprites rather than 3d models.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why is Tekken's music so good? Even with the loss of the Tekken Tag 2 character select theme.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should've been Xbox One Resurrection, for xboner.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No Nintendo, I'm not going to have hope just so you can rip it away again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

It was pretty great. Entire conference it was like "unimpressed, what, never cared that much about the series" and all of a sudden it was an explosion of joy and confusion.

I did not see this. What's the big deal with the new Mario? Besides New Donk City.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There's also going to be Risky mode for Shantae at some relatively soon point. Not really a metroidvania, but any port in a storm.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you're willing to accept the premise the Nep games are fun if not really particularly revolutionary, and 7 (actually V-II) is generally regarded as the best one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Haha yeah, that was the other big one I was trying to think of. Like, maybe it's just because as a Nintendo fanboy with no Playstation I was just enchanted by the novelty of voice clips in a console game but I always though Navi was cute and I liked her little "Hey!" and "Listen!"s.

I found Tatl in Majora's Mask way worse because she was super sarcastic and obnoxious and would usually just make fun of you instead of giving you any actual useful advice when you tried to talk to her.

gently caress that owl forever though.

Both Navi and Tatl were good, I'm taking this brave stance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

my ps4 also came today so i am now two systems deep in the next gen

https://twitter.com/Naveed_Mohebbi/status/877236065865695233

:rip: :yeah:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat nex machina.

Holy balls experienced is about 5x harder that rookie but its so perfect feeling until the last boss when you're really gonna need to have some continues stored up.

Gonna definitely replace resogun as my warmup game for when i turn on the system and settle in to play for a while.

Housemarque is the loving best!!!

I played it a bit with mouse and keyboard and it bugs me that playing that way doesn't give you a cursor at the mouse position, just the direction.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bought Earth Defense Force 4.1 in the sale and have it downloading right now. Anything I should know?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played around 4 hours of EDF last night got to mission 22 or so on normal. Around that beach landing mission with hectors I found the guns I had been getting weren't really cutting it any more, but a quick run of mission 1 on hard solved that. I haven't seen a whole lot of reason to switch away from ranger, particularly on missions where you have to take down transports.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait I thought Star Citizen was releasing .mp4s of spaceships now rather than .jpgs. Surely they are 99% done?!?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are we really wondering why people care about romance plots, even poorly or basically not at all written ones, un here?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

People are good at compartmentalizing things, which I am now questioning whether that is an actual term, but I think it is. Though this has me thinking now, where has this apparent idea that you have to like 100% of something or there's a problem come from? Even outside of the current conversation you see a lot of people throwing babies out with bathwater or bristling at even minor criticism.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 27, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

i remember a blind guy on 4chan (back when i read it) who listened to anime dubs like a radio show and he's always post stuff like 'i gather that she is very busty' or 'i think she doesn't have many clothes on during this scene', which was always hilarious to me

Well what was his hit rate on those calls?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am offended by nintenbot because nintendrone rolls off the tongue way better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i hope you mean grows more slim because no one should date anyone who posts on an internet forum in this day and age

We all must live with the consequences of our choices in life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember this exact conversation happening in this exact forum almost exactly a decade ago. :corsair:

Back then there was a thread specifically for "social issues in games." It got closed repeatedly and swaths of people were banned and probated before things died down.

I guess it's good that the discussion can be more civil at least.

And I just noticed that a lot of people have regdates even earlier than me

It was an interesting thread for a while and I learned some things from it, but yeah it went off the rails pretty quickly on both sides.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If nothing else, Darkest Dungeon nails its presentation better than any other game I can think of.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

I would probably buy them again. Im currently playing on ps2. DMC4 is on PS4, right? Is that version good? Ill wanna check it out after I finish 1 and 3.

DMC4 special edition is good and the additional characters are cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You can just say you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snak posted:

It's so weird. I don't actually have anything against it, and I like the idea of horse-people training montages, and also that since they are both horses AND girls, they have other hobbies and sports like ice skating.

I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but I really appreciate how no premise is too loving weird to be explored in an anime/manga. A lot of times it just turns out dumb, but sometimes you get crazy unique stuff like One Punch Man or Madoka Magica.

My friend, have you heard the Good News of Symphogear?

Also Big O.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread