Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played Overwatch during the free weekend.

Best feature: When you get killed and respawn your character sighs heavily so you don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

post good video game horses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrYfrOiCrY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

...what is this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That thing is going to the moon as much as Bitcoin.

I do appreciate how the switch is plugged into the port labeled with a phone tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Actually Nintendo is being very smart here- their social features are so fucky that you're going to be playing with randos, and you won't want to hear them anyway.

oddium posted:

one bitcoin is worth 2.4 thousand dolllars

Good luck actually turning it into those dollars if you have one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A fully equipped Switch player, ready for some pro gamin' on the go

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sony wins because if your PS4 breaks you can migrate all your stuff to a new one.

But yeah, that search is horrendous.

vvvvvvv They also have a really nice motion-controlled keyboard.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 1, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Invictus posted:

Does anyone have the quotes about horses being insanely stupid and taking any excuse to kill themselves, whether it being from scaring themselves to death or seeing their own reflection and just dropping dead

Requested so often it's the second post in the funny quote thread. Unfortunately that person left out the non-Ruddha interjection about how horses are so dumb that if you ride them for laps around a track they will get spooked by the exact same thing every time.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 1, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the best final boss fight

Armstrong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Life Was Strange

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dr. Strangelife, or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Camera

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Was Net Slum full of furries and flying penises?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The finest fighting game story ever told is the Mortal Kombat movie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played Prey on PS4 at release and thought it was fine.

It was patched. Poorly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ceci n'est pas un samurai origamie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bring the baby, give it a gimmick character with 1s in all stats and describe it as a method player

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No Man's Strange

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think it's weird to pay attention to something that's going to be delivered to you for free because of a sunk cost almost a year ago.

Sometimes I think about starting a new NMS character, but there's always another game that just came out.

It'll never happen for all kinds of reasons, but if they patched in PSVR support I'd never quit it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

I really wish people would stop telling me the only reason I like No Man's Sky is sunk cost fallacy.

Didn't mean the invoke the fallacy, just pointing out that you don't have to do or give up anything to check out this patch.

I liked NMS too, but I had my fill of it a long time ago. I tried to get back in after the first patch but my character had too much baggage from the initial state of the game but also too much progress to immediately throw away; now that I'm in a bit of a game drought a new excuse to start again would be welcome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
FIVE FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

Ms said this week vr/ar will be pc only from them for the foreseeable future.

If they really don't care about console VR, maybe they'll add PSVR support to Minecraft.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

i play all my videogames on a digital rectal thermometer, by shoving it up my rear end, and screaming "videogames"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like something like this might've happened with half-life 2 back when it was in development, but I'm not entirely sure.

Half-Life 2 leaked but they didn't try to leverage it, just spread it around like any other warez.

Recently a post-production company was hacked and a bunch of TV and media assets were stolen and held for ransom, like the first few episodes of the new OITNB season. Maybe they were also working with CD Projekt Red?

Ransomware is typically automated and wouldn't threaten to reveal anything, just demand bitcoins with no direct contact with the attackers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Invictus posted:

people have been ironically referencing it as of late a disturbing number of times

I exclusively blame Ulililila for returning Bubsy to our collective consciousness.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

codenameFANGIO posted:

Pshh yeah and then what? Not have them in the list with a colorful picture so that I can look over all the games I own like a dragon hoard?? Ok pal.

You can still dragon hoard in the library, it has every game you've ever touched even if they aren't installed.

Cowcaster posted:

played a couple of rounds of overwatch and dominated, is it because 144hz is an unfair gaming advantage? who can say... whgo can sya

There are some really bad overwatch players, when I tried it for the first time during the free weekend it took me five matches to get killed once (the opposition got better after I relogged).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

glam rock hamhock posted:

Looking forward to the traditional "Microsoft underwhelms everybody followed by Ubi putting on a show so bad that you partially suspect they're doing it on purpose at this point" day

Bethesda is after Microsoft, Ubi isn't until tomorrow evening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is too funny to stay hidden away in the VR threads

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
XBOXONEX

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Turns out it's Life is Strange: Before the Storm so we can all stop now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pull up thread, nooo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

glam rock hamhock posted:

Anyways, my plans for the day are to go to my local cinema and see the new Alien movie and then see the Sony Press Conference. Will today be a day of joy, horrible disappointment or and interesting combination of both? Only time will tell!

First one, then the other.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

My face when I suddenly realize that there is inevitably going to be a movie about the Minecraft story :stonklol:

The Asocial Network

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Raxivace posted:

Any word on how the SotC remake is going to be changed?

The footage looked like it got a visual pass, more detailed than the PS3 rerelease. Probably no gameplay changes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Foglet posted:

No, it's a JRPG based on the manga series called "The Sandman". I wonder if they will be doing "Ramadan", "Three Septembers and a January" or "August" arcs next, those were all very good.

I wouldn't call it a manga, Neil Gaiman is English and the series was drawn for DC by western artists.

The original source of the word "thermidor" is the new enlightened calendar that France was briefly forced to use during the Revolution.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Wizard posted:

*lovingly caresses Super Mario Odyssey footage, then turns to camera* Moai~

Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Palpek posted:

Somebody please give me bulletpoints on what was announced during the Nintendo conference.

New Kirby game with a recruitment gimmick
New Yoshi game with a flip-stage gimmick
New Xenoblade game is anime as gently caress
Metroid Prime 4 is a thing that will one day happen
Mario Odyssey is bonkers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

Wanna play whatever that third game is.

Don't, Homefront was awful.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guy Mann posted:

Rewatching the new Wolfenstein trailer, has there ever been another game with a pregnant woman kicking rear end in it?

Silent Hill 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That BG&E2 plan *sucks teeth*

That is a neat video in the article, though.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

2) a laughable take on hacking subculture that plays like the musings of a baby boomer who dialed into BBSes in the 90s and started extrapolating on what today's millenials find cool

Watchdogs 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a video game version of the movie Hackers and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Locked thread