Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ryan Braun using allegations of anti-semitism to help his team win by staying in the lineup while jacked up on dinger juice is the ULTIMATE TEAM PLAYER, it's like the legal version of sliding head first into first base while down by 4 runs in the 9th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Puig struck out to end the game against the Nationals's Koda Glover and Glover took exception to Puig staring at him and yelled something toward him, in which Puig walked toward the mound.

Look forward to more posturing in tomorrow's game.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reminder: Dave Dombrowski flipped Edwin Jackson for Max Scherzer.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The catcher flinching is the best part.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bawfuls posted:

so MLB gave Puig a one game suspension for that sweet double bird action :lol:

Tyler Collins was never suspended for flipping off Comerica. Weird.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean, it's Miller so maybe it wasn't?

Andrew Miller should be a starting pitcher but the Detroit Tigers are so loving terrible at developing talent that he had to drift around the league for half a decade to be fixed.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

chilihead posted:

I'ts even more depressing when you look back and know the biggest thing the Tigers missed during their run was a dominant closer.

Their inability to produce even a league average bullpen in one of their playoff runs was their undoing. I mean it's something teams do all the time, yet there has been a decade of bad bullpens in Detroit. It's baffling.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

tadashi posted:

Wasn't one of the primary problems with the Tigers of old that they rushed every pitcher through the minors as quickly as possible and taking a very old philosophy that they'd figure things out in the majors?

I've read a bunch of weird theories and that seems to be one that makes the most sense. If you look at the crop of arms they've drafted and rushed to the majors, it's quite astonishing: Verlander, Porcello, Turner, Miller, Smyly -- all rushed, some of them played maybe 20 games in the minors before making major league debuts, all had command issues, bad secondary pitches.

Just stupid. They then switched gears and focused on drafting college relievers. Not starters, actual relievers, thinking they could instantly be useful in the majors. Woefully dumb, if they had just been patient they would have had decent arms by now.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comptroll The Forums posted:

N: Tigers recalling Anibal Sanchez, who has a 5.17 era in 15 IP... In AAA.

V: blow up this lovely team and take out the entire AL central division while you're at it

Tigers are going to wait way too loving long to sell and somehow only move like Justin Wilson.

JD Martinez should already be off this team, the longer another team has him the more valuable he is in a trade.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Torres more like Tornes am I right guys

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goodpancakes posted:

I showed my better half the ridiculous baseball name of Sicnarf Loopstock and she pointed out its Francis backwards. Weird.

His name is Francis Kotspool backwards and it's a way more acceptable name.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

Pujols was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in like 2004 or 2005. That's a degenerative condition, so he winds up having a procedure done on his foot almost every offseason.

Wait it is? I thought it heals itself over time.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

Let's play guess the umpire!

Answer: CB Bucknor

His eyes were literally closed on pitch #5.

I believe this was during a steal attempt and for some reason Bucknor called 5 a ball. Romine got thrown out at second.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bawfuls posted:

Tonight, Yoenis Cespedes lectured Yasiel Puig about pimping/admiring a home run for too long.

That is a thing that happened in real life.

edit: I hope davecrazy was watching and furious

I'm sick of people lecturing Puig.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Barry Bonds laughs at your age.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
MLB.tv will eventually crack down on adblockers.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baseball is the only sport I watch and care about :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

I care about football and playoff hockey, but I don't give up on the baseball season until the last game is played, even if the Yankees don't get past the 162nd.

I watch the playoffs and the series even if I hate the teams, and then I sort of just get really sad like 3 days after it's all over. I usually will buy MLB the Show for half-price and make gimmick teams during the long, cold winter months to tide me over.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Taint posted:

I'm just having fun on 16 on my PS3 (because I'm cheap) using my devastating forkball to strike out ALL the motherfuckers.

All of them.

1998 Kerry Wood wishes he was my rtts guy.

I still only have a PS3, has someone been updating the rosters on the '16 version? I might just go buy it so I can amass my all clubhouse cancer team.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Tigers will totally slide Bartolo into their rotation once Justin Verlander gets traded.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ragle posted:

Michael Fulmer until today featured four pitches: 2-seamer, 4-seamer, change, slider. MLB career 252 IP 3.14 ERA with them.
Now he's added a curve to be even more unfair to hitters:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/880511210785058816

He also is a plumber in the offseason.

Like imagine his work schedule: unclog toilet, learn filthy curveball.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
He hits that wall so hard.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://m.mlb.com/nyy/video/v1554798583/nyycws-fowler-carted-off-the-field-after-injury/?query=dustin%2Bfowler

Yeah the knee isn't supposed to look like that.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

We've come a long way from "Every time you hit the ball in the air do ten pushups"

Dorn was playing in the wrong era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's because he is cool.

• Locked thread