Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Oh man, I used to love this series! The first one I read was Purple Peanutbutter, and the first one I puchased was the Dr Eek one.

I really appreciate you doing this.

I say we accept the ghost's second offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
We stay out of the closet!

Almost there! We'll get every ending yet!

EDIT:

Wait, since we have three choices left, you might as well do all of them, right? Saving the "True" ending for last?

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 29, 2017

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Leap into the air, sword in hand, and plunge it into whatever grave you happen to land on!

We blindly guess!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Is the clue the apparent age of the ghost?

The Sarah (Keeper of the Sword) we met had long black hair and ruby red lips. Sarah Grayson was born in 1820, and died in 1895, making her 75. Sarah McGinnis was born in 1918 and died in 1940, making her 22 ears old, which seems to match the the age of the ghost we met.

So, 1940, so we turn to page 14.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Added Space posted:

Wrong answer first!

Oh, forgot about trying to get every ending first!

Yes, change my vote to page 23. Clearly the ghost we saw was a beautiful 75 year old in the peak of health.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I'm starting to think that choosing the Evil Knight just brings us back to the parchment route somehow, so:

We're not giving up! If it's a mud-slinging battle they want, it's a mud-slinging battle they'll get!

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 7, 2017

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Why would you go after the knight?! The so-called Evil Knight had the perfect opportunity to off 3 Saxtons, yet chose to go back to England.

Why would you feel the need to pursue? Unless it's implied that he went back in time to kill off ancestral Saxtons, which would lead to them unexisting, which would provide a motive to go after him.

Left pixie, I guess.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
The only cushion I am sitting on are my own buttocks (No Cushion)

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That was absymal.

It looks like we lost our cousins, so;

Let's say we sit on a cushion.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

If I paid money for this thing, I would be incredibly upset right now. As-is, I'm just entertained and :allears:ing at how awful it is while pretending to be upset for comedic effect.

Yeah, this author seemed to have really phoned it in. At least the Werewolf camp one was interesting.

I say find our way out of the maze.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Our fight-or-flight response fails to come to a resolution, leaving us frozen in terror.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Well, at least getting turned into a flower was an interesting end. I'm wondering though, if the writer just went "Well the Garden of Living Flowers was in Through the Looking Glass, which written by Lewis Carroll, who was English! ENGLAAAANND!"

Anyway, we now default to flight! Run!

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 17, 2017

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This is the second time we ended up as a three-headed monstrosity.

Fine, the door slamming caused us to attempt escape through the roof! Jump!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
The true enemy was you all along.

We are not ready. You do realize I have a cousin named Kip that would do just as nicely?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Did the author really just phone it in?

I know my vote is redundant at this point, but might as well confirm it.

Left is correct.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I...don't even understand this choice?

So since I don't see it at all, I guess I wish I never saw this?

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 27, 2017

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This is not the writing of a bad writer.

This is the writing of a man that has been wronged, and seeks vengeance via any means.

I'll just choose randomly;

The right door is the right one.

EDIT: Shouldn't one of the options listed be "What you get is what you see"?

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 27, 2017

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Of those three, I prefer the fiery orange

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Let us play the new JRPG that came out recently, Tales of Goosebumpsia

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This book somehow manages to get worse.

Listen to the fae, specifically the right pixie.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
The Evil Knight commands me!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I can sort of see what the book intended. The Evil Knight pulls us into a sort of nightmare world, which explains the insane dream logic and imagery.

The concept is there, but executed poorly. It ends up feeling random.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
It's remarkable the difference in quality between this particular book and the previous ones, even with all the quantum possibilities (which are few, but I which I still found entertaining compared to previous books).

The writing really does manage to convey legitimate horror and dread.

That part with map, and memorizing the route because the torch eventually burns is a nice touch.

So I say go through the wrong route in the maze

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Hmmm, an orange tree, in the Amazon rainforest, where the only other mundane fruit we saw were magically cursed?

Sure, eat an orange!

Interesting way how we handled that dragon!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Let Zoe go first if she is so inclined to pretending to be a water monster.

Also, why is the water freezing in the Amazon? Unless it's a stream straight from the Andes, shouldn't the water be warm?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Welp, at least Cronby went down with us.

Naturally, the natural enemies of lawn gnomes are canines, so let's say it was a dog!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
If it was an indigo door I would have had my doubts, but since it is a blue door, then clearly nothing can go wrong!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Guys, we still have to explore this second "Limo" path.

Enter the doors, with extreme prejudice

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I understand this is meant to be horror, but I can't help but feel that this can easily be read as an endorsement of extremely reckless behavior.

Wait, this isn't Narnia, there's a giant factory with monsters here!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Left-handed we are.

You know, this will likely lead to a good ending, but not one of the goal endings, so in order to see more endings, I think we should proceed methodically.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I'm genuinely surprised that being left-handed wasn't an auto-win.

A rope frayed but thick.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Wake Sybils: Stine of the Rebellion

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That genie is wearing some rather unconventional attire.

But then again, she came out of a cola can.

I get the feeling 66 just gets us re-routed back her, but hey,

Let's wish for something else! Like another genie!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Are...are we the genie now?

Blue means we are deprived of oxygen, so wish it away!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't believe we got a goal good ending already.

Not necessarily. Most likely Jenna will do everything in her power to ruin even the most carefully-worded wishes, and with us at the helm it's only a matter of time.

Can opener!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I'm starting to wonder how much actual control Jenna has over the actual wish-granting process. Unless she's being an rear end in a top hat on purpose.

Doesn't wishing the bug away loop back into the path after we attacked the bug with a bat?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Disregard currency, become gorgeous.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
How do we know it's not Jenna shapeshifted into Toobah?

Let's take our chances and wish we never met him.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wouldn't you notice and get out of the water before that became fatal? :psyduck:

According to a diving manual I read, that's actually a real risk, especially in tropical areas! Swimmers can get severe sunburns because the water can mask it. In rare cases you can even get heatstroke if the water's warm enough.

Let us increase our beauty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, sure, let's give James his good ending. He's too professional to have to deal with someone like this.

Let James open the cans, I'm too busy being rich

I should have probably seen that ending coming, I think there was another R.L. Stine book that had a girl end up being a sculpture because she wished to be "the most beautiful thing". Might have been a Fear Street book.