Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

print the shits

look at fuckin brady there lol god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I too keep my laundry detergent on the end table in my living room

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

His dog owns a lot though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Durandal1707 posted:

The main thing I took away from reading Gunslinger is how much of an athletic freak of nature Favre was. He spent most of his time off the field drunkenly suckin' & fuckin' around the state of Wisconsin, could barely read a defense for poo poo for a lot of his career and he was still easily one of the best players in the league.

I kinda miss watching QBs like that.

I liked the Gruden QB camp with Favre where they talked about him throwing the ball way too hard in his first training camp and made the WRs who were just trying to catch onto the team look like poo poo including breaking fingers and stuff

And also how he broke Sterling Sharpe's ribs with a throw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is it going to plow right through the players standing around?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huh, the Texans actually made a move and signed Sio Moore

The only thing I remember about him is that he and Mack almost danced their way to loving up a win against the Chiefs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The rowdy friends

They back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I assume it's mostly a salary cap thing. Some players are going to get expensive soon and I saw someone mention they're hovering near cap hell

pubic works project posted:

Everything I've read mentioned that the Chiefs are in cap hell after this year and are trying to get out from under it. The article I was linked to from Rotoworld speculates that Alex Smith is bye-bye after this season.

I'd be a little surprised if Mahomes starts after sitting just one season but if anyone can pull it off it's Andy Reid

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Peters is very good and all but shouldn't get Revis money since he's so burnable. Then again, Bouye got Revis money so Peters will probably get ++Revis money

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Rex has really let himself go.

Didn't he undo his gastric bypass so he could get fat again and Rob wouldn't have to feel bad about being fat?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That can hardly be blamed on the rowdy friends though, and they were given the boot as well

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What would the market look like for Alex Smith next year?

Texans, Cardinals, Bills?

Alex is still probably going to command top 50% QB money, probably ~$18m per, and the Texans aren't going to pay that after trading two firsts to get Watson

They still insist they're rolling with Watson at third string which is dumb as hell because he gets no reps and develops slower that way

e: Also any FA contract Alex signs would presumably be long enough to eat up nearly the entirety of Watson's cost controlled years even if they cut him early

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's pretty cool your sister's tweet got published intruder

owned :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

JJ owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Nuk in the top 30? I know he had a down year but surely he's still top 100

Also sad that Duane Brown doesn't seem like he's going to be on this list :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

New #1 Kenny Britt will be former #1 Kenny Britt if they sign Maclin

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tankin' hard for Darnold

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

I was trying to withhold judgement for a while on the whole Kaepernick thing, but I think we've maybe reached a breaking point.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796523423715331
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796971371192320

Uh oh someone lit up the Warcrimes signal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah now that he's the #1 WR I can see why they wouldn't want him returning kickoffs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hackenberg is literally a worse second round selection than Roberto Aguayo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Which is the biggest 2nd round waste:

Hackenberg?

Aguayo?

Brock trade?

$10m in cap space is far more valuable than either of those other two

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Having both Bo's speed and power should require some sort of license

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just follow Eugene Monroe into weedville

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Perhaps he could try rubbing some dirt on it and being a man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when the cowboys didn't draft Randy Moss?

Lol

the mean lunch lady posted:

Steven Jackson, the last great St. Louis Ram :smith:

Maybe on the offensive side of the ball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Both Smith and Sanders were absolute locks for the Hall of Fame and are in the conversation of top RB's of all time. From past conversations on these forums, the general feeling is that Gore is nowhere near a lock for the HoF like those guys were, despite having a body of work that is comparable (not equal but certainly comparable).

Unfortunately Gore got injured the season after posting his 4th consecutive 1k+ yard season. He only played 11 games, and still hit 850 yards. And then went on to post 4 more consecutive 1k+ yard seasons. This streak ended in his 1st year with the Colts (even though he still rushed for 967 yards) but last year he came back at the age of 33 to post another 1k yard season.

Something something eye test

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol they show Kraft's ring first gently caress him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Earl I think?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

what

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Football outsiders released their defeat numbers for last year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/2016-defeats

A defeat is:

A tackle that results in a loss of yardage, including sacks.
Any play that results in a turnover, including tipped passes which are then intercepted.
Any tackle or tipped pass that leads to a stop on third or fourth down.

And no surprise, overall Khalil Mack and Von Miller were the best players last year.... except that there were two Bills in the top 5 because their run defense was feast or famine. Their run D was like Barry Sanders. If they didn't get a stop behind the line, they averaged giving up 5.6 yards per carry.

The giants also had the top CB and top safety while Aaron Donald and Suh topped the list for non-edge rushing linemen.

Both secondary guys the Texans had on those lists are gone lol

Also Brock is still taking potshots at Bill O'Brien which is hilarious. "Last season my fundamentals slipped and that's why I was bad, unlike 2015 and now"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sirtommygunn posted:

He's dead to me now.

The Jets hosed him and hosed him good by cutting him so late, he can do whatever he wants

evilweasel posted:

if only brady looked like this too :smith:

10 ring shrimp

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like my kids more than I like the idea of yachting and eating caviar sorry if that bugs you :moonrio:

Also who paid $35 for that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why wouldn't you eat it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Highbrow Slick posted:

tell me about the rabbits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a patagonian cavy posted:

He's batting .222 and leading his erstwhile team in strikeouts

lol

He also has a sub .900 fielding percentage which for anyone is awful but for an outfielder is outrageously bad

• Locked thread