Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I appreciate this. Big Brother gifs are much better than the episodes.

STAC, please don't give up. Your labors are better than forcing myself to watch this.

That said, I actually have CBS All Access for some reason. Probably Star Trek. Baseball is on, but, erm, timestamps could be fun and cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
BBCanada can get silly with the twists sometimes (5 was a MASSIVE improvement on that front), but it just has such better production and casting that I find BBUSA difficult, grating, and maybe even condescending to watch sometimes. Enjoy 4 and 5; they're really quite the treats.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mallratcal posted:

GIF away STAC Goat! I find your updates as entertaining as the show, if not more.

I love that in trying to sell Big Brother to Survivor fans, RHAP made the point of saying "You don't even have to watch the show; you can follow along by just listening to us you'll be fine."

But we have the STAC.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Eltoasto posted:

Well the e-mail just confirmed that feeds aren't on until after the pacific airing tomorrow, so midnight est on Thursday, booo

West coast best coast

The one true coast

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait who the actual gently caress names a kid CHRISTMAS

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Watching now, and this has serious BBCanada vibes. Twists for days and a decent cast. I actually like the timeshare rep :stare:

Watching the backyard comp reminded me though. We've been having a ridiculously hot (and even muggy) spring/summer so far and I do NOT envy those poor bastards having to do strenuous daytime endurance comps in that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Just to add from a sound production standpoint, BB is a loving nightmare from all angles.

You have I don't know how many house mics, in addition to 16 personal mics. I'll spare you the blood and guts of signal flow, but just know that it's messy. In addition to that, for every camera angle, you need somebody on point to make sure that the scene is even audible. From what little I was able to watch last night (first time even trying live feeds), they do what they can but it's far from perfect.

From this point of view, I'd imagine that production scrambles like hell for that first week even just trying to get the house in order, and that's likely why it takes feeds a whole week to go up. You''d want the first week of feeds for chit chat anyway, and there's a decent enough chance that production can full hear what's going on, but from a consumer standpoint, it's just kind of unsalvageable. I'd even presume that the cameras (see, that amazing shot of our new HoH and his blank face) has much the same problem.

Reality TV production is insane.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not ready to let go of the unused Christmas puns.

Fear of that broken foot made for a white Christmas!

Only half of the house wants to have Christmas in July!

The War against Christmas is heating up!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My life seriously does not need a cat right now, but those little furballs on live feeds are so, so tempting :3:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'd just cling to the railing and hop up/down, ask somebody else to bring the crutches.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

- Cody wins POV and pulls off Jessica.

I do not want this to happen, but I could see like 5 cycles of this with Jody DRs/bitchfests about how they have the game on total lock even though everybody else is bad and dumb.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
FRIENDSHIP!!!

This week is going to be so entertaining :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Turbl posted:

Should I feel bad for wanting Cody to win Ring of Replacement and him using it to win veto so one of Paul's pawns has to go home? The drama would be amazing.

Yes. Yes you should. This is okay pre-jury popcorn, but there's no reason to root for Cody winning anything ever.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jess: I don't want to go back to the real world.

lol.

Also, Paul and Mark talking about the macros on nutrition labels on house food. They seem to have a newfound respect for veggie burgers.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

I can only imagine that's some twitter yelling, but I assume its unsubstantiated nonsense.

She's saying she's sick to her stomach but she's been crying for a couple of hours and is basically having an anxiety attack over this stuff. I'm neither a doctor, woman, nor smart person but I think it takes longer than 2 weeks to start having morning sickness.

It can take over a month even to identify pregnancy.

lol if that happens, though.

ninja: doesn't BB have loving condoms? If Survivor does, there's no excuse here.

BB: JESSICA AND CODY! STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Watching last night's feeds. Paul's hard sell to Alex is...actually really good. It's stupid of her to agree, but Paul might actually be good at this. He's kind of overplaying (why not just actually nominate both Cody and Jess?) but he'd probably be able to sell me a used car.

Cameras 3/4, 1am 7/7.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Around 1:45am Josh finally gets upstairs for Paul to work him.

At the same time, Christmas and Elena are in the pantry. Apparently Elena has severe dietary restrictions. Christmas recommends that the hide her breakfast yogurts at the back of one of the produce drawers in the fridge, since "nobody ever looks there."

I got all access to watch old Survivor and Star Trek, and this is quickly coming to feel like a poor life choice.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm watching Josh say mouth words for my own personal entertainment.

Poor life choice.

Also Paul got Kettle Chips and Cheetos for his HoH luxury food and the crunching eating noises make me want to shed this mortal coil.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, Christmas loving hates the rodeo clown. He broke her foot and then voted for her eviction, I guess.

She's getting goodwill and agreement for this opinion.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

Jason broke her foot and Kevin is doing an amazing job making everyone think he voted for Christmas (he didn't.)

Yeah I ninja'ed, I meant Jason.

There are too many people in this house and I'm already bad with names.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
2:55, Mark and Elena are being hilarious with Paul in HoH.

I take back what I said about production. These asshats don't give a gently caress about sound. The mixer could cut the crunching bullshit, but they don't because I guess somebody could say something irrelevant between chomps. loving hell. This poo poo is gross.

Toasty: Paul is selling the line that Cody getting to play veto is a 1/16 chance (two player's choice chips are in the bag.) It's not aggressively bad, but it's also not good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
3:13, HoH, serious shade at Nicole and Corey.

This is funny and I like it enough not to tell you what is said.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Paul just really, REALLY wants Cody out. He's convinced that either without the other will go bananas (probably true) but Cody pissed him off enough to go nuclear.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just nominate Alex and Jason. If one of them wins veto, that's what you want to happen anyway.

They'd be dumb to pick Cody or Jess in houseguests choice because neither of those two would use the power knowing the other would be the replacement.

The noms are Alex/Josh.

I am bad with names but I know this much.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Also, Christmas actually does hate Jason, so if he's a nom and doesn't get off the block, he risks going home against Jody, despite the best-laid plans.

I will at least say of Paul, that he chose good pawns. It just seems unnecessary.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Everybody hates Ramses for some reason. I guess he's behind plane-bannergate,so the house thinks he's full of it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SweetJahasus posted:

So....when Cody gets drawn for POV and wins then doesn't use it, this plan is gonna definitely be super good.

Paul is an idiot.

He'll convince Ramses to use his curse and get it out of the way.

Foolproof!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait, but Paul actually made a comment about Victor being a lovely social player. It makes me want to believe that he knows what he's doing, even though he really ought to just put Cody and Jess up together.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
oh my goodness gracious THIS KITTY BREAK

gently caress humans just let a kitty win this season

:3:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My hot take is that Christmas talks too much. I sat through and then skipped through a "conversation" she had with Jess in the chill-out room. That gets air quotes because over the course of fifteen minutes, Jess might have uttered five words.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Goddammit I can't adopt those kitty bros. That shelter is all the way down in San Diego :mad:

And yeah, Paul was hammering it in last night that he thinks either Cody or Jess will break and crumble into a pile of tears and sadness without the other, which is probably true. It's just that the remains of Jess will be more useful and malleable than the remains of Cody, so Cody has to go. He declined to nominate them next to each other because he doesn't want to risk anybody but Cody going home. It's equal parts brilliant and shortbus.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Contestant promo: I don't care if I have to use my body, as long as it keeps me in control!

CBS Execs: lol she'll give it up on camera and we don't even have to pay her for it.

(I've found Jess very disappointing)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love that Cody is being a bit of a champ, and Jess is being a whiny babby.

As long as they're going to be horrible people, it may as well be entertaining.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure what "bit of a champ" means to you but I think it has a different meaning. Cody is calling everyone pussies and cowards, refusing to speak with anyone, and vowing to make life in the house as miserable as possible. He also just said he wouldn't go to finale. Oh, and he berated and bullied Josh multiple times last night. You know, the weakest person in the house.

And the frog thing is actually the only thing that has actually pulled Jess out of her self pity in almost a week.

Forgive my misread, then. I haven't watched feeds tonight. That's even better. I love this dumb show.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait, do Jody have any idea that the entire house is salivating to backdoor Cody?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ToastyPotato posted:

Matt is the super soldier serum'd Seth Meyers right?

I think that's what you mean, yes. He's a relatively-attractive non-factor who laughs at his own jokes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Word to the wise: don't spend 16 hours of your day motionless and silent, waiting for your mark, only to go inside a television production thinking that you understand people.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
STAC, as much as I'd like to be a Jess and don the kneepads for ya...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If you want a happy pair of cats, just ask the shelter. They have a good idea of which kitties play well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jillian has been noted to be absent on social media.

• Locked thread