Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
The hot poo poo back in my day was the comic book cards. The ones I always liked was the Marvel ones by the Hildebrandt brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did Batman die again?

No he proposed to Catwoman.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Madkal posted:

From what I remember about the event from the two books I read (Detective Comics and Robin), he took c-list villains and upped the power levels so superhero status.
Did any of the villains with suped up powers ever appear again after the event, and did any heroes take him up on the offer?

Major Disaster and the reborn Killer Moth. Those are the only two I could think of.

Heroes? Blue Devil I believe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Madkal posted:

From what I remember about the event from the two books I read (Detective Comics and Robin), he took c-list villains and upped the power levels so superhero status.
Did any of the villains with suped up powers ever appear again after the event, and did any heroes take him up on the offer?

Full list (because I'm bored at work):

Abra Kadabra, Atomic Skull II, Blockbuster II (Roland Desmond), Cheetah III (Barbara Ann Minerva), Chronos (David Clinton), Circe, Copperhead, Doctor Phosphorus, Doctor Polaris (Neal Emerson), Enforcer ("Joe Gardner", a Draalian clone of Guy Gardner), Evil Star II, Gorilla Grodd, Hellgrammite, Killer Frost II, Killer Moth, Lex Luthor, Major Disaster, Metallo, Mist (Kyle Nimbus), Mr. Freeze, Ocean Master, Psycho-Pirate II (Roger Hayden), Rag Doll (Peter Merkel, Sr.), Shadow Thief, Shrapnel, Spellbinder III (Fay Moffit) a.k.a. Lady Spellbinder

These are all the villians that I believed kept their enchanced powers after Underworld Unleashed. The Rogues got taken to Hell and later Wally West freed their souls and returned them to their bodies, which were running amok in Keystone City.

Of course the New 52 reboot pretty much erased all of this, which is fine because some cool villians like Dr. Polaris died or otherwise became mutated like Killer Moth.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

hup posted:

I'm still in awe that they made Killer Moth into a literal killer moth. Especially whenever I reread Morrison's JLA and Charaxas or whatever his new name was pops up in a prison cell.

Yeah I thought it was dumb, but it was during those times in the 90s where everything had to be done to the extreme.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

My favorite on the show was Egghead or whatever his name was.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'd actually be cool with them going to a different Earth in a third installment. Either make this new Earth the flip side of Injustice 1 and 2 where Batman went bad or where half of the JLA gets wiped out and Bats, Supergirl, and company need to help htem.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Durlans, maybe?

Yeah Green/White Martians and Durlans. More so Durlans because there have been plotlines with them spying on everyone like Skrulls.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Super pill causes her to lose the baby. Superman goes into a depression and hides away in the fortress. Barry tries to go there to apologize, but bumbling chowder waiter shenanigans with the security system cause him to release Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Barry tries to stop Zod himself but the battle ends up destroying Coast City. Hal Parallaxes.

Barry traps Zod in the Speed Force, but he escapes soon after and bursting back into the regular dimension destroys Smallville.

Barry tries to apologize to Superman again, and...

I'd play the poo poo out of this game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Especially if you get to play as Barry and gently caress everything up yourself.

JUST LIKE THE TV SHOW!

Edit: and the comics

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

vermin posted:

Injustice 3's plot IMO should take place in the Silver Age and be campy as hell

I'm talking Aquaman throwing a shark at Batman and Batman using his shark repellent

I'd be down for this. Or Earth-Prime JLA vs. Earth-3 Crime Syndicate.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I like Brainiac. :shrug:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

redbackground posted:

I was honestly surprised that he was in fact, the end-all boss at the end of the day. I kept thinking, oh, there's always somebody else behind the whole thing as a last-second swerve, but nope, Brainiac from beginning to end. Kind of let down.

I was thinking that there might have been a twist at the end since Darkseid is in the game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I collect statues and stuff of a few specific characters. I had the idea of getting the first appearance issue for each of them to hang on the wall (since the wall space behind the shelves is just being wasted) but 2 of them are Cyclops and Green Arrow, so that's just not happening.

Anyone recommend good issues to represent those two? And not you know, several thousand dollars. They don't actually have to be good comics.

What costume is Cyclops in?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Maybe Uncanny #138 for Cyclops?

God drat you, I was just going to post that once I learned what costume he wore!

Edit:

UXM 136 (where he's holding Phoenix)
UXM 201
XM 59
XM 44 (2nd series)

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 19, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

For Green Arrow, I'm assuming this is for Ollie?

Either Green Lantern/Green Arrow 76
Green Arrow 10, 12, or 15 (all from Volume 3)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Which is the issue where Cyclops gets chumped by a depowered Storm? That's my favorite one.

That's UXM 201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Guys that was a Steppenwolf image from a Mother Box. I would be surprised if he looks exactly like that in the movie. He's obviously wearing a helmet.

• Locked thread