Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Next time, on a Very special episode of Symphogear...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

McDragon posted:

I'm just going to assume that anyone who ever met the good doctor has a version of him running around in their subconscious now.

I mean, I do.

Maria has been really good this season. I think she might be my second-favorite now.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Kanos posted:

Maria has always been good. :colbert:

It's an honor just to be nominated. Even Shirabe, the worst Symphogear, is a great Symphogear.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh, I thought the armour was a relic.

Worst Symphogear was Carol then. Her harp thing was like an actual symphogear right? She even had songs.

It was a relic, but not a Symphogear. I don;t count Staff of Solomon or Durandal either. For my money, Symphogear is 'singing + relic + arm pose during transformation'.

So by that standard Carol counts, letting Shirabe roll under the bar of 'worst symphogear'... this time.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 5, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Ah, yes, the legendary pizza cutter of love.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well... Shirabe is getting a new transformation sequence :stare:

I was all ready to congratulate them for having the best / least creepy set of transformation sequences yet. Guess it wouldn't be Symphogear without a little :stare:

:dess:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Is this what the dark old times were like?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

I thought he meant waiting on fansubs

I did.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
gently caress it, I'm just going to make up my own subs.

HIBIKI: So, Maria, do you like Tsubasa?
MARIA: No. I only like DR VER.
TSUBASA: Indeed. Only DR VER is worthy of affection.
KIRIKA: Dess! (Translator's note: Dess means 'DR VER')

I think I hit all the basic points.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

graybook posted:

I had a goofy chuckle at Adam's appearance of indulgence. Can't wait to understand better.

I love that he keeps the hat on. He really is insufferable in every conceivable way.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This timeline doesn't deserve more Symphogear, I guess.

What's everyone's favorite character song of the season? So far, my favorite A-side is Maria's: Stand Up! Ready!!, and my favorite B-Side is Hibiki's: Hanasaku Yuuki.

I didn't care for Chris or Tsubasa's as much as usual this season. I didn't know it was possible for music to be Chuuni, but Kirika's have proved me wrong.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 16, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

chumbler posted:

How long must we endure these dark times?

No longer! :bisonyes:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Maria is kind of a disappointing character tbh

how could you!!

Endorph posted:

id have it no other way, being disappointing and kind of lame is more interesting than her being a Powerful Serious Rival or whatever, though its getting hard to tell how much of her lameness is intentional. definitely some of it, but.

It makes her the perfect mom. Nothing makes you more of a parent than trying desparately to seem cool in front of the kids

My dumb Symphogear Tier List:
code:
AZX: Chris
GX: Maria, Hibiki, Tsubasa
G: Kirika, Shirabe 

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 16, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Maria is...just kind of huffy.

She wants to project the attitude of natural strength & confidence that Tsubasa does, but Tsubasa projects that attitude because she's not trying to project anything - that's just who she is. Maria is the oldest member of the group, but in some ways the least grown up; she's just a big ol' ball of insecurities who is trying as hard as she can. I can see how that might be annoying, but I find it really cute & endearing.

chumbler posted:

Tsubasa is a wing now, get it right. Also her newfound sense of humor is good.

:agreed:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hope we spend more time on Chris' stuff going forwards.

Now we're on the same page.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

GX update: beef stroganoff :pwn:

Boys don't know this,
but it doesn't even have to be beef:discourse:

I love that dumb song

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

we should all be thankful that Yumi doesn't have a Symphogear, because there'd be no stopping her

Season 5 plot: Yumi gets a Symphogear and goes mad with power

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFzen4F7VM
This is the most powerful thing in Symphogear

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 17, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
:siren: GENJUURO ALERT. GENJUURO ALERT. :siren:

He's the loving best

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 19, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The bodies are perfect because they're now cute girls instead of ugly, gross men, which is a truth I think we can all aspire to.

Uh I'm pretty sure Genjuuro is :perfect:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
If you're going to say Genjuuro can't be best girl just because he's the best father figure in history I'm gonna say that's pretty hosed up

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Subs for AZX 07 are up.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
The huffy one with the big, pink, cat-like ears

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

:wrong:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

The least interesting parts of every season are usually the climactic fights, since it's always just everyone combining their power and singing the OP.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm a big sucker for those kind of moments. One of my favorite things in any action anime is the bit is the 'climactic theme song powerup'.

In Symphogear, it's fun to get a big ensemble song and I enjoy the over-the-top X-Drive costumes & attacks. I really enjoy how, while all the X-Drives share an 'angel' theme, they each carry a character-specific touch: Tsubasa's giant wing-sword-skis being the most distinctive, but also how Chris' wings curve in like the butterfly-ribbons on her costumes, Kirika's are literally edgy, etc, etc.

That said, there's no need for X-Drive literally every season; I think it would be fine to skip this season, especially since we know we'll have a S5 so there's no danger of closing the show out without a big finale.

No skipping the concert, though :colbert: Give me another concert!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone else have problems playing commies episode 7? It won't play at all unless I skip forward a bit and then there's no sound. I'm using MPC which I guess is maybe getting a bit out of date but I haven't had problems with anything else yet.

Sorry, all I can say is 'works fine for me'. I use MPC as well, but I have very recent codecs.

What's some good non-Symphogear Nana Mizuki material? I love her voice.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

She's been in a lot of stuff. She's kind of doing her Tsubasa voice in FMA: Brotherhood, though her character is more supporting than main. Fate in Nanoha was her first big role and a lot of Symphogear is clearly born of Nana Mizuki going 'let's make a show that's kinda like nanoha' but Nanoha was so long ago that her voice is pretty different in that. Plus Fate is like 13 for the first two seasons.

I meant music, but it's cool to know that she was Lan Fan in FMA-Brotherhood!

PS, what is everyone's favorite song per character?

For me, it's probably:

Hibiki G-Beat (GX)
Tsubasa Gekkou No Ken (G)
Chris Makiyuu Ichiaval (S1)
Maria Ressou Gungnir (G)
Shirabe Melodious Moonlight (AZX)
Kirika Gokuren Igalima (G)

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 31, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

I also learned today that Adam was a real person and historical leader of the Illuminati.

But was he buff??

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

Maria definitely killed some people late in G. Chris is also indirectly responsible for the lives lost by the Noise she released; her activating Solomon's Cane in her backstory led to the attack on the concert, and everything after.

They can't change their past but they can CHANGE THE FUTURE

I loved that so much

Ed: gently caress it I loved this whole episode so much. I like that Symphogear isn't afraid to sing as loud as it can.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 5, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Lessail posted:

"killing alchemists was part of the big bad's plan last time, it surely won't happen again" - symphogears, probably

sweet robot voice: DATSLIFE

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

The Sandman posted:

Marathoning my way through the franchise. Made it to GX. I was not prepared for beef stroganoff.

boys don't know this

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

beef stroganoff is the pinnacle of human achievement

One half of me says it's this, the other half says it's "K2 adjusted to world's third-largest mountain"

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
My favorite bit about Genjuuro is that he always loosens his tie before he gets into a fight.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 7, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

yeah i wanted her to go full punished snake

If she did that it would drive Kirika to the edge of madness trying to be more Xtreme. We should be thankful it stopped there.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kirika isn't really that Xtreme.

In our timeline, sure. But no one's tried to out-accessorize her!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

fairly big property, which it just kind of isn't in the west.

I have found that if you try and explain Symphogear, even to people who are anime fans, it sounds like a fever dream of every single uncool thing about anime. Which, to be fair, it is; it's also fantastic.

Who wore it better?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

they should have had prelati actually bumping cars off the road or something instead of just saying she's a danger to people because ???. that way it'd make sense why tsubasa and shirabe would jump straight to trying to stop her no matter what. really weird bit of writing there, like the animators and writers weren't on the same page, or the animators didn't have time to put in some bits of prelati destroying stuff.

I think Tsubasa & Shirabe are on the same page: Mankind's universal language is violence. :killing:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

I don't like this. Get me out of here!

Ed: I know I said "give Dr. Ver a gear" but not like this! Not like this...

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 9, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I know it's cool to be like Tsubasa Shirabe but not like this! Not like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

That seemed...a bit abrupt, tbh. Curious to see where they're going with this.

It need scarcely be said that Miku had better get plenty of screentime trying to fix this.

Hey, I'm excited. I agree that it wasn't perfectly timed, but I'm happy they're shaking things up.

give Miku a gear Gungnir

• Locked thread