Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

one of them is a fully dressed adult, one of them is an adult, and one of them is fully dressed.

I am a fan of the one on the left. I am guessing she is Saint Germaine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

kirika is under arrest for being too edgy for society

And here I was thinking she isn't chuuni enough. Looking smug as heck, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aurora posted:

Yeah, haha...best friend...

Also yeah, season 1 gets a bit weird early on, but the later seasons don't have that sort of thing so much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

graybook posted:

One of the most fun Miku faces

Hail thirsty Miku.

Also yes, G is the best season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris is the eternal third wheel.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So Tsubasa is cheating on Chris with Maria? And while Chris is busy being a single mother, to boot. Shameful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

G has some great cliffhangers, but the one in this stretch of episodes where Hibiki punches a noise before even transforming and subsequently lets Dr. Ver know that he's come to the wrong motherfucking neighborhood is one of the best I've seen in terms of getting me psyched for the next episode.

It also had the rad opening to the ED playing over it, making it even better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I agree and it should come with a cool splash screen!!!

It's cooler that it doesn't.

Also you should watch at least the first 6 minutes of GX even if you aren't going to start on GX as a whole tonight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

The enemy team in G being a bunch of bumblefucks was the best thing about that season.

Everybody likes to root for underdogs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I assume that there must be a douj out there somewhere about the two astronauts in the beginning of GX.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Honestly, I felt it's a good thing the good guys got comparatively less screen time devoted to them and their myriad issues since that meant the bad guy symphogear user chucklefucks got more screen time and we got to focus on their myriad issues instead.

It's the one thing that really made the third season my least favorite. By that point the main cast of symphogear users is already pretty big and it seemed like the staff decided that each one gets an equal amount of screen time and character exploration/development, leading to things feeling pretty thin and rushed. Also meant any side character not named Miku barely existed and I assume it's why they decided to make the bad guy squad boring robot people that are totally okay to murder, because they wouldn't have the time to flesh them out either.

Did you just call Garie boring?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the song from the beginning of GX is probably my favorite in the series.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Endorph mentioned back when I was first watching G, and I'd have to agree, that it would have been really cool if when Hibiki gets her arm bitten off, she doesn't get it back from magical Symphogear bullshit but instead gets a robo arm instead. Would give the event more lasting weight and also look rad as hell.

I'll agree on that as well. Either robot arm or just not getting it back at all would've been cooler.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like the song, and that the alchemists still summon zoids.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Here is the new opening on its own. Who knows if it will stay up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3IQ62f0cg

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 27, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Didn't Elfnein and Carol like body merge at the end of GX. Carol was a pretty messed up kid so y'know some of that might have come through.

It's been a while but I think Carol is still separate, just she burned up all her remaining memories to save Elfnein. I could well be misremembering, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How much longer?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

If you're resorting to exaggeratingy point, then there's nothing left the say. It's not a matter of purity. It's just bad fan subbing.

But if you want a better example of how bad at this they are, there's the infamous time they tried to convince everyone that "eoten" was a real word.

Look at this guy, doesn't even know what an eoten is. It's a perfectly cromulent word.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Chris's speech patterns are coarse and rude most of the time.

Should they give her an obnoxious accent too?

Absolutely. I am torn between Brooklyn accent and valley girl, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

idgi

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe the season just started and Hibiki and Kirika are already cheating on their wives.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man the whole episode was packed with good stuff, but the one clear miss was no flashback to the teacher yelling "Tachibana-san!"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lobsterman posted:

Are those banana Noise (spoiler for maybe new Noise designs? I dunno) new or did I just miss them in earlier seasons? Because they were loving hilarious.

Pretty sure they're new, because South America.

Also the first half of the episode was like they played the first level of Revengeance and were like "Hold my beer."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Chris, have you been eating right? Kirika and Shirabe tell me all they ever see you eat is carbs and junk food."

A bit rude to criticize Aunt Chris when she left the kids with her to go off stalking Tsubasa.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought she was supposed to have a lisp or something, but that's cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

I can't stop watching ep 1. Help.

Also hyped for the new trio to get a full song.

TOO HYPE

I started rewatching the series as a result, and boy howdy I forgot how much of a creeper Ryouko was to Hibiki as well. And the part where Genjurou defeats Tsubasa's largest sword with one punch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Maria's apparent particle cannon new or did she have that in GX? I forget. Either way, her symphogear attacks are rising up the cool list, though Chris is still at the top.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Buy the blu-rays to save humanity.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope the eventual specials contain the adventures of pirate Fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Having just watched the specials last night, I'm hoping this season is more focused on Maria and Chris, which seems likely so far. I'm liking Maria's really varied attacks as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

I also like how the super secret ultimate weapon they found already broke in the episode its abilities were revealed. Also that the symphogears are a very credible threat to the alchemists from the get go, so both sides are gonna have to power up somehow, they'll have to outplay each other, or both.

Symphogear has always done a good job of showing the villains actually struggling rather than just kind of losing for no real reason. Fine had trouble getting past Genjurou, the G villains were on the back foot the entire time, and even when Carol initially wiped the floor with the symphogears she was paying a lot to do it and got wrecked by the turnaround powerup. Really only the autoscorers were a misstep.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, both Maria's song and the B team's trio song are great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Airgetlam is a fist full of knives and it's very cool

Wish it came with a cape though.

Midseason upgrade to knifecape.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if we will somehow see some time shenanigans this season with everything the alchemists are saying about retaking history. But really I just want pirate Fine adventures.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

I finished watching the first season. Unusual choice to have the protagonist of a magical girl show start off married but I can respect that. It was super great when absolutely everyone else failed to stop Durandal from driving Hibiki berserk and then Miku takes care of it with one word. :3:

Miku is extremely powerful you don't even know.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 14, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Trinity Resonance is the silliest attack yet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that Hibiki still thinks of Fine as Ryoko.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It will turn out the linker recipes are all obscured by Ver's doodles of himself as a symphogear and Elfnein just can't read anything under them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

commie is good because they tl'd the snake joke in the second ep

What was the snake joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Carol's reaction to him was also perfect.

"He just showed up and won't stop talking."

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 19, 2017

• Locked thread