Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

P excited for those costumes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat, I'd have to wait out a Stark Stash for Mr. Neto and even then it would wipe out my crystals.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Higher level combat rumbles are just not friendly. That being said I enjoy ripping poo poo up with Costumed Rulk.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gotta start stalking up on bios to feed to the next native T2 Xman!

I really kicked myself in the dick by not buying one Beast package from the sale. 2nd day where I'm blocked by getting him to 3 star and I refuse to use a 2 start ticket on him to save a day.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It was the butt

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Fire up the converter!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't know why but it didn't click with me until tonight that there's no limit on the X-Men stages, unlike the Strange stages.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Noice. Anyone else out there?

Added as Ridilla

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

After I 420ed Odin I stopped doing Co-Op and since then (Maybe a month, I don't know) I have $50m, so I'm happy to not have to eat up so many clear tickets for awhile.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow there is barely any challenges between 3 staring Storm and 5 staring Storm. Harsh.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I honestly have barely used any Urus. Probably because I don't care about timeline.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Urus are for extreme alliance battle and world boss ultimate. They're not for timeline

Shows how much I know! I do need help in WBU so I probably should fill them out.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They really need to do a better job balancing the X-Men stuff and blending it into the rest of the game a little better.

Also:

fart simpson posted:

You're missing that you can do more than 1 run of world boss per day. If you can clear 5 world bosses and 5 world boss ultimates per day you can get about 80-100 per day from that, plus about 100-150 or so from Shadowland every week, plus things like the dimension rift event going on right now which adds another 25-30 per day as long as the event is up.

lol, if you can clear WBU 5 times a day you probably don't have problems with resources

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I've tried it a few times, got my rear end kicked, and just walked away. I'm not really gonna bother until I have a stable of native T2s. Which isn't happening any time soon. I'm saving all my resources until Wolverine's done, which will be awhile. So the Black Order aren't getting any better.

I'm just sticking to getting more Level 60s for Shadowland. I've got Yellowjacket, White Tiger, Ant Man, Hyperion, and Bullseye the last week. I'll probably shift my Dimension focus to Wasp, and I don't know about Special and Story. Maybe an Inhuman just for something different. Probably Venom for story just because he's closest to done and all my options kind of suck now. Maybe Blade because I like him.

What does your roster look like now?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah it feels like maybe once a month I need to delete + reinstall.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thankfully I have an endless amount of 5 star tickets.

Just patiently waiting for cyclops to get to 3 stars...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yay I hit the crystal cap too today!

Don't forget you can get some from the converter in the lab.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For Strange on Story chapter 12:

5 Star, 2 Star (x4), 4 Star
Rinse, Repeat Until you win.

STAC Goat posted:

Speaking of, I've had no luck at all with Hellstorm. I've got him 4/17 and 6 Skill with an 8 iso set but he couldn't do a drat thing in Shadowland this week or help me at all in WBR. I've tried the Loki strategy of hitting the 5 for invulnerability, the 4 for the clone, and then running away. Doesn't work. I've tried going on offense and just hitting 5-4 as much as possible. No luck. What's the trick I'm missing?

Which levels are you using him on? He completely destroys on the Male Heroes one with Cap, Bucky, and Iron Patriot.

I usually lead with Satana though for the fire boost.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat Wolverine is a beast at 5 Stars. Solos a mid range SL floor no problem.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I get more excited for the Future Fight update than the movies now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

What're ya'll top tier WB teams these days? I've reached the point that the thing I'm really looking for is the ability to kill the boss by mashing buttons one handed without actually glancing at the screen, so daisy-wolf-prox has been retired for a while. On most of these I have to swap to the main DPS character but then I can do the rest with eyes closed.

For whatever reason:

1) Odin, Loki, Coulson
2) Sharon, Sif, Thor
3) Maw, Proxima, Corv
4) Strange, Ancient One, Mordo
5) Blackbolt, Fist, Medusa

Teams 1-4 tend to smoke them, 5 is a tad slower.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well the point also isn't for every player to have all the XMen and Jean T2ed two weeks after they're released. The grind is like half the gameplay and I'm okay with that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and had it set for Carnage but now I have no idea. I SHOULD horde it for X-Men but at 1 ticket a month that approach won't get me Jean until October. I'm not sure it's even worth it. I have no idea what to do.

Between now and October there will certainly be special events that reward T2 tickets. But then again by then a character might be released that you want more than Jean.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Today I became a man.

Edit: Was really nice to get 1500 crystals back immediately from Epic Quest.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 30, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat I'm an idiot and was forgetting to do the Mutual Enemy missions for the last 3 days. That's an easy 20 crystals a day.

They really didn't balance the Magneto bios well. You get more than enough pretty quickly through the Epic Quest to take him to T2 then you could also grind out like ~20 a day? Guess I'll be able to feed them into something.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

quote:

4. Epic Quest: Rise of the X-Men has been improved. Tracking Missions will now allow you to use Clear Tickets to clear immediately.

Yessssss

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm going to be fighting the urge to buy Anti-Venom. Disappointed in the Spider-Man uni.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I'm focusing on Lizard first.

I totally didn't realize how much more excited I am about the Spiderman rogues than say the New Avengers. Also given they didn't introduce a native T2 like Dormy/Odin/Thanos, and Jean has her own upgrade path, I feel I have the green light to dump all the BAM I've been hording on Dormy. (He's better to go with than Thanos, right?)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Get both Dormammu and Thanos. That's what I'm doing.

Well I just want to dump all my resources into 60ing one of them at a time.

Ramadu posted:

get odin first if you don't have him. but yeah, doormat is way better than thomas

Yeah I got 420ed Odin and he's the bomb

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

Why would you be fighting that urge

Great question, purchased.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Keke is looking for user feedback:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SNB8D3W

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This 50 Hidden tickets is just perfect timing. I'm still under for the first quest.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I'm leaning towards using it on Wasp to get her to 6* (and probably enough to get her to at least 4/17. I know I should use it on unfarmables and I have Silk and Red Hulk at 5* along with some randoms like Miles Morales and Jessica Jones, but I kind of don't care about the farmable/unfarmable distinction ever since I can get past Level 10 consistently in Shadowland. Plus we opened up the bios in our Alliance Store this week so I just feel like its easier to get those unfarmable bios now.

Except for God damned Singularity. I'm pretty sure I'll have to end up using tickets on her.

I'd go Red Hulk and work on getting him beefed up and get the costume. Super fun character and will be able to solo a SL floor for you.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This 300 bios selector is really putting a strain on my head. Be smart and use it on an unfarmable I don't give a poo poo about or just dump it into Sandman to quicken up farming Sinister 6? Hmmmmm Hmmmm.....

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Can I change the Quest pack i'm working on without harming anything? I have everything done in the one but 6 staring Inferno and I'd like to not waste all my Sinister Six grinding on that pack, but eventually go back to it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

2 things:

1: Has anyone else had trouble feeding bios to someone and having them go through? I've had the game reset to menu when feeding Odin bios or having them not go through, with the work-around being feeding the bios in stages instead of all at once. This has been a recent development since the last patch and I'm wondering if something broke then.

This bug was introduced with the Spiderman release. Basically one your selected bios are off the screen they are canceling, so you can do it in chunks as long as everything is within view.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Need a Huge Jackedman uniform and it needs to be the most powerful thing in the game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I've pretty much just got Hidden Tickets, Clear Tickets, and Energy. I can't complain about any of those but nothing as big as a 5* ticket.

This has been my experience as well.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wonder if they would do a new word boss with him plus the horsemen. It's too perfect. Keke delivers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Grinding Storm/Cyc/Rogue to 420 is quite the slog.