Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Those notifications have never worked, ignore them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

y/n? I think no?

Not that it hardly matters, but no

You're essentially asking if you should trade 6% physical damage for 1% scd

So most ppl would say no, most rational people would say it doesn't matter

REAL TALK: Civil War 3 is a fuckin trap because it cannot roll the trifecta of SCD/DPEN/AATK, it can only roll the two you have. This makes it a solid midway card but needs to be eventually swapped out because even a card with SCD/DPEN would be significantly better. Let me know if you need more info, my card nerd meta knowledge is strong

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

This guide is excellent and I reference it often

He just doesn't explain why he chooses the cards he chooses (don't need scd as primary roll because they're higher, dpend is worth much more than aa) so just want to make sure ppl aren't rolling the civil war cards when they could re-rolling like... groot/starlord/avengers

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

sure, let's go hog wild. I've been plateaued for a long while. What do you think I should be grinding on?

The only card in the ideal end-game set that has CDR native is the Loki card. Yours is a keeper for the time being because it has rolled the trifecta.

Next goal after that is usually to make sure you have the 5.4% SCD on all the rest of your cards, this will give you around 30% and allow you to never have to re-roll your 4th gear on characters ever again.

This is because anytime you have SCD on a native slot (e.g. your Marvel Zombies and Civil War) you're inflating the amount of SCD you'll have in the ideal set (because it's only Loki SCD native and rest all are off-main rolls) and so you'll have to jigger your 4th gear stats to reflect this.

(In fact, the reason the ideal set doesn't include native SCD cards is simply because native Ignore Defense is a better stat. 30% is enough for everyone to cap with lv24 Alliance. AA is last in priority because it scales the worst.)

Given all this, your targeted goals would be to replace Civil War 3, then Marvel Zombies, with a good end-game card that rolls SCD in it's non-native roll. These would be Starlord and Groot, most likely. These are better because you're essentially replacing SCD native rolls with DPen native rolls, which are just flat out better, and you want them native because native rolls nearly twice as high as off-native rolls. After that you're looking to also replace your Civil War 4 with an end-game card, usually Punisher 19.

Sum it up your broad goals are to replace cards that have SCD native (Zombies/CivilWar3) on them with quality cards that have Ignore Defense native (Starlord/Groot/Punisher19) and have also rolled off-SCD. You basically trade AA for Dpen, which scales better and is why when you look at all the top alliance players they never use Def Pen obelisks and prefer Crit Rate/Dmg if not ITGB/Elemental. A good card set should make Def Pen obos obsolete because you end up with ~40% dpen before you start adding Uru, uni, etc.

After that it gets much harder, because you're trying to reroll any version of these cards with a trifecta, meaning it'll roll Dpen native (except loki, but again you're done there for the time being) and scd AND all attack in the off rolls.

edit: some mistakes

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 5, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Network42 posted:

When does shadowlands close? It's closing sometime for the update, right?

It's closed 8-8 to 8-10, there are probably times if you want them too

King of the Hill is closed longer but who cares

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I've had my heart broken by so many potential speed gods but in this case I don't care, 2099 is a childhood fav and I'm hoping to mega him if he's worth anything at all

Very excited for this update!!

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Is Lash any good? I just want something to do with all these Chaos Tokens. Should i just waste them on the other prizes?

I spend all my chaos tokens on the gear chest because gear is had to come by and rules BUT I did max Lash out first because he's useful as a 30% energy lead for SL

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Are you kidding I refuse to even take his gears past 15 he's such trash

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

2099, don't be like some ppl and confuse quality of costume w quality of character

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

b0ng posted:

Sometimes I cannot even be assed to go past floor 15 for the bios.

There are bios after 15? Or was that just odd phrasing

Ever since SL changed I just stop at 15 cause :effort: and I only care about bios, so I would like to know if there were more past that

I'm pretty sure I have the roster to full clear but it takes like... 4x longer no so nty

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Can someone please explain why the hell this drat game fucks my phone up so bad?

I'm on a 7+ and this game literally makes my phone lock up and crash. Like right now I was running the game and someone called me and the phone completely locked up.

Its only this game that does it and I really can't figure out why.

Rebooting the phone fixes it for a few hours but after that its all down hill. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it for a few hours but then it starts doing it again. What the hell is going on here?

Also the game won't stay in the background for poo poo. Even switching to a text makes the game completely reboot.

All your symptoms sound indicative of the leak someone mentioned; does un-install/re-install really only fix it for a few hours? Because that's THE solution, and how long you're good for depends on how many updates you download (even the small patches). Maybe you did a re-install and it got patched or something? It just tends to bloat over time, growing more and more unstable with patches

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Not really.

If you're into upgrading uniforms it would be worth it, but only if it was for a character you planned on upgrading AND only if it unlocked one of the good stat slots

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

What was the maintenance for?

Netmarble posted:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We will be taking down the servers for a planned maintenance period. During this time you will be unable to access the game as the servers will be down. This maintenance will allow us to attempt a few back side changes as well as the following modifications:

1. Gear Re-rolling price changed from 1 Gold back to a normal price.
2. Fixed an issue with Spiderman 2099's skill cooldown time showing incorrectly with Deadly Rake (1★) and Spider Mirage (6★)
3. Server Stabilization
4. Shadowlands floor 13 Hit Point changes.

After the recent Shadowland changes, we have found that stage 13 was more difficult to complete than the floors around it. Due to this we are modifying HP of characters that appear on this floor so they are comparable to the difficulty of the stages around it.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Is there an easier way to get dimensional rifts to 100% other than hope and pray 2 other people join at the start and play the full time?

Get better friends, especially whale friends that are at least 0/7 total capacity; they always complete simply because people want the rewards. I see ~7-10 100% rifts any given night, I just hop in 3 or open my own and hop in 2... honestly 3 ppl have an easy time finishing one so leeches aren't even really a problem when your rift total player # is so high

Also if you're consistently completing them it kinda snowballs because people learn to do you rifts, mine go 100% if I pop them; I can clear out a friends spot for you if you want

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

jjef posted:

Any chance I could get in on this too?

Cleared you a spot, add Grummun; just let me know your name if it isn't jjef

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Let me know if you clear out another spot. I cleaned up my list a bit.

Always room for goons, I presumed you were MarcusSA and added you

jjef posted:

Thanks, I just sent you a friend request. My IGN is denki boy.

plainswalker75 posted:

I sent you a friend request.

Accepted!

OperatorAndroid posted:

I've got enough crystals for one more costume before the sale ends. Are there any must have costumes I should grab or just save the crystals? Only two I've got right now are Sharon's and Loki's and. Dr strange's costume looks good but I am a long way from finishing his quest. Others I was thinking of were Spider-Man, Elsa, or maybe antivenom just because I am a venom fan but if he's garbage I'll hold off. Thanks

Second The Dave's comments, I'd probably do Hobo Iron First or Anti-Venom, slight edge to The Fist

There are plenty of other good costumes but if you have so few, those are the 'large advancement' bang for the buck ones

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

My heart holds out for native speed god, always & forever

That said I'm so happy & excited; I love Quicksilver because Magneto and I love Apoc toooo :woop:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Anyone hear or know anything about Beast's costume?

I bought Cyclops because it was worth it as an avatar alone but haven't heard anything about Beast and I've been looking

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Basically boost is better for people that are able to 'pop in' and play a bit every 2-3 hours because that's how long it takes to cap out.

Hot time allowed people to dump a lot more energy in a lot less time, so less time spent playing the game but you're forced to play at a certain time

It's a wash for me but I'm adjusting; basically story/tracking are the worst and try to spend boost pts on other stuff like special/rifts

For me the worst part is I don't see myself completing rifts 3x / day which used to be easy, but for casuals it's easier to finish one for the 300k at least so again, a wash

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cinara posted:

Who's better?

AV is on an entirely different tier than Ironheart. She has full invul uptime but her damage is bad and no amount of gear/iso will fix it. This is a burst meta where mitigation doesn't exist (if you take damage, you explode instantly) so AV all the way baby (plus he's way cooler)

I cleared 3 friend spots for goons, I play everyday and am so good at this game please to be my friend

EDIT: poo poo forgot to say my IGN is Grummun

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 14, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Dave posted:

:( I've destroyed my iPhone's battery with this game.

Same, there is no emulation for iOS is there? Poor phone

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Dave posted:

So I'm embarrassed to ask, but exactly how does the Warwolf buff work? I've just never needed it, but now I'm stuck on Level 29 of Shadowland (Black Order) and it seems impossible, all I really have left is Wolverine plus some dudes to buff.

If he's T2, by simply being in the party he gives a crit rate dmg/buff. If you switch to him and use his howl ability, he buffs the party with all speed, all attack, and crit rate.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oh wow Quicksilver uses BAM? I just assumed all the mutants would use the mutie mats

Are Cable/Witch also BAM/CN?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

So Cable uses mutie mats?

o poo poo sniped

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

so does cable use feathers/crystals or what

edit: nm someone on reddit answered first, for shame goons

(yes, for anyone else interested)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Worked my way up to SL floor 29, still got Strange in my pocket but the deeps ain't doing it. Does he need ITGB, or can I ditch that for a recovery/attack obi? Also thinking I should use Hela leadership

He shouldn't need it, most people use Recovery; mine has always been RR/Invul but you can go dmg sure. I've never seen him interrupted, and most of his abilities fire off instantly anyhow

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Will the event store do that thing where it stays open after the tokens cant be collected anymore?

I want to hold on to them to buy more hidden tickets afterwards but also don't want to just lose them if the store just disappears entirely

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I had 290 I didn't spend (the rewards were poo poo, I only bought hidden tickets) and you scared the poo poo outta me

You can sell them

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dimension Rifts are very important not for the clear rewards, but just for the cards themselves

Nothing impacts the meta like cards, it is actually impossible to overstate their importance; and building good cards is a marathon, not a sprint

(Especially since we haven't seen the 2x 6* card deal in god knows how long; I still consider it probably the best deal in the game)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Whelp so I used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

I was teased by some forums poster that said he bought the new card pack and got the GotG card, so I wondered how much it cost... 675? That's less then the :10bux: I was expecting

Had a couple thousand just from the daily deal, what the hell:

WOW I wonder how it rolled:

loving TRIFECTA, YES bout TIME i got a lucky break in this game and I CLUTCHED THE GRENADE LAUNCEHR

Final stats, still not gr8:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

This game loving RULES you disgusting mutie

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I wouldn't...

If you have damage problems the first thing ppl should always check is getting Def Pen

Until it caps it scales better than anything in the game (for stuff that has mitigation, but that's all the hard stuff in the game)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Relatively, yeah, along with ITGB, etc. but you should get a handful each week just by doing Specials, so you should get them faster than you can upgrade them.

I know once I started locking them they really started piling up, but I've also had dry spells where I don't see any for a week+ so it's just RNG

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah that's the best guide. It's actually not super hard to roll a bunch of good cards, you basically want one of each on that best-of list and roll SCD as 2nd. You'll have no AA but your DPen and SCD will be fully stabilized, meaning you'll never have to reroll ppl's gears ever again (after the first time) and you're from then on just re-rolling versions of the same cards you have for AA as the trifecta roll

Also the only two ISO sets that matter in this game are Overdrive and PoAH, with Overdrive being the rare Groot% rare one, the only exception in the whole game is BP for Destroyer

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

You can't mega any native T2 uni, sorry

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Here is a haiku
Hoping to finally see
A viable Hulk

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Does anyone know, apart from Daily mission, where I can get chaos ISOs?

I'm fuckin so desperate for them. The only place I can think to get them is the Alliance Shop, but there I buy clear/card and besides doesn't it only reward like 1 or summat?

EDIT: doh, isos not norn

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 16, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

You don't get chaos norns from dailies that I know of so I'm a little confused but pretty sure it's: world boss, world boss ultimate, Shadowlands upper stages, high level converter in the lab (you have to feed it m'krans I think?) then just the occasional extra reward from boost points mega rarely? Alliance shop gets you 20 a day but the shop needs to be level 9. I think that's it?

You have a chance to get Chaos from Daily, there is no Chaos day but it's one of the more reliable ways of getting them in-game; especially now that the stats are fixed so you actually want a bunch and not just say... one 6* like you get from SL.

drat, so it looks like I was only missing Lab... I'll take a look at that, thanks

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

oh I think you meant to say chaos ISO's not chaos norns.

Whoops yes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

They show up in the store in the lab periodically and I get them randomly from Villain Siege and World Boss rewards

Item shop! There's an idea, thanks