Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A million times, no. Stop asking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That's a pretty sad room for a honeymoon. But then I guess that's what you should expect from someone who brings his friends along to play card games.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TheMadMilkman posted:

I'm so curious about these lineup photos. Who's making them? Where are they getting posted? Who are they trying to impress? Do they believe even 10% of what they put on them?

On the other hand, I probably don't want to know anything about it, because the answer is probably disturbing.

There was a funny one once. And then all the rest happened.

E: whiteyfats, keep doing your thing you've the hero we deserve

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evobatman posted:

I would like to point out that these people are outdoors, together with friends and other people with shared interests, listening to music they like, dancing, getting fresh air, moving their bodies, getting exercise, doing something they like and having fun.

While we're at home shitposting with one hand and alternating the other one between our genitals and the bowl of doritos.

Nah, I was at work.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

You know, with ur mom.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Guess what he got kicked out for.

Don't know if better if it were left outside neatly and ransacked by thieves, or if the person doing the kicking out tossed it all out like that. Golden either way

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol

Also I hope there was maybe a "gather this!" involved

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I didn't put 2 and 2 together at first and assumed he meant economic inflation. Was like, alright, I guess it's better than deflation so whatever but that's a weird thing to list among your likes and stuff

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

You should see him at 138.

:golfclap:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The dude owns

Pick posted:

Men are supposed to have hair and I don't see why women like me should dislike it.

timefly posted:

It's just not in style, I suppose, but it always made sad when guys were all apologetic about their back hair or whatever. Like it's somehow inherently gross. Love me some hairy mans.

Eh, I'm not apologetic about mine anymore, too old for that, and my fiancee certainly doesn't care, but I ask her to help shave it in the summer anyway. Much more comfortable. Mine isn't nearly as bad as that gif, but you'd be surprised how much difference it makes.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Not sure if actually owns.....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Being yourself is enough.

But be sure to cover yourself all the gently caress up thanks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bonapartisan posted:

Omg calm down.

It's Mayra Rosales in 2008 at approximately 1,036lbs. Her sister accused her of killing her 2-year old nephew with an accidental blow to the head, but it was determined (obviously) that Rosales couldn't even lift her arm. The sister actually did it. Rosales is better now.

Good for her, seriously. That's a huge change.

But you know it's still a wreck under that dress.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Roblo posted:

Our south is kinda in the north.

Was just in Queensland last week. Checks out.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Pokemon is classic? wut

Pokemon is old enough to drink.

I don't know if that makes it classic and don't have any opinion on the matter really, but I'm pretty sure it's closer chronologically to the beginning of the modern video game industry than it is the present time.

Intoluene posted:

I thought WA was our "south". Although, the banana benders do get rowdy this time of year...

I was just passing through to board a ship and don't know what a banana bender is. And now that I look it up, what exactly is the etymology of that?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Megabound posted:

We grow a lot of Bananas in Queensland, and bananas have a bend in them.

That's far more boring than I was hoping for. Way to disappoint, Australia.

also I didn't see any bananas, only loads of sugar cane

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Aug 7, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

first the walmart be a school shooting hero display and now this, lol.

I hate to defend Walmart, but I half expect that to be revealed to be the work of a prankster or even the photographer him/herself

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

Edit: oh yeah and apparently Amazon and other places like Domino's take BC as payment as well? I haven't looked into it cause I like to stay away from pyramid schemes.

I don't think any major companies or retailers accept them as bitcoins. At best they may accept them through some third party that does the conversion to actual currency at checkout.

I'll admit I wish I'd had the foresight to mine a bit back when it was something you could run in the background on your normal computer and still bank a solid sum instead of mocking it relentlessly, but I still stand by the only thing it being good for is selling to gullible idiots.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Seriously. They were good looking dudes and would have probably been still really handsome as old-ish men.

He's asking her to marry him, but she's already in a wedding dress....

Did she already just marry someone else? Is she one of those crazy bitches that is so marriage obsessed that she already owns a wedding dress and wears it all the time? No, something doesn't add up here...

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

om nom nom posted:

Holy poo poo. Take this guy out back and shoot him.

I couldn't find any info about his sentence, but God willing he's in prison getting his teeth kicked in on a daily basis.

according to https://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

quote:

THADDEUS LEWIS MCMICHAEL
Register Number: 46844-039
Race: Black
Sex: Male
Located at: Milan FCI
Release Date: 10/09/2018

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It was also federal. Could be more lenient sentencing guidelines than had it been state.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

My dad sometimes wore a fedora but then he also wore a suit every day to work and was like 50 so :shrug:

I'm not saying he looked particularly cool but it didn't look silly. Now the leather trilby he wore in the 60s, on the other hand...

e: Oh I forgot my point it's that hats never look good with informal clothes.

I assume you mean just douchey nerd hats and not just hats in general. Various caps (baseball, tuques, etc.) look perfectly fine with informal clothes.

But when hats every day was a thing, there were certainly hats that looked perfectly fine with some informal clothes within the context of the fashion of that time period. Picture a suburban 50s dad standing out in front of the grill in his knit sport shirt and narrow-brimmed woven hat. Different hats for different occasions. And I imagine someone back then would have looked just as retarded wearing the wrong hat for whatever attire as someone does wearing any of those hats with any attire today.

There's no all-purpose hat just as there's no all-purpose shoe or jacket or shirt or anything else. It's not hats' fault. Hats are fine in some contexts, they're just rarely fashionable. And that's what it ultimately boils down to, these nerds just not understanding fashion.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

The English language probably doesn't make as clear a distinction between hat and not-a-hat as Finnish. A baseball cap is not a hat in my culture.

Maybe it does and I'm just failing to make it. I've always sort of thought it to be an all caps are hats, but not all hats are caps kind of thing.

But fair enough either way.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

"Old-timey movie stars were classy and cool, therefore according to ~logic and rationality~ if I dress up like them, people will think I am classy and cool."
:goonsay:

Hmm.... I mean, when you put it that way.

Francis Drake was probably baller as gently caress. BRB going out to buy a doublet and ruff.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

rodbeard posted:

It's loving bizarre even for bronies. One guy made fanart of a fat pony one and an entire subculture popped up focused on torturing and murdering it.

What I find kinda weird but don't want to investigate any further is that they don't even look like ponies anymore. It seems to have mutated into something else entirely.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I read those posts yesterday, and just being reminded of them is putting me off this sandwich.
Primal revulsion kind of deal

I think the baby talk is a huge aspect of it. Same reason ~cummies~ absolutely turns my stomach.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cyberia posted:

If cummies are turning your stomach you need to ask your daddy to eat some pineapple uwu

well played.

Also, I'm stinkeyeing the poo poo out of you right now

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

The thing that gets me about these friendzone, incel, fedora wearing guys on dating sites is that they never seem to have any hobbies that aren't "video games, anime, and thinking". They're so bad at selling themselves that they either try to cow women into submission with their huge intellect (lol) or they go the pity route and talk about how every girl they've ever known has been repulsed by them. I'm surprised there isn't a Wikihow page on "how to get women interested in you" with one step that reads "become interesting".

They never bother to actually demonstrate their claimed intelligence either. Or any sort of effort or ambition. It's always just "everyone is so frightened and envious of my herculean intellect that I was cast out from the educational system as they were unable to handle one so able as myself of dismantling their foolish and childish notions of the ways of the world, and so I must deign to work as a cashier at K-Mart (because mom said I have to have a job if I want to continue living at home)".

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GoingPostal posted:

Just going off his looks (without letting his opinions ruin it all), I'd give him a partial pass. Yeah, there's the fedora, but he went to the effort of putting together an outfit that's period appropriate, instead of wondering whether his black fedora goes better with his Rarity or his Hatsune t-shirt.

I wouldn't. Zoot suits were never cool, even when they were a thing. So unless he's cosplaying a tool at some period-themed function, it's still awful. And as it looks like he's dressed for a school dance, he gets no pass in his rented bad decision.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was going to mention Cab Calloway, but I guess it was him that was cool, not the zoot suit.

Yeah, Cab was cool despite the zoot suit. It's like the hat thing. Some people look cool or good in spite of it, never because, and those people would probably be cooler/better looking without.

EmmyOk posted:

He's just auditioning for Danny Dyer's Chocolate Homunculus

Nice.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm compelled to ask by morbid curiosity, but what image inspired the thread title?

Some dude dusted his brown-hued fuckdoll with cocoa powder, so as not to look ashy as it would have with talc or whatever they normally use, presumably, and it got et up with bugs. I think it was just a screengrab of some forum post somewhere.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

quote:

Early on a web developer they brought on to help build the site tried to stealthily delete everything after Gazin declined to go on a date with him.

but also

quote:

In its first year, Witchsy has sold about $200,000 worth of this art, paying its creators 80% of each transaction

with a split like that they'd better also be covering the actual production of whatever stuff they're selling

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

Didn't he also end up getting cancer because the microwave he was using was this ancient one from the 70s or 80s?

I'm no radiologist (though I am engaged to one), but I think the cancer is probably unrelated. Microwave radiation is non-ionizing and AFAIK there's no link between the two.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sometimes I find it frustrating that my internet connection out here at sea doesn't really have the bandwidth to support video. Now is not one of those times.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sludge Tank posted:

Hey cool what you doing out there? I was 10 years in the merchant.

Scientific ocean drilling. We're coring in the Tasman Sea at the moment.

e: How about you? That 10 mostly in one gig, or did you sail a lot of different stuff?

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Sep 3, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sludge Tank posted:

Scientific drilling for oil or csiro.

I did 10 years all over the place, ferries, offshore, bulkies and tankers. Did 5 years on the antarctic run doing science / resupply stuff. Good fun .

Just rocks and mud. Specific objectives vary by expedition though. We're a research vessel, NSF funded program, and as we don't have a blowout preventer, we definitely don't want to hit oil or gas.

And 5 years crossing the southern ocean, I bet you saw some nasty poo poo.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Of course it's a Walmart.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

text me a vag pic posted:

if you got a kittie you should

:suicide:

That's actually a bit surprising since whatever it is on his left arm appears to have been reasonably competently done.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

The degeneration of the bulldog is one of the saddest things I've seen. You look at how they used to be compared to the brain damaged weak immune system blobs they are nowadays and you weep for the future when they turn into the canine equivalent of fluffy ponies.

My fiancee is a veterinarian, and at the very top of her long list of dogs we will never own is bulldog. They're a mess. It should be a crime to keep making those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

His dad is 5'2" and got laid though?

At least twice.

• Locked thread