Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yaaaay :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Leperflesh posted:

I dunno if this is even the successor to the death thread or what but I wanted death thread goons to know the cat got adopted today. So that's good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what cat

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I dunno if this is even the successor to the death thread or what but I wanted death thread goons to know the cat got adopted today. So that's good.

YAY!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Leperflesh posted:

Good rear end news!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yea I'm not from the death thread but tell us about this cat

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Cat was hosed up and he nursed it back to health.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Leperflesh posted:

Good news. Does he still have complications or costs associated with his injuries or is he good as new?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My wife and I rescued a half-dead cat. He had a broken jaw, a horrible wound on his rear/scrotum/etc that was covered in maggots, and was starving and weighted like 6 or 7 pounds. Also he has FIV.

Now he has all his weight back, his fur back, is neutered, his jaw was wired and is fully healed, he's super friendly and affectionate and playful, and he got adopted yesterday by a nice lady who teaches high school English and just wanted a companion.

We ran a gofundme and goons from the death thread, combined with people on facebook, donated $900 towards his medical costs, which in the end covered about three quarters of his vet bills. Our local cat rescue org covered a lot more stuff, including all of his medicine, his neuter op, and some minor surgery on his eyelids.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Good news. Does he still have complications or costs associated with his injuries or is he good as new?

He's as good as one could ask of an FIV cat. He'll always be at risk of infections and stuff, and eventually that will probably get him, but he could easily live 10+ more years.

Here is a recent photo.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

That blep. :3:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

My wife and I rescued a half-dead cat. He had a broken jaw, a horrible wound on his rear/scrotum/etc that was covered in maggots, and was starving and weighted like 6 or 7 pounds. Also he has FIV.

Now he has all his weight back, his fur back, is neutered, his jaw was wired and is fully healed, he's super friendly and affectionate and playful, and he got adopted yesterday by a nice lady who teaches high school English and just wanted a companion.

We ran a gofundme and goons from the death thread, combined with people on facebook, donated $900 towards his medical costs, which in the end covered about three quarters of his vet bills. Our local cat rescue org covered a lot more stuff, including all of his medicine, his neuter op, and some minor surgery on his eyelids.

He's as good as one could ask of an FIV cat. He'll always be at risk of infections and stuff, and eventually that will probably get him, but he could easily live 10+ more years.

Here is a recent photo.

good work mate :)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Leperflesh posted:

Here is a recent photo.

:woop:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Good cat

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
If it's tongue hangs out ok like that all the time it's been improved 🤗

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
:perfect:
Death thread is now the life thread.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah he doesn't always stick out the tongue, but he does it fairly often. His jaw isn't shaped exactly the same as before; we actually had to have one of his upper incisors filed down a bit because it was digging into his jaw and caused an abscess. But I think the tongue thing isn't that: he has always been a bit of a mouth breather, probably due to chronic nasal infection/blockage (now cured) and it's just kind of his habit to sit with his mouth open a little. It makes him look really dopey and cute.

Here he is not doing it

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Soggy Chips posted:

:yeah:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah he doesn't always stick out the tongue, but he does it fairly often. His jaw isn't shaped exactly the same as before; we actually had to have one of his upper incisors filed down a bit because it was digging into his jaw and caused an abscess. But I think the tongue thing isn't that: he has always been a bit of a mouth breather, probably due to chronic nasal infection/blockage (now cured) and it's just kind of his habit to sit with his mouth open a little. It makes him look really dopey and cute.

Here he is not doing it

That cat is good a/f

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

That cat is good a/f

:agreed:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im glad the scruntcat was rehabilitated

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad the deaththread cat has found a home, he seems like a good cat

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:radcat:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:3:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
You fool, that mouthbreathing cat has the makings of a star!!!

:wotwot::20bux::retrogames::parrot::20bux::cocaine::retrogames:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Soggy Chips posted:

mods please rename thread

Tia

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
that's a good cat

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, i've gone slightly more mad, it seems.

"Of course, we're going to need a sample..."

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Irate Tree posted:

So, i've gone slightly more mad, it seems.

"Of course, we're going to need a sample..."

nice sexbot

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
That looks rad as hell. Is it an actual unit, or just random conversion?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just some random conversion. I've had the idea kicking around in my head for a while and finally decided to give it a try. When it's done, it's going to be looming over some poor Kroot that took a wrong turn one day.

Percelus posted:

nice sexbot

Ribbed for her pleasure... Who am I kidding, it's for me. It's my pleasure.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It reminds me of the Engineer race from Halo. Bulbous floaty-thing with tentacles that probably inspects and repairs equipment.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had Quintessons from Transformers in mind, myself :)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
very cool conversion

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Cross postin' from the 30k thread

Lord Twisted posted:

gently caress your fliers (although I'm using this in Centurion, shhhh)

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Twisted posted:

"Murder-boat, murder-boat. Does whatever murder-boat does."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

nice tits

hard counter