Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Please ensure that all race/army descriptions in the OP are properly referenced with images of pregnant members of that race/army. You don't want new players becoming confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

Pregnecron is unsurprising, yet confusing.

I'm 100% positive that someone out there has written a fluff justification for it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

LuiCypher posted:

One of my favorite things that my friend came up with is an entire Ork tribe that present themselves as female (despite Orks having no gender) because they've fought nothing but Sisters of Battle for generations. After fighting them for such a long time, the Orks decided that they were ded 'ard compared to just about any other 'humie and so try to emulate them in dress (boob plate and all) and combat style in order to imitate/surpass their strength.

It's plausible. In AoS, Lizardmen pretty much exist to fight Chaos (Khorne specifically) and this pisses the Orcs off to no end, because when the orcs try to fight them, the lizards fall back, rather than waste their energy on a fight they don't want. The Orcs got the bright idea of fashioning and painting their armor to look like Chaos Warriors in order to trick the Lizardmen into fighting them.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Why doesn't it say "The holy scripurrs?"

It does now.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

panascope posted:

I hate cats, and indeed all animals

You are an animal*. Do you hate yourself as well? :iceburn:

*Unless you are a robot**.

**Unless you are a skeleton, like Moola***.

***Or a vegetable or mineral.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

panascope posted:

I'm the goblin stripper popping out of the cake

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

panascope posted:

Photoshop the hourglass shape out of that armor and it's a 10/10.
Here you go - I had to do a bit of recoloring to make things match up, and added a helmet for obvious tactical reasons, but you've got your female Space Marine without houglass figure or boobplate now. Enjoy!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

I love you, Lady Scrunt. I assume you're a lady, considering you have long hair.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Moola posted:

did you just assume my scrunt???!

I assume everything and nothing.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Don't they have those reverse knees like birds?

It's more like an extended ankle.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

*sigh* FINE

this one is for moola

Someone has been skipping chest day.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads.

That's every GW model now, not just Orks.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.
Sorry, you're wrong. The new Ork bikes are way awesome.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm so sorry about your Stockholm syndrome.
Yeah, I guess you're right. This:

is vastly superior to this:

I'm just slobbing all over GW's nob over this one.

Atlas Hugged posted:

A big appeal of the Gorkamorka bike is that it didn't have the side guns, it was just a dude on a bike with a pistol.
You realize this was a choice, right? Someone left the guns off, because the kit came with the side guns.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 17, 2017

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

I habe the feeling that the very different quality of painting makes this post a tad disingenuous :v:

That being said, the second bike rules imo

I honestly tried to find an image of an old Ork bike that was larger than a postage stamp, but couldn't. I thought about the painting disparity, but decided to post anyway, as the image sizes were pretty close.

I mean, there are parts of the old bikes that I liked, and I still have a pile of them in the basement ready for GM. That said, the newer bikes are just better.

EDIT: Found one:

Better paint job, still not a better model than the new bikes.

Atlas Hugged posted:

The first bike is Rogue Trader era. The second is a conversion that borrows design elements from 2e and Gorkamorka, such as the trakks.
Good lord, it's a FW Nob bike, not a conversion.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 17, 2017

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Sorry, this bike rules

Didn't say it was bad, just that new ones are better. But, as Atlas Hugged likes to point out, it is a conversion, so I guess it's discredited?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm sorry I don't have extensive knowledge of the GW range not mentioned on their website.

Also if it was a conversion it wouldn't count. Anyone can make an awesome conversion and it has nothing to do with the models being sold.

"Good lord" was more my frustration with your response, as opposed to you not knowing the entire GW line. I don't think the older bikes are terrible - it's mostly their riders that suck and make the entire model look bad. But, the new bikes are ramshackle and spiky, and are proper Orky.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

All Ork bikes are good bikes except that first one berzerkmonkey posted

I can agree with that assessment.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

b/c they are actually all perturabo's boiz

Perturabros.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
If you can find them, the old WFB Cursed Company had a couple of Orc skeletons of the undead variety. Recasts pop up on Ebay pretty often.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

These are real.

EDIT: I'm the checkered kneeplate.

I really hate those skids. They serve no purpose that the Marine's feet or the GIANT FREAKING JETPACK can't perform. Is three inches of hydraulic suppression really going to make a difference to someone dropped from orbit?

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

You have all done me an incredible disservice by not telling me about this https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Skulls-2017

How is it that you missed it? I think it's been in every other GW related thread.

• Locked thread