Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
It says series X on the packaging?

FWIW i thought it was the worst CoD campaign in a long while, and I loved Black Ops Cold War, wouldn’t buy it again even for 10 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's the One code running on Series X

Stupid newbie question: How do you tell if games actually are making use of the Series X?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for the explanation, I‘ll be careful now. I mean it‘s great they’re supporting older gens this long but talk about false uh labeling :psyduck:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I just realized I missed not only one Gears of War but actually 3, 4 and 5 of those that seem worth playing - is it worth playing them for the SP or should I just skip to 5?

Thought 1 was good and 2 was amazing, am enjoying Tactics right now

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

I was in your exact shoes and skipped straight to 5. Also quit halfway through because it’s just not that impressive anymore personally. More Gears with a dumb sailboard in a level hub. Something happens after that but I’d seen enough.

Ya thanks, I started playing 3 and will probably just skip to 5 if I can get my buddy to join in unless it gets much better by the end of act 1 of Gears 3.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I’m probably missing something re: plague tale but I gave up on the first big stealth sequence where they stop holding your hand, probably gonna give it another shot on narrative mode because it’s very pretty indeed.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

That’s one of the big new features and some people are mad that they gotta play different weapons to unlock what they want lol. I like it because you can unlock some attachments across weapons (like scopes)

It’s so much better than Vanguard in general

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

You can upgrade the whip so it goes both ways :eng101:

(I wondered literally the same thing)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Gungrave suuuuucks wow. Which is a shame because the optics/gore are kind of fun but it’s exactly like that person said.

At least it’s one super easy achievement on gameplay launch and if you’re lucky another one when you hit the 100 combo which is doable in the second or so encounter. But yeah uninstalled right after because who thought that multiple second delay between shots was fun??

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

GotG was a fun easy romp, I think I even paid full price and didn’t regret it.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Which is still fine because Eternal was loving stellar (also I haven’t played the original SW so the nostalgia ghosts can’t get me), gonna give it a shot when it drops. No date yet huh

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I keep reading it has the same internals as the regular controller apart from like the battery but I love mine, feels a lot heavier and sturdier than the regular one. I bought it because for a while in 2022 it was super hard to get regular controllers and it’s held up well so far. I even bought another one used as backup for €80 too :v: the features are neat but I wish you could tighten the sticks a bit more. I can never get used to the paddles but i love switching out the stick/pad things and the case/charging station is neat.

What’s been happening lately is random brief disconnects but I don’t know if that’s a controller issue, an elite controller issue or a general Xbox issue.

e: if presented with the choice i’d probably go with custom colors too, now, yeah

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

What’s warranty etc like where you live? In Germany we have like two years out of the gate but you’d need the receipt if the seller still has it.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a known issue with the Xbox elite 2 controller audio port interfering with bluetooth or is the connection just crap? I’ve checked all the updates etc but lately it keeps disconnecting (one time very comically as I jumped off a skyscraper but didn’t have my parachute deployed yet in CoD) like once or twice every half hour, seemingly at random. I’ve already sent it in once and the replacement has a similar issue on top of the audio jack only working when you insert it slowly. It’s mildly infuriating. Resetting hasn’t helped.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

might be a little different but It Takes Two is absolutely fantastic.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

awesome, I was this close to buying a cheap copy of GTA V to try out the current gen stuff (I think I played it on PS3 last)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Shooting at the range has been weird yeah but otherwise it feels pretty good and the detail is unreal, even if the graphics don’t quite blow me away anymore. But once you realize what’s all going on at once…

and when quick resume works it’s :dudsmile:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

HDR owns in GTA V, those sunsets gently caress

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oh poo poo enhanced Quake 2 is coming to Gamepass day one

https://twitter.com/idlesloth84_/status/1687119986471706625?s=46

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Isn’t multiplayer latency on cloud gaming technically better and potentially an actual advantage?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Man the compass function and the accessibility poo poo is neat. Captions were such an exception for the longest time and while there’s barely any dialogue in quake 2 I love to finally be able to understand it. Did it already have the hit markers in the original? I’m 99% sure that was a CoD4 era invention.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Thank you, this is a really cool accessibility feature.

I only found out because I was curious about the tutorial :v:

A tutorial. In a Quake game.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Broforce is stupid fun, don’t know why I expected something like guitar hero from the name/art lol

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Now that you mention it I was expecting the recoil so much I corrected for it the moment I got the MG :v:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

those where you have to play a game and get like 250 points are pretty solid imo, sometimes getting me to check out random games, plus 50 points per achievement per day isn’t too shabby either. Far cry from financing me game pass but takes a decent chunk off those games that I do buy.

I just can’t keep those streaks going, I keep forgetting to open the rewards app :argh:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Isn’t there something in the accessibility menu for that? You’d expect a first party title to be on top of that

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Beastie posted:

So after putting it all back together it still crashed. I have it standing upright 100% of the time. I figured why not lay it on its side? It crashed even sooner. That right there pretty much tells me it has to do with the GPU getting too hot.

How’s the ventilation? Is it free all around? Can you point a fan towards it and see if that alleviates it?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah but also feels kind of stiff, I was expecting more FOV (or whatever you call it) sway/head bob. But it is very very pretty to look at.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Idk how credible it is but people are claiming activision/xbox is gearing up for Gamepass:

https://twitter.com/idlesloth84_/status/1706051805287747796?s=46

Tl;dr: Brazilian gamers are getting popups when purchasing cod that they can play it for free on Gamepass or purchase it to forever own

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Supposedly a final decision or whatever is expected around October 9-13 or something and supposedly you’re gonna see a lot of older games on Gamepass right away and newer ones a bit later

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Started State of Decay 2 on account of the achievement thing for rewards and it’s a lot of fun, I’m building a lot of sneaky scavenger characters and it rules even if the graphics are a little mediocre? Does hand out achievements like candy too. Takes a bit to get you 75 kills but I dig the gameplay loop.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

It’s an EA game, those come to Ultimate after ~6 months I think. There might be exceptions like the Star Wars games or something.

I was gonna say, I'm still waiting for Jedi Survivor :mad:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Supposedly MW3 was originally add-on content for MW2 so that’s why that part is fucky. And yes 144 GB is pretty normal, at least it doesn’t have the PlayStation bug circa Cold War where you couldn’t update if you had at least twice the space for the update (which always was the size of the game itself so 🪦 if you had any other games installed at all).

Single player is really forgettable story wise, I hear MW2019 is much better and MW2022 was a bit better for sure. If you’re in it for multi you get kind of a solid package yeah. Zombies is fun and chill!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Still no Jedi Survivor. Boo.

Brotato is surprisingly fun however despite basically being a flash game. I don’t mind other games copying the VS formula, gimme gimme gimme

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for the Battlefield Hardline tip, despite being from 2015 it looks pretty deece and somehow scratches that CoD itch. Especially love the thing where you thin out a room by arresting people and then have a shootout with the leftovers. Always had the game in the back of my mind but when one of the newer battlefields (not sure which one, I think the WW1 one?) played like poo poo, I sorta forgot.

Also Super Hot is good as heck.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The last Uncharted game’s addon sort of tried an open world thing (more like a hub „world“) and it was pretty great, also visually stunning. Great bookend after the so-so 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oh thats coming to Game pass may 30