Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Can't wait to play Blinx the Time Sweeper on my new console that costs literally twice what the base model of the same console costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

The Toilet Chronicles (TBA)

This is actually a documentary about the history of the Xbox One so far.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

This is the best year for games in like 10 years

......... on every platform except Xbox.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll pick it up since it's $11 on Amazon for the Day One Edition. It's still $20 on Steam.

EDIT: Lords of the Fallen was $9. What the hell why not.

Please stop buying bad games/consoles.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fishmech posted:

Cuphead owns first good exclusive on any console since 2011.

It's on PC as well.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

89 posted:

Well, in the present tense:

- 4K, HDR is awesome
- Microsoft has realized the mistakes they’ve made in the past and are going over and beyond with the launch of the Xbox One X in giving consumers what they want. Then doing a great deal in customer service in updating old Xbox 360 games and even recently having some limited original Xbox BC.
- The original Xbox One launch was...5 years ago?
- Everything runs best on Xbox One now. Even poo poo that isn’t “supported” or patched yet. Xbone games with uncapped FPS or dynamic resolution is seeing drastic graphical improvements without patches, being able to tap into some of the Xbox One X’s powerzzz
- My PS4 is only used for the awesome PS exclusives
- Suck it, broke nerds.

-Not a single one of their exclusive games is of any interest to anyone and that is why they are doing so poorly.

The PS4 has like 3 or 4 exclusive contenders for GOTY and the Switch has a similar amount.

The Xbox probably had another unremarkable entry to Forza, Gears and Halo series. I legitimately don't know.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 4, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

89 posted:

I just put in Gears of War 3...

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmmLLYK87jYOhuZ1lz9T7KhHHJJ7Yg

THATS A loving XBOX 360 GAME :aaa:

gently caress yeah!

Brand new console to play a mediocre game that came out in 2011!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Utnayan posted:

A lot of games I guess. Fallout 3, (Maybe New Vegas?) Oblivion, etc.

Games from 2006 and 2008 are all that Xbox owners have to look forward to.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I legit didn't know that 4K Bluray is a thing and i think the last (only) Bluray disc i bought was Planet Earth.

It joins my extensive Bluray collection of the free copies of LA Confidential and UFC Best 100 Fights that i got for pre-ordering stuff at Gamestop years ago.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guillermus posted:

Spain will do. We'll start bombing catalonia, but miss and hit Andorra, some french will get pissed and destroy a few spanish fruit trucks that had Germany as destination. Germans get pissed and invade UK and so...

Anyways, on a more serious thing, the Xbox One can do a thing that the PS4 can't: use a Lamborghini as gamepad to play Forza (ps4 users can't because GT is a joke).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paZII8HUAg

Oh look, it's the good Xbox game.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kirios posted:

Finally got a Xbox one with Forza. I'm gonna get rare replay... What else are good exclusives to grab (not on PS4 or switch)

You have the good exclusive already.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love it. I had a one S and liked the upgrade on that one a lot, but it felt very incremental. The X makes games scream, and on a good 4K tv the enhanced games are just really, really good. I think like I said above, the ones like Halo 5 that got 4K 60fps is an experience I haven’t had on a console ever before.

Netflix and Hulu and all the other 4K streaming services, and the blue ray player, are just a big plus.

Maybe one of the biggest things is that the UI finally feels right. The console is fast enough to make the UI super smooth, and it just finally feels the way it was probably always meant to feel.

It’s definitely worth the money.

You bought three separate revisions of the Xbox One.

Why?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wernox posted:

I did as well.

I had a launch day concole. Last year Target had a 1 TB S with battlefield one for $299, but you got 20% off if you used their payment card so that made it $240. That let me use the new xbox while moving the launch day one to my kids room. Then I bought an X, moved the S to my kids room and moved the launch day to my Dad's house so we can play Forza online.

Well, fair play to you.

At least you are playing the good Xbox game

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I played about 6 hours of PUBG on PC and had enough.

It's an aggressively unfun game.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheScott2K posted:

Some of y'all dropped some serious money on VR poo poo huh

People in this thread bought a more powerful version of the Xbox One.

Think about that for a minute. That's like someone with cancer trying to get infected with HIV as well.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

poo poo, I thought it was going to be a game.

Wrong console if you're looking for games.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Imagine how excited you'd all be if there was some new games available for this thing!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CitizenKain posted:

Even the SP sounds hilarious broken right now. Eurogamer mentions the UI just disappearing and npcs clipping through walls and the ground.

It occasionally rains zombies.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

/fixme

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo how is gears 4 not a laughing stock of a game with a fat necked nathan drake protag and combat that hasnt evolved since 2006?

Binary domain is like a jillion times better than this campaign so far.

Most people don't even realise it was released.

You can apply this to pretty much all the latest entries in all of MS exclusive franchises.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

oh right have we heard a single thing about the cloud based multiplayer poo poo in the last... 3 years?

It all sort of fell apart once people started pointing out that using the power of The Cloud for the psychics in your multiplayer game was a bad idea because some people have bad internet which means the game would be a stuttering disaster whilst it tried to figure out how a building blew up.

Then they said that multiplayer wouldn't have the cloud based destruction thing and it would only be for single player.

Then they had a 2 minute long teaser trailer with Terry Crews that showed zero gameplay footage.

Now it's delayed until next year at which point it will probably be cancelled.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don’t think Sony can win after that show

They could show a single new exclusive game and win.

MS basically just gave 2 hours of free advertising to a bunch of multiplatform games that people will buy for their PC/PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mung Dynasty posted:

Can somebody teach me how to like Nier: Automata? I want to like it; I love realtime action RPGs.

But after the intro section I got bored running across deserts and holding down RB and dodging a lot.

I played it when it came out on PS4 and thought it was deeply mediocre and then they expected me to play it again but slightly different to get the rest of the game so i downgraded it to 'poo poo'.

I also played it right after Yakuza 0 and HZD so that didn't help.