Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

. Though What I really want is Halo games to be added. I've never played beyond MP in Halo 1 and 3, and i'm curious to actually play the story.

To... Gamepass? You know they're all in the Master chief collection right? Halo 5 is there as well. You can buy ODST for €5. The only one currently missing is Reach, although apparently that's getting added.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

No, but it is coming to Xbox Game Pass on PC. And if you want to play MCC early then you can go to https://www.haloinsider.com and sign up to test the game.

Didn't realise this thread was for game pass windows as well! Good to know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Enloops or get the ikea ones, they're the same basically.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone know if my elder scrolls Oblivion game pass saves will work if I buy the anniversary edition for 360 to get the DLC on the cheap?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Healbot posted:

70's manga is wild.

gently caress off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Talkc posted:

Oh man people keep saying the resident evil remakes are good and i was a huge fan of the old games way back when, but holy hell does some of the footage for the new ones look intense. Its like someone took resident evil four and cranked everything through the roof. Not sure about playing that with a heart condition but it looks cool.

The remake of Resident Evil 2 is the most stressful game I've ever played. Being stuck in a tiny room with Mr. X and two lickers outside was terrifying. Excellent game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

I still maintain Hitman is the only current gen game actually doing something gameplay-wise that was impossible last gen.

In what aspect, the crowd tech? Size of levels?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine Hitman with good load speeds :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wtf Kingdom Come Deliverance was just banned in Australia because of implied rape in a DLC or something. I was gonna try it out again on gamepass since apparently they fixed the lock picking.

Censorship is so uneven here.

We Happy Few was banned too.

I'm actually worried about Cyberpunk. Bans for chemical enhancements seem normal.

lol at australia

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aren't you Irish?

We don't ban games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The stadia controller and chrome cast is €130 loving euro. that's insane

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Extremely specific backwards compatibility question that probably nobody will know the answer to:

If I buy a German copy of Morrowind for the Original xbox and use that in my OneS, will it download the English version of the game? Or how does that work?
I think Germany is Pal but I've no idea if the Morrowind that's on back-compat has language options. Any help greatly appreciated!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

It should download whatever version you out in.

Yeah I guess the real concern is whether or not the German version can switch languages. I can't find any info about it online

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I believe the region of the disc is not regarded. All that matters is the region of your account.

I wish there was some solid documentation from Microsoft on the matter! It's super vague online!

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ar_pP8ANWk

Looks like it is! Excellent

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 21, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Microsoft have less incentive to make PC gamepass good when they could sell you a console as well

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got Kingdom Come on PS4 and there's absolutely no way I'd recommend playing it on console. It's 100% a PC game. The controls are just baffling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Shadow warrior 2 on gamepass is a game I had never heard of before. But I loaded it up to check and it is literally this with a bit of magic and cuss words strewn in. I think it has to be a sleeper hit.

Its really bad compared to the first one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of Kingdom Come Deliverance, the combat sucks rear end. I got into a fight with a guy who owed my dad money and I felt like I was playing that VR barfight game. When I saw it being toted at "realistic medieval combat" that should have been a warning sign.

I should probably just give in and try Metro Exodus.

The combat is genuinely obtuse to a fault. Lockpicking is also disgracefully difficult.
I laughed hard when I tried to read my first book.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

No dont. Seriously its poo poo from top to bottom and Im gonna laugh when Sony buys Remedy making them 2for2 on "partner who delivered a poo poo videogame to microsoft and a good one with sony money"

What's the other one

E: insomniac 🤔?

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 29, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

Oh right because Sony's revolving door of 3rd person adventure exclusives are so innovative. :thunk:

They're all good OP and as someone with no skin in the console wars (I gottem all baby), the XBOX is a great machine for backwards compatibility and old poo poo but its first party games suck absolute balls compared to PS4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

But have you seen the water in Sea of Thieves? :discourse:

Online gaming :whitewater:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Owned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Does that need\come with a separate adapter? I was reading somehow you can plug directly into a controller like the ds4?

The controllers for the X and S have headphone jacks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The DS4 has the worst battery life of any controller I've ever used. It's totally poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Re2 Seems like a no brainer imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bloodstained is such a piece of poo poo on Switch. One of my biggest purchase regrets ever. It's totally broken.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Azathoth Prime posted:

Since when does "we've delayed the patches for all the other consoles so we can put most of our staff on fixing the Switch version" count as completely ditching them?

Since they didn't put out any real patches in over a month?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DMC2 is shite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Games seem to be increasingly devoid of creativity, really concerned about the whole industry going forward.

Strong disagree. Those games just aren't the mega Xbox franchises.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

God, I shudder whenever I hear the term "whales" used in the context of video game business models. It's dehumanizing, disgusting, and wrong. microtransactions into their exclusives certainly didn't help.

lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The story and lore of the halo series is you shoot the aliens until they die while rad music plays

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is ODST single player worth getting for €5 or whatever it is? I only ever played 1 and 2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

343 also screwed up the remasters with the graphics update. They took away the colorful palette of Halo 1 & 2, in favor of everything blending together and becoming difficult to see. Classic Halo 1 & 2 are way more pleasing on the eyes.

I got the MCC on Gamepass and I had to turn off the new graphics, they took WAY too much liberties with the design IMO.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

Did Dishonored 2 fix the horrible input lag when it got 'X enhanced' or did they just dial back the dynamic resolution/crank AA and call it a day?

like it was pretty much unplayable on a regular bone.

They never fixed it on PS4 pro anyway. I legit couldn't play it cos the input lag was so noticeable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My brother played it on PC and it looked incredible. Definitely something I'd play if I had a gaming computer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Anything else like it floating around, in terms of gameplay or themes etc?

SOMA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is SOMA on sale on Xbox at times or is there somewhere else that sells it?

I think I got it for €10 on PS4 at some point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Resi2 also. Loads of good horror games recently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Should I play Dishonoured before 2? Other than because its a good game, but is the story dependant on it?

I would play 1. It holds up really well and will fill in a few gaps for the second game. The DLC in the first game is also excellent