Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

Nah, Xbone pro would be the same ram and a slight clock speed bump. This is a new console that's backward compatible with the old console.

Video Games can we not start off this thread with blatant lies on the first page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 courtesy months is plenty to download all the Xbone exclusives for the year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

"It makes games you already own or can buy for next to nothing look better" is a good thing, actually

Does it do it for any good games, or just Microsoft published stuff?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Did you buy all your Doritos at one store?

ethanol posted:

anybody here who ever loving doubts my committment to xbox, the greatest, the world's most powerful cosnole

this is what's happening/happened

He bought them out.

Ryoga posted:

Playstation install times always take forever for me since download speeds tend to cap out as 30mbp/s, whereas xbox downloads rarely drop below 140mbp/s and even gets up to 300 on a good day. I have never been able to find out why this is the case as sony says it's my isp throttling my bandwidth, and my isp says it's sony doing the throttling. Kinda annoying since review copies are all sent via download codes these days, the last physical review disc I ever got was Just cause 3 and that still took a good 40 minutes of installing to get off tutorial island.

It's likely Rackspace throttles PSN downloads.

People have been able to significantly boost them by running their PC as a proxy for the connection.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The entire Switch library can be beaten in 3 hours.

Which is good because that means you'll only need to charge it twice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beastie posted:

Switch loving owns, nice try.

nah

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Re: This doritos xbone auction thing. Not that I want to do it, but how does it work? How many "bids" do you get per bag? Because I'm looking at this auction for an xbonx plus 12 months of game pass, and the high bid is 32,000. I know this person didn't buy 32,000 bags of doritos.

Edit: I dug further into the site. 9.75 oz bags of doritos give 200 points. In order to get 30,000 points, I would need to buy 150 bags of doritos. According to Walmart.com, the instore price for a bag of doritos is $2.98. So I would have to spend 447 dollars on Doritos to bid for an xbonx. No thanks.

The roulette bags he bought gave a 2x-5x multiplier.

That's why he drove an hour, to find one with specifically a lot of those kind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wolfenstein 2 is confirmed mostly true 4k/60fps on X. Sure looks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LaSOJ4aeNY

Of course since resolution doesn't matter, that video doesn't exist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kids can play Forza but probably won’t find it any fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amazon's video quality is usually the best, if that's a consistent thing it's probably the app.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

I think the disaster story is gone. It's more just generic templar/abstergo stuff (at least so far), which I'm fine with.

The last few have been various ways to try to get Juno a body to possess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rechargeable batteries last significantly less time than disposable ones. gently caress the environment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eneloops can't be sold in numerous countries because of copyright infringement.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

Microsoft already has Hololens that's supposed to come out eventually. and cost $5000.

Eventually you're supposed to be able to stream your Xbox one to a PC and use an Oculus Rift to play your xbox one games in a nicer VR living room.

The Xbox living room is not nearly as nice as my real one.

Maybe put some Bang & Olufsen in there and we can talk, Microsoft.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He means the future looks like playing Grim Dawn in a postage stamp 2 feet from your face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just need a VR edition of that Japanese game where you sneak upskirt photos and gaming will be saved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Xbox has yet to sell 10 million units.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't buy the Xbox One X.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you guys hear they're ramping down X production because of bad sales?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

I use mine to watch twitch streams of PS4 "how to change the battery in your Dualshock 4" videos while leaving my PS4 off because the controller is dead and the phone charger I have is charging my phone because I'm watching other twitch streams of other exclusive PS4 remasters of PS3 games on it, constantly, using the Xbox app of course, while my set of eneloops sits there in sad decline and wishing they were 'the future' like a controller that has a kinect-level gimmick taking up 50% of the usable space on it and doesn't take lmao antique batteries, in the future everyone's TV remote control is charged with a phone cable plugged into the wall

This guy wants random buttons in the middle of the controller for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Things that agree with me are good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The DF video was brought up because we had a little disagreement about how lovely/good the game looks, and now we have definitive proof that some goons are blind as gently caress.

Yeah, you!

loving roasted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They made you buy the game, so they still won.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I returned Steep (and MHW), so no.

I haven't said a thing about how people spend their money. I waste tons of money on video games, no judgments here. We're talking about perfomance of games.

It doesn't matter, buying Steep is a stain that doesn't just go away with a refund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who cares?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Butter Hole posted:

Still, the video points out X1X framerates are the highest of any version on average. I think anyone saying the video declares one version over the other the winner is misrepresenting it--each has its pros and cons.

For things that actually matter, MHW is amazing and I'm really glad I bought it. Like a lot of people have said it takes a bit of time for it to "click", but once it does, it's such a fun game. The combat felt clunky at first but once I got used to it it's actually really rewarding. I've been sitting at work waiting to get home and play it all week--it's been a while since a game had its hooks in me like this

They're all dumb though because apparently they aren't locked at 30?

A steady 34 is less desireable than 30.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The announcement says starting at $35 so wait for the fine print.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Literally any sale on any part of it ends up a better deal.

But hey some people can't drop that all at once but can make $35 a month work. No shame in that.

I disagree with him, America blows and people deserve to be able to relax.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's called the resistance and it's very in right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only if it's a cheap one, or you're daisy chaining power bars.

You aren't actually supposed to plug all electronics into the wall only, especially if they have to write things to memory. It's just a shortcut for tech support so they don't have to troubleshoot a dollar store power bar with you.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 29, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but the people buying into this probably don't have one of those and/or one that doesn't run games well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

extremebuff posted:

This is a really good deal, you're paying a small fee monthly and still getting a good bit of a discount at the end, instead of having to drop 300+ bucks at once plus payment for online etc. and you keep the system forever. why do people here have a kneejerk reaction to anything about the xbox lol

this is really great for people who wanna get back into gaming but didn't have the 400 dollar deposit, and it has true backwards compatibility unlike the other systems which is really nice. i dont get the vitriol

True backwards compatibility means everything would work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Hold up, iirc you dont get that upgrade until after a certain amount of time on your contract, my memory thinks it might be 18 months which would be a longish wait for an upgrade (although scarlett wont have any games the 1x cant play in that time frame so its moot i suppose

Yes, or you can buy out your overpriced Xbone and upgrade right away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

wezmon posted:

Okay, I figured it out. It depends on how you log on to the Windows store. I googled "Halo Reach Windows Store" and got a page that had reach listed as Console game pass only. I then found a link from a news story that was an identical looking page, but had pc game pass included.

Honestly the whole Microsoft Store experience is truly loving abysmal. Anytime I need to search for, install or update a game it's like pulling teeth. Forza Horizon 4 took me 2 weeks and several unsuccessful "download/delete/reset store" cycles. The fact that Microsoft is so bad at this on their own platform is baffling.

There's no obvious way to tell if you're looking at the PC or console game page from the URL or anything.

You need to scroll a bit down and it will say Available On, and either Xbox One or PC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Am I right in saying that the next Xbox will be based on this year's Ryzen CPU/3000 series chips?

That's the rumor, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Switch is just a cheesy breadsticks form factor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

So when they roll the next one in for player experience I'll be able to spot it in the skyline?

It will only render if you're within 10 miles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A slow paced Bungie shooter, yearly iteration of a sports game and CoD are exactly the Series X launch lineup as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody actually pays regular prices for Gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

9.5 million subscribers to Gamepass is like $50.