Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fulchrum posted:

Even to that I'd say no, the real identity, the soul of the game, has always been weird sci-fi nazi stuff, and thats been in there since the first game when you killed Mecha-Hitler. There's a reason that this:

Is one of the most well known final bosses in gaming.

I do like how Death's Head is piloting a suped up version of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Sounds about right. There are logs in New Order where they nearly put the Beatles to death for not Heiling Hitler before a concert, but that doesn't necessitate hi m being alive.

THough you'd wonder why their first idea would be "zombies" and not, I dunno, a body double?

Probably to tie it to the original Wolfenstein which had zombies. Like they have the technology for it so they brought him back. Which I think would be hard because Hitler turned into a friggin puddle after BJ killed him. Also, there is a letter in either New Order or Old Blood where someone says they met der fuhrer and described him as pale and somewhat cold to the touch, IIRC.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Wolfenstein was preparing us for the future. We let up on our Nazi killing and look what happened!

Oh poo poo, it's all so clear now :eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

And fergus's snap at bj for being old and tired better fits the game's theme on the old men losing meaning in their fight than Wyatt's breakdown over responsibility. Wyatt you're thirty years old grow up a bit, fergus was already old you don't have the same excuse.

I think they both work. Each one laments the loss of the other and felt they could have done a better job. Fergus feeling too old for this poo poo and Wyatt feeling too inadequate for this poo poo. Both, fed up with this poo poo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

That girl is Sigrun Engel. She's Frau Engel's daughter and she is really not comfortable with this whole murder-happy Nazi thing.

Yeah, when She's getting egged on by Frau Engel to use the axe on what looks like Caroline, she looks really hesitant and remorseful.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Was she hesitating or just really having a hard time lifting axe, and/or incompetent?

Capn Beeb posted:

Honestly looked like she was hesitating to me, she sure got that axe over her head in a hurry though.

Looks like she questions her mother at least, according to this RPS preview:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/19/wolfenstein-the-new-colossus-preview-e3/

I guess we'll see what the real story is this fall! :buddy:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I support the voice actor strike and all but this is why video game voice actors aren't allowed to know what games they're working on half the time.

What if her line was, "Great job taking out Hitler, BJ!"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz7PDBhav5s

kinda wish they went with a more racist looking villians(would fit with the nazis better instead of turkey man and statue of liberty) but i get why the didnt.

Dang, they're going all out with the alternate history propaganda. Good stuff! I wonder if they will do something similar with music again i.e.Neumond Records.
http://wolfenstein.wikia.com/wiki/Neumond_Records

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I really want a Terror Billy.

:same: but I don't even have a PS4 or Xbone and I doubt there's going to be one for the PC

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Oh drat, I didn't bother checking because collector editions are usually the realm of console releases. Thanks for the heads up :tipshat:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

gently caress are you talking about, he barely died

The slurping noise he makes as he melts is :barf:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

He's a bureaucrat, he deals with this stuff every day. Enforcing the immaculate fascist doctrine has become routine to him and lost its luster. The chilling implication is that it means he's sent hundreds, if not thousands, of people to reeducation camps, just by stamping papers all day.

Personally, I really like the way Wolfenstein portrays Nazis. They're not cartoon monsters, they're people. It makes all the horror much more effective when you realize anyone who buys into fascism hard enough can do the poo poo that Nazis do, it doesn't take a supervillain or mass hypnosis or any sci-fi poo poo like that for normal people to do evil things.

I thought bureaucracy is like the national past time in Germany?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I couldn't help but click this, I can't wait!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Don't wake the neighbours when you're yelling at the shotgun guys for instantly killing you again.

Here's why you duel wield.

Xenomrph posted:

Shoot/stab the Nazis until they die.

Pro strat here

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The Nazi Zombie Army spin-off series has swastikas (and pentagrams) all over the goddamn place, if you're looking for a fun Nazi Murder Simulator.

Can confirm that you the gently caress out if tons of Nazi undead plus a bunch of sauntering skeletons. Seriously they're like "It's cool, I'll get to ya when I get to ya."

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

:hellyeah:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lol. Finally makes sense:
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/910159729107914752?s=09

In case you don't know the original:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

The upgrades look rad. I am finding that one of my weird tastes in games is that a weapon upgrade MUST change the look of a gun somehow, or it's inherently very unsatisfying. The first Bioshock was great for that. You could upgrade the shotgun with a quicker fire rate or something, which manifested in the form of a bunch of really dumb cogs spinning in the receiver. love that poo poo

I love that stuff too. The extra ammo on the revolver :love:

I mean it certainly seems like it would work....

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

catlord posted:

I need to try Ubersoldier 2 again, it has an absolutely terrible opening sequence with a jeep that I had huge trouble getting past. And I think there might have been a difficulty bug? I'd choose new game, choose normal difficulty, get through the first part, die, and then when I restarted (at the beginning, of course) I'd have trouble getting past that first part again until I stopped, went to the main menu and started over again with the normal difficulty.

I need to pick up Zombie Army Trilogy, I got the first Nazi Zombie Army, and, well, it's really made for co-op and people who care about the mechanics of sniping, but I hear ZAT tweaked things a bit?

I've been playing solo with the trilogy and it's been hectic but manageable with a few rough spots where a partner would've come in handy. You can tune the shooting mechanics so they're more arcade-y "bullet goes where crosshairs are" or you can go the opposite direction and have to worry about bullet drop, weapon sway, character heart rate, and I think weather conditions too. Personally, I go for slightly arcade-y.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE REICH

Guess he'll never be the head of etc. etc.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I noticed the sound thing a lot more the second time, with DO4M in mind. Which is a shame because the visual effect they have on people is real good.

E: Anyone if gamebillet is a legit key reseller? It's the only place I've seen offering discounts (22% off) which is somewhat uncharacteristic, I think.

They're listed on isthereanydeal.com and they don't list shady key resellers.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

GUI posted:

Here's a Twitch stream from yesterday where they show off the feature discussed in E3 where (I'll spoiler it just in case) you can revisit cleared level areas from your hub for side missions or just to shoot things. It has them going back to the Roswell parade level, except it's night, the crawling with robots/KKK/Nazis, you're armed from the get-go and given a mission to kill some Nazi general in the level.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183693121

Oh whaaaaat?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

GUI posted:

Shadow Warrior 2's big issue is that it tried to replace the linear levels from the first with three big areas that it forced you to repeat over and over for 12 hours. This is still a bunch of linear levels like TNO with that feature being there to mop up collectibles and get extra upgrades. And I guess also there as pseudo-combat arenas for people who liked them in TOB. You don't really have to bother with it.

Also from the stream, in the hub area an arcade machine with Wolfenstein 3D is there and you can play seemingly the entire game. Except its called Wolfenstone 3D and you play as a Nazi Soldier/Elite Hans shooting Kreisau Circle members and fight ~~Terror Billy~~ instead of Hitler.

:lol: that owns! Also lol that Max is a video game savant

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked it at the time and I like it now and there's nothing you can do about it.

:hfive:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it makes him technically Jewish believe, no matter how you are raised. some various sects/denominations say different things but its mostly the same. your Jewish if your mom is. so yeah your right. also they dial engel up to 11.

She seemed pretty unhinged and sociopathic in the first place (holding a crying baby up by it's leg like a dog in TNO). Also lost her lover (thanks to BJ) and was mangled (thanks to BJ) so I don't think it's a stretch.

Grand Fromage posted:

Guys I'm going to kill so many loving Nazis

:agreed: :hfive:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Dude, the way he just dissolves when he dies in Wolf 3D. I've never forgotten that image.

King Vidiot posted:

I mean I've seen gifs of it, but nothing compares to actually doing it yourself :allears:

The slurping noise ties the whole thing together :barf:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Disgusting Coward posted:

Gonna be rubbing my glans through the pocket of my cargo shorts, all "hoo boy sure am sticking it to them guys" as I play.

Username/post combo. Also :same: but no shorts

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

What exactly makes you think purchasing this game makes me angry? You are welcome to spend every last dime you have to your name buying copies of this game and I really won't give a poo poo - in fact, I'd look forward to the additional sequels the overwhelming interest would spur, if anything.

From the way it sounds it's not like you're going to be alive long enough to enjoy the money anyway. May as well spend it now if it makes you that happy.

Lol

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Liquid Drink posted:

I’m just upset they aren’t calling this game Retard 2

But we're already up to Retard 4 :confused:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

I'm going to play this game when it unlocks tonight and then play it some more before I go to work in the morning and then when I'm off work tomorrow im going to play Mario.

hosed up if false

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh... well is there gonna be Workshop support? Or something like that mission maker in Doom where you can design levels and challenges for other players?

Yep, those are all in there. Multiplayer is a hidden unlockable.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mordja posted:

Dystopia, Fistful of Frags, The Hidden and Eternal Silence were my jams but these are all multiplayer mods.

Goddamn I wish I got into Dystopia during it's heyday. The Hidden, also.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LordAbaddon posted:

Can't believe wolf 2 is just a looped gif of the richard spencer punch

GOTY

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I was curious, so I went back through your post history to see.

Loads the magazine into the P08 backwards, immersion ruined, preorder cancelled.

I didn't know Bioware was helping with this game :eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mordja posted:

Should mention that I downloaded the latest drivers before playing, so that might be why I've had zero issues.

Game won't start for me. I even have the hotfix Nvidia put out last night. I get the "Could not write crashdump" error. The only thing I haven't tried is disabling the integrated graphics but I used that as an audio source. So weird. This is the first time I've ever had a major release be this disagreeable.

i7-4790K
Nvidia 1070
16GB Ram

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, I saw that on the forums while looking for a fix but damned if I was going to open it. Thanks for your sacrifice.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Two Owls posted:

Largely great so far, but I'm having to play this more like Doom than TNO: darting from place to place, grabbing the copious health and armour, then taking stock and taking out high priority targets.

Why is everyone's face so smooth now? Apart from Fergus, who has had his "grizzled" slider bumped up to 110%

Fergus hogging up all the textures so there's none left over

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Finally got the game to run. I wish I could give a definite "This is what fixes it" but I don't know what I could have done to do that. Quick list.

1. Completely disabled integrated graphics.
2. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers using the Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode. Reinstall Nvidia driver hotfix 388.10
-http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
-http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4575/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-388.10
3. Disabled "Async Compute" in the Advanced Graphics menu in game before it crashes. Reboot game.
4. Set the game .exe to run in Admin mode.
5. Condensed my multimonitor setup into just one.
6. Set screen from Fullscreen to Borderless Window.

I think that's it. It could have been a combination of any of these. Maybe someone can benefit?

Awesome game so far. :sbahj: the scene with BJ's dad and when you meet Engel the first time!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

its threads like these that make me amazed PC gaming is even a thing
:pcgaming:Master race indeed:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

This. So much. I barely have any idea when I'm getting hit a lot of the time and death often feels super random.

Yeah, the hit effects are kinda quiet and the hit direction markers are way outside you're inevitable tunnel vision.