Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the new game is gonna own OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait for more crying about wolfenstein

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jesus

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GUI posted:

The Game Informer article for The New Colossus mentions that, at least at the the beginning, BJ is suffering from kidney failure after the ending of TNO. Can't wait for Wolfenstein 3 to be the video game version of Crank and have him killing Nazis to power up his Da'at Yichud artificial kidneys.

it would own if the game starts with you literally cutting kidney's out of a live nazi in order to get a transplant

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wolfenstein, like killing nazis, is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Fromage posted:

I just want to murder all the Nazis

hosed up if false

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pyromancer posted:

American politics, so now rightards think Wolfenstein is about white genocide and leftards think it calls for revolution against Trump or something. :ughh:

killing nazis and fascists is good, is what I think

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
which is why ill buy this game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thanks bud, i cant wait to play this on launch when all of you are too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
theyre bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i wasnt making that argument or at least not trying to. i was just restating the other dude the dude i was quoting. nazis are the worst and there tears over this game are loving funny as gently caress.

lol what discord is that from

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LordAbaddon posted:

I think thats just youtube in dark mode

oh ya, you're right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wolfenstein hits upon a fundamental truth in humanity that nazis are scum and should be killed by dual wielded shotguns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

As a liberal centrist, I believe that we should hold all Nazi-killing methods in equal regard.

hosed up

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

We're only a month out oh jeez :f5:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

In Wolfenstein 3: The New God, the only weapon that matters is you. Everything from guns, blades, shrapnel, the shredded bodies of dead nazis, the broken flaming wrecks of their Kriegsmaschines, a bar stool, a truck you pick up and throw, a fascist you swing like a baseball bat that screams as you slam him into a wall to look for secrets and rend him into red paste by the sheer force of impact, the miniature nukes attached to your gamma fists; everything becomes a instrument of death in your merciless, unforgiving, ever-living hands. You are the endless nightmare of all Nazis. You are terror made flesh and metal and infinite anger.

so do i just like...paypal you th emoney or

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hurting and killing Nazis is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the true enemy in this game about nazis, the SJWs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
known felon, dinesh d'souza makes a tweet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sloober posted:

I just really like that dinesh tweet, b/c it's so cool in how loving stupid it is and how many people say YES UR RIGHT

But also

people believe it :(

oh we weren't criticizing you bud

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Welp. The marketing worked on me. I've been vaguely wanting to try the last Wolfenstein game but hadn't bothered.

But if real life Nazis hate it, I'm gonna love it.

Weekend plans: Drink beer. Shoot Nazis. :cool:

so the most recent Wolfenstein game is really good. But it is very much an older philosophy of FPS. There are health pickups and you don't regenerate to full health, just up to like the nearest 25 or something. If you keep that in mind, you'll enjoy it.

the game is sick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

echronorian posted:

Not sure what I think of this game going all leftbook about Nazis. Kinda tacky.

lmao.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its hosed up, how in wolfenstein, you kill nazis. god drat social justice warriors

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its pretty mediocre

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

how dare Wolfenstein go away from its roots to the political agenda of killing nazis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

anyway I'ma need a doctor to treat my raging priapism cause holy gently caress I get to kill nazis and the klan?

whats the difference am i right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

Make America Nazi Free Again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the tears leading up to this have been sweet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stan Taylor posted:

Now I'm buying this game to make you mad. lol.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I watched a few clips of this and it looks really sick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how about that Wolfenstein

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Drink posted:

Cool things about this game

- 5 hours long

-a ton of cutscenes and talking

- you get a game over / mission failed for killing hitler (who is a movie producer now)

- the last boss is a QTE

- the ending is the writers self insert talking directly to the camera about how Nazis are bad while BJ sits in the background

- while he is talking a screamo cover of “we’re not gonna take it” starts playing lol

10/10 this game is a masterpiece

im gonna come home, eat dinner, jerk off, and then settle in for a long weekend of Wolfenstein and mario odyssey tomorrow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im just gonna play it and ill report in tomorrow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the right thing to do is just skip on over the post

its just Lumpy being silly and making a joke or two I think

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not saying get the DLC now, obviously wait for now, but some of it sounds pretty cool

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/27/16045048/wolfenstein-2-dlc-season-pass-pre-order

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe: As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
The Diaries of Agent Silent Death: As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins: As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I do not joke when I ask, what incentive does one have to shell out sixty dollars to Bethesda for a game with the length and content variety of a decent scale Half-Life 2 mod, and not just redbox it instead or get it when it’s $5 in a Humble Bundle a year from now or something.

I just think its gonna be fun and i love wolfenstein, personally

just kinda depends on how invested you are into a series i guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

20%? Wow, let me change the question: What incentive do I have to take $48 out of my Put Lead In Todd Howard’s Head Fund for such a short experience?

none i guess, unless you want to play the new wolfenstein game, in which case thats your incentive

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its just a funny gimmick, you guys try not to get as worked up ok yall

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sourceforts, age of chivalry, pirates vikings and knights II, and battlegrounds were all pretty drat good mods if I do say so myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from what I've heard, difficulty and goofing around a bit being equal, its roughly equal to the first one

I can beat new order in like 2 1/2 hours, and people that speedrun it can knock another hour off that

but I wouldn't call new order a 2 1/2 hour game

if you make it easy and skip everything remotely optional, of which there are apparently many optional missions then sure its a pretty short game