Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Werix posted:

All this but only if we get to actually kill Klansmen or sympathizers. In the Alternative make some of the Nazis Americans that willfully collaborated and every once in a while when you kill a Nazi instead of hearing 'Mein Gott!" you hear, "Oh tarnation!"

Because yeah, there has always been that racist drive in America, and the only thing that keeps many people from openly embracing it is how likely they are to be made social outcasts. Nazis would welcome that behavior.

the milkshake nazi sounds pretty american. i assume there will be american collaborators and i am sure they will show some truly hosed up horrors, apparently they wanted to go further with the camp belica in NO but they ran out of time and wernt sure how to make it not exploitive feeling.

GUI posted:

There doesn't need to be any explanation as to why he keeps surviving stabbings and things falling on his head. He's a 90s video game action hero, that's already enough.

well he is basically Samson(set literally calls him that) just a giant spirit of vengeance on nazi fuckheads.

Arcsquad12 posted:

And you can kill up to two women in old blood

one is zombie and other is practically dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Engel's gone through significant reconstructive surgery, she had a giant fuckoff hole in her face even after her jaw was wired in at the end of TNO.

Also BJ has absolutely had his head grafted onto another dude's body, and we can only hope his anti-knife aura is concentrated in his brain.

yeah, i guess it healed up well. i hope its the same voice actress, she was great. also i am curious who the donor will be. because its seems less muscled then his original.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sorry, three women. I forgot you could shoot Helga. And the other two are zombies.

i am pretty sure there is a execution prompt like bubi.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

This time around it looks like they're probably really going to try and fuel your hatred of Engel so she can take the place as the big, bad antagonist. We'll either kill her here, or she'll be kept alive for one more round before they reset the series again.

the lead writer said it was always going to be a trilogy. i kinda assume engel will die in this one and Hitler/whatever is left of historical nazis are the third(though anya voice actor said they shoot Hitler in this one, so who knows).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groetgaffel posted:

Played through both TNO and TBO over the last few days in preparation. I might do another round of each to get all collectibles, or at least all the enigma codes in TNO. Will go for Fergus over Wyatt this time. J is dope as hell, but Fergus is much better than Wyatt.

So pumped for Wolfenstein 2 in any case.

I like Wyatt, it's like having Bucky Barnes around. Plus his begging makes me legit sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

:rolleyes:

BJ isn't going to get decapitated. The line on BJs neck in the trailer is his communications device, its in TNO.

is it? i thought it was a head set?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Its going to be turning point: fall of liberty, except not poo poo.

Machine games sense of humor just meshes so well with the setting. :allears:

God help me, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what their version of the MP40, the second most overused video game gun of all time, looks like.

i remember renting that game from gamefly in high school and being so excited and reading the glowing previews articles in EGM and other places. then it ended up being a buggy piece of poo poo with a lame ending. they had some cool ideas and i am a sucker for stupid alternative history poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtlOr9egG4g

but yeah. i am sure they will handle the issue fine, they seem to have actual compatent/great writers.

EDIT. also turning point has one of my biggest pet peeves in games. fps camera imbeded in the characters chest. its why gurrella games and a few other companies do and i hate it. it makes you look like your danny devito or a little person but your arms are attached to your head.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 14, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just noticed that the game show host on German Or Else is played by James Horan. I'd recognize that voice anywhere, Avitus.

Who wants a Terror Billy action figure to go up against Hans Grosse?

i knew i recognized him, though i thought it was peter weller.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I support the voice actor strike and all but this is why video game voice actors aren't allowed to know what games they're working on half the time.

ehh, she is a polish actress i believe, she isnt a full time voice actor and it was a off hand comment in some interview about something else.

honestly i like the macine games tries to hire genuine german/polish actors instead of some american dude doing a accent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

I just want to kill Nazis and Klansmen in equally gratuitous fashions, is that so wrong?

nope and i am sure you will. i am sure there will be american collaborators and KKK type enimies.

Grand Fromage posted:

I can see it going either way. We're also talking about the US being conquered in the 50s here, the Klan wasn't anything like the power it had in the 20s. If the Nazis give them the chance to rise again they'd probably go for it.

Anyway who cares, Klansmen are good enemies the same way Nazis are since they deserve the axe you're burying in their skull. Guilt-free murder by the busload.

judging by the timeline, the soviets were crushed in 1946 and new york got destroyed in December 21, 1948 and america surrenders on the 24th so the nazi have had their way in america for 13 or so years. my guess is it looks alot like man in high castle america.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

has Japan ever been mentioned in the context of this mad scientist Nazi alternative timeline?

China started winning against the Japanese so the nazis took China and made Japan a client/puppet state. Same with Italy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's a very American way of looking at things. The Nazis were German supremacists, not white supremacists - with the rest of the Germanic race falling in the lower tier of the best race, the Italians on top of the second tier race, and so on. Please don't erase our proud European history of hating people based on poo poo Americans could hardly dream of.

this. i took a bunch of classes on the nazis and poo poo and their terrible stupid race therorys" are more complex what people say they are. basically aryans/germanics were on top of the race chart and slavs were on the bottom at slave race status, the jews and romani were viewed as not even being part of the chart and were a evil hybrid parasite race or some poo poo. african/pocs were viewed as subhuman but there was never really a coherent effort to kill them or gently caress with them outside the "rhineland bastards(kids of colonial troops from ww1) who were sterilized.

gently caress i feel dirty now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

I think the Soviet Union would be the bleakest to see. Just nobody non-German left or cities remembered at all.

Tons of unoccupied Brutalist apartment blocks because it turns out their anticipated need for "living space" was wildly optimistic. Like the Chinese empty new-build cities IRL kinda, but reprehensible.

yeah, i assume everyone is dead or slaves with tons of empty buildings. i assume they use the farmland and mineral deposits and build weapons there. i am more curious where the ubersolders come from, are they just wounded soldiers be made whole or something alot worse which the game strongly hints at. the asylum being used as shop for test subjects, i am sure the camps do too

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

In RTCW ubersoldats were essentially eldritch horrors made from fallen soldiers and "undesirables" by Deathshead in the X-Labs.

In TNO the 1960s versions are manufactured on the moon base, but I would imagine they follow the same basic idea.

pretty much. i think machine games counts RTCW as canon as well as the 360 game wolfenstein game for obvious reasons.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

When in doubt, it was always political expediency. The Germans/Nazis used to be on China's side, until it was clear China wasn't in any shape to do anything for them. Hell, Hitler was a flexible guy, he apparently ended up putting Slavs on top of his racial chart when the USSR started wrecking their poo poo - figuring that the German people had failed him and now deserved extermination themselves.

sorta. he legit believed in his race "dog eat dog" struggle. if the slavs were stronger, they were stronger. then again hitler was basically mentally and physicaly broken(from a cocktail of drugs and possibly other poo poo) by the end so who knows.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The closest to taking a pro-"white" position is probably Hitler wanting to make a deal with Britain. He was a pretty big fan of Britain oppressing all those weird Africans and Asians, so he thought they should just keep doing that and he'd settle for being made master of Europe. The Brits didn't go for it, because despite sorta being the originators of the modern idea of white, they weren't white supremacists either - and becoming Hitler's world camp guard was not a fitting destiny for the glorious British nation.

yeah, he wanted england to be his ally because of race poo poo plus they would be helpful fighting the russians.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Less gothic armor design too, which is probably a good thing as warhammer 40k already exists.

Let us all remember that the original ubersoldats were used by a germen lingerie model to resurrect some dark ages german king in order to win the war.

I appreciate deathshead being consequently pissed off at the SS paranormal division for wasting time and resources on mystical bullshit. Turns out he was (mostly) right!

yeah. i like the TNO idea of deathshead. he is just these extremely happy and into his work, like he doesn't even care that the castle is under attack, he just wants new specimens to dissect. they way he moves around is like mix of spider/predator animal and a small gitty child in candy shop. the "i like the eyes on this one" line gives me shivers and how he is jumping around on all fours. and how he honestly believes he is doing good things and making the world a better place. christ they did a great job with him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"Not zis one! Somebody broke it already! :mad:"

"Such a pity" then him cursing you for blowing up the blimps and killing men with families.

General Battuta posted:

The bit where Deathshead insists you say his name in German is chilling. I didn't even understand it the first time I played so it came off as sort of a Lovecraftian secret name. drat, German, you creepy

Yeah, I like how he is legit irritated about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz7PDBhav5s

kinda wish they went with a more racist looking villians(would fit with the nazis better instead of turkey man and statue of liberty) but i get why the didnt.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tony Snark posted:

Ahdunno, this works better at capturing hokey 60s action shows.

Well that and the Nazis probably wiped out most of the racial undesirables so all they have left are demonizing the more unobjectionable parts of American culture to get the kids fully indoctrinated.

true. i think the illegal eagle looks loving bad rear end. and yeah i guess alot of the jewish people are probably dead or in deep hiding.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Dang, they're going all out with the alternate history propaganda. Good stuff! I wonder if they will do something similar with music again i.e.Neumond Records.
http://wolfenstein.wikia.com/wiki/Neumond_Records

i am sure they will. i love how much detail the put into the world, i think the do a better alternative history nazis then man in high castle(book and show) honestly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I really want a Terror Billy.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolfenstein-...nstein%2B2&th=1

get it, i know i have.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

I bought the TNO collectors edition and it was absolutely worth it. It came with a ton of random stuff, and the Panzerhund was awesome. It wasn't just some statue, every joint was articulated. It was WAY more impressive than I expected.

gently caress. i might pick it up someday. if i can find it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

catlord posted:

Wait, wait, wait, Operation Black Sun? I hope that means what I think it means.

i hope it is. though my guess is its something else.

nice. they always had good diologe for the soldiers. sometimes i sorta felt bad about killing them sorta, they talk about their wives/gfs and kids.

Entropic posted:

If they want hitler, they'll put in hitler. Do people actually think they're worried about keeping "continuity" with a 25 year old 2-and-a-half-D proto-Doom that the vast majority of their audience has never played, let alone gotten to the end of? In a sequel to game that was referred to by almost everyone as a "reboot"?

hitler will be in it. i watched a bunch of demos today and they name drop him/ mein kampf/ and allude to him other ways. i dont know if he will be in it. but he is still kicking.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I sometimes felt the same, it was nice that they tried to humanize some of the random NPCs in the game but then when you overhear conversations in places like the sewers you realize that there's nothing but monsters in this world and BJs guns don't fire nearly enough rounds per minute to be satisfying. At least a somewhat sizable portion of the American population still sounds like its defiant; maybe it will inspire you to start that revolution that much faster.

yeah, its been 14 years since the war ended, people have been born and grown up under the nazis and never knew the world before. its interesting and creepy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Heaven Spacey posted:

The point of that "so much for the tolerant left" conversation isn't to create shades of gray where you are supposed to see how you could be the bad guy from someone else's point of view, it's to show you using ~logic~ against a fascist is pointless. His point of view is that anyone that isn't Aryan should be enslaved or exterminated, you don't logically dismantle that. He is literally saying "Geez, man, I don't understand how someone could violently oppose me, the guy who marches people into gas chambers for a living. I'm just doing my job!"

The point of adding humanizing touches to the Nazis like letters to home and favorite foods and whatnot is to show you that regular people are capable of doing unspeakable things. Even Deathshead tells an authentic story about his childhood. That doesn't mean you aren't 100% morally justified in stabbing the gently caress out of him.

i like in the roswell demo where the nazi are talking with the klansmen and making GBS threads on them for not knowing german.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyiId1h2Ag&t

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

That was probably my favourite part out of everything I've seen so far about this game. Just the idea of racist fascists bullying over a different breed of racist fascist because they're the ones with all the power and they don't have to compromise is super interesting and an unexpected angle that makes total sense when you see it play out.

I kind of adore everything I've seen about the Roswell level, they really nailed the uncanny feeling of being in an occupied country that is allowed to act out its own worst impulses.

i think it does the creepy hosed up "happy right wing white supremacy utopia" thing best from what i seen, then again the only other competition is bioshock infinite and that games a giant mixed bag on all levels.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's the worst. Makes me sympathize with the grammar Nazi from Old Blood.

i liked the nazi in the beginning who was straitening out his nephew because he didnt want his sister to get mad at him if he died or hosed up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

The new title should have been in German. :colbert:

The only reason why they have America is because the Germans nuked them and they rolled over.

Why haven't they nuked South Africa?

this. from J's speech and other stuff. it sounds like the american government bent over immediately after new york got toasted. from watching the previews it seems like at least the white south fared pretty well under the nazis. on africa, it seems like they still haven't taken it over completely yet and are still trying to take it over for more "living space" and slaves. maybe they dont view it as threat yet.

Cicadalek posted:

Yeah I would presume it's logistical issues on top of fierce guerilla resistance. The bridge you gently caress up in TNO was built partly to ferry stuff to the African front, i think.

yeah. this. they say it a few times i believe. africa is big and diverse(people wise and geologically,) they are probaly fighting all over.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mordja posted:

I just didn't much care for it. Some of the weirder weapons were cool, but you pretty much only got them in very specific, scripted instances, otherwise you were stuck with a standard console-shooter arsenal, and I didn't find the powers and enemies as fun to use and fight as they should have been. I think I played Wolf09 and Singularity around the same time and I much preferred the former.

this. its wasnt bad, but it feel like most of the game was probably on the cutting room floor(much like bio infinite) and they took various things from the different development phases and stuck them together. also the world/enemies never really gel well together. like in wolfenstein 09 and new order, hell in all the bioshock games, most of the enemies feel like they are part of the world. singularity never felt that way. to many giant monsters and glowing things. idk.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I haven't watched any of the published footage of the early stages of the game but from other other promo stuff we can surmise that the Nazi's are slowly rebuilding America in their image. A large swath of New Orleans appears to be abandoned (did the war destroy it? was it from natural disasters? or were the original residents just forced out?) and a number of other places sound like they're also in bad shape, but we can see there's a lot of those concrete superblocks being built around in a similar vein to Berlin. Rosewell looks like bizarro small town and we can probably surmise places like New York City have to be completely rebuilt after being bombed. I suspect people are being pushed out of the older structures and neighbourhoods and forced to move into newer ones for whatever reason.

I also doubt there'd be much Art Deco in this new world (yet another reason to kill the Nazi's as far as I'm concerned) seeing as how Hitler was a great artist and all he was very, very opinionated about what was and wasn't acceptable. Most 'modern' design and artistic aesthetics from the early 20th century was eventually labeled degenerate under Nazi rule, and either hidden from view or destroyed. Der Fuhrer had a particular fondness for Greco-Roman designs while others had a hardon for their Gothic Revival self-insertion fanfic so I imagine that'd be most of what see in the 'new' parts of the country.

well it seems to me that the only place that got super hosed up was new york, since it got nuked and is apperently still a wasteland as an example. from some of the conversations in the demos(the nazis getting mad about tolerant left) talk about taking part in death squad missions to new Orleans, which leads me to believe that its probaly a refuge for minorities and dissidents(i think the leftist preacher lives there) they also brought slavery back and it seems the south is "doing well" under the nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GUI posted:

Singularity's development was atrocious and the game came close to being canceled at one point when an Activision rep visited Raven to check on the progress. They could barely get the game running on PS3/360 so it was completely overhauled within a year of release which is impressive.

You can find a couple of videos of the early versions from a year before release online. It originally had third person cutscenes with a voiced main character/different plot/no weapon limit/different environments and characters among other things.

thats what i heard too. same timeshift apperently. that game was supposed to have this detailed story line and poo poo but none of it happens. you get some vaugue cutscenes and some half tossed together thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mordja posted:

Timeshift was remade, practically from scratch. It was originally this weird, retro-futurist thing they even released a demo for, before delaying and rebuilding it into a generic sci-fi setting.

apparently its still supposed to be in that past or something idk. i found my copy in my closet and its backwards compatible. ill look it over again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I don't know man, a mainline Wolfenstein game where you don't play as BJ is like a DOOM game where you don't play as the Doomguy: It just doesn't feel right.

agreed but i wouldnt have minded a spin off game with anya or some poo poo. i do like all the dlc character names, they sound like exploitation/pulp dime novel names. which fits with the games great but weird tone.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I really hated both Timeshift and Turok. The former I was predisposed to hate though because I played the embarrassingly bad demo before they totally revamped it, and I don't think anything was going to save it for me at that point. Turok though, like yes, this is what I think when I think Turok, low rent Unreal Tournament bald space marines. FINALLY, a Turok game with as few dinosaurs as possible. :P

BJ basically becoming like Jason except he's drawn to revive and seek out and obliterate Nazis forever instead of horny teenagers would be the awesomest thing ever.

And hell yes like just have the Weird War II Nazi resurrection stuff work except....OH poo poo, WE RESURRECTED THE SPIRIT OF BJ. With how well TNO was handled gently caress it just have a new Wolfenstein set in the US TODAY.

yeah, he is basicaly jason mixed with samson, the original inglorious basterd.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GUI posted:

According to the Wolfenstein lore™ it's BJ's birthday today. :911: I picked a good time to start my TOB playthrough on the PS4.

well the president outed himself as supporter of nazis today. so maybe thats the gift BJ wanted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I pre-ordered the Terror Billy because I'm a bad person who really wants a fake Nazi action figure

http://www.dragon-models.com/d-m-list.asp?sid=30

you can get plenty here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Why are there more Germany models than American, British, Soviet and 'Other' countries combined? I know Hugo Boss could design a snappy uniform but Jesus I think people are a little too enamored with it.

its some weird hong kong company. i had 1 or 2 of there figures when i was younger. i may dig them out(if i didnt sell them) so BJ can be posed killing something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is there a reason they've sanitised the Nazi emblems?

maybe just the cover. and alot of wolfensteins promo material is "de nazified" so they dont have to make seperate version for germany.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

The interior's sanitized too, and you'll note that they're not actually referred to as Nazis in the book. They've written it such that the opposing force is referred to as "fascists." The interior pages use the three-pointed "Regime" emblem used in the German version of the game (and seen in things like the Blitzmensch video). However, figures like Himmler, the Thule, Black Sun, and so on are actually named, so...

My guess is that they didn't want to make a for-Germany specific release of the book, so they made it sanitized by default.

gently caress, that sucks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kefkafloyd posted:

It's still a good book, though.

I'm sure someone could take the Comixology version and re-Nazify it fairly easily.

can you spoil it maybe. or at least give some interesting world building.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I too like my nazi's 100% genuine and swastika'd before I cut their throats and flush their heads down the toilet. I understand the German angle though.

this. its why i am kinda eh with sniper elite series even though they are fun as gently caress. no swastikas/italian facist symbols at all. then again that game makes me feel loving awful for shooting dudes with the little descriptors. for every "burned down a church with civilians inside" or "takes potshots at civilians for laughs" most are "misses his new born son/daughter", "misses his pet snake" or "wants to marry his gf when he gets home" and most are conscripts.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 16, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

The Nazi Zombie Army spin-off series has swastikas (and pentagrams) all over the goddamn place, if you're looking for a fun Nazi Murder Simulator.

i need to play that someday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I don't know that much German either, that was thanks to Google translate.

I knew "mein gott", "schwarz" and "tochter" but that's it.

me neither. i took german one at the beginning of high school and it was awful. the teacher didn't care and was retiring that year. she basically did immersion studies in the language. then she quite and we had some slitly better teacher but my grade was hosed anyway. took spanish after that and into college. i dont remember either language now and i finished my last spanish class a year ago.

anyway new trailer looks good. my guess is we saw bits of new york(hazmat nazis) and more of new orleans. i assume there will be other locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

American politics, so now rightards think Wolfenstein is about white genocide and leftards think it calls for revolution against Trump or something. :ughh:

EDIT: this dude is dumb rear end and so am i for responding without thinking.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 21, 2017