Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Thank you. I didn't think it was appropriate for a guy like that to poo poo on people who help others for a living.

Maybe what you do for a living has nothing to do with your quality as a person, take you for example, who apparently makes a positive impact in the lives of others and yet is a oval office

edit: I mean you gotta think it's a troll, it's pretty obvious.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was at Sprouts last Sunday, killing a few minutes before the Office Max next door opened at 10am. I nearly bought a beer just cause I could.

man nobody is biting on your weak rear end trolls. gently caress off.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm merely expressing how nice it is not to have to worry about antiquated blue laws. Cool off.

i actually meant to quote that idiot pizza avatar dude my bad

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my girlfriend had a customer do the 'lay 5 dollar bills on the table and take one away whenever your coffee is a later than you expect" thing. Even funnier as we're in Toronto and they were using American ones. she took great pleasure in ignoring their table all meal and then when they began their 'well dear see you would have gotten this much but' speech she informed them that five dollars would have also have been a poor tip.

shes a good kid.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

We were having a busy day at the shopping center location and had done over 10,000$ in sandwiches in 2 hours.

no way buddy. thats like 12 sandwiches a minute. get out of here with that crazy talk.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

I have cash in my saddle bag but I've never used it, I take a card with me because lol if you actually use cash.

bluetooth headphones and a smartwatch with samsung/apple/android pay is the coolest thing I do and makes me feel like a jetson

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah way, we did a lot of business.

I don't believe you could do an average of 12 sanwiches a minute all shift without at least 15 people working and theres no quiznos that can fit 15 people in it. :colbert:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

I do not care if a goonlord that is probably an overweight computer janitor does not believe me. There's a complementary pepper bar if you like, have nice day and enjoy your sandwich.

I am skinny and attractive and work in retail head office. I've worked food service for years. Not sure why that has anything to do with anything but you were'n't making 12 sandwiches a minute! how many toasters did you have? isn't it at least like 30 seconds in the toaster? That means even with 12 people working (which quiznos never have), you have only 30 seconds per person per sandwich to take the order, make the sandwich, and take payment. and thats assuming you have 12 toasters, which again there's no way you had!

I was mostly just messing with you but your extreme defensiveness indicates you have something to hide. my time working with lp as an assistant store manager has given me this kind of intuition.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not the one who was making it about appearance, I thought that was kind of weird, he was very defensive about sandwiches, I just corrected the guy

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Festus The Fetus posted:

I had an uncle who worked retail at Albertsons in a really lovely neighborhood in Tacoma while he was in high school and for a while in college. Basically they had all the problems you'd expect in a grocery store in a high crime area, such as the bum who liked to drink aftershave or the times he was robbed at gun point. However the main that annoyed him about the customers is that every time they had a sale people would attempt to fill there carts with nothing but the product on sale. Because of this they had to put a limit on the amount each person could buy so everybody could get the sale price and it would do its job of getting people into the store to buy other stuff. The price was reduced to the point where they were losing money if the sale item was all the customer purchased

So he gets a new manager who is both a dick and inexperienced, he calls my uncle over "Mike we're doing a sale on coke and jiffy corn muffin mix, but I am getting rid of the limit that each customer can buy." Uncle Mike "Uh that's a terrible idea if we do that all people will do is buy a bunch of coke and jiffy corn muffin mix and the store will lose money." Store Manager "People won't do that! The most important thing is that we don't run out coke and jiffy corn muffin mix!" The manager then leaves after instructing uncle Mike to place an order for a sufficient amount. Keep in mind this happened on a Friday the sale was going to start on Saturday and go for a whole week. The manager would also not be back at the store until Monday.

My uncle takes this as an opportunity so he ordered two full semi's both stuffed to ceiling one with jiffy corn muffin mix and the other with coke. So Saturday morning the store opens and immediately people just start filling there carts to overflowing with coke and jiffy corn muffin mix. Some people even have like three or four carts, its loving chaos as word of the sale spreads and more and more people descend on the store like locusts. He said it reminded him of ship wreck victims clutching wreckage as family's clumsily maneuvered there over capacity packed carts. So at this point the sale had only been going on for a few hours and already they were down to one semi's worth of coke and corn muffin mix. Uncle Mike calls his manager "Hey it looks like I underestimated the demand for the sale items, I need to make another order so I need authorization." Manager "your a loving idiot, just get it done." So mike dutifully orders two more semi's of coke and muffin mix.

When it was all said and done the store lost like tens of thousands of dollars the manager was fired and Mike stayed in the same position mostly because he had been smart enough to see what was coming but vindictive enough to let it play out. He did eventually make manager though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that they never ran out of coke or jiffy corn muffin mix! But the sale unfortunately only lasted two days.

full of poo poo

my store did 2 mil a week and we would go through maybe 3 semis of 24 bottles of water at 1.66 over a weekend, and that was with no limit and convenience store operators buying in bulk. I dont think people where you are use corn muffin mix like water, do they??

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

I ate that three day prob for non-committally saying that I was a troll. The truth is that I believe that despite extenuating circumstances of a few (see: thr lady who only has $5 ever) that a majority of people that are stuck in a dead end job could benefit from learning a tradeskill, moving to an area with more opportunity or going to college despite the risk of incuring debt. I agree that all these options are risky and no guarantee.

why are you still loving posting in this thread

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you have a 20 cent and a 50 cent? what the gently caress

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Navin Johnson posted:

As of today, i've had two "customers" indicate to me they were going to shoot me. The first time I told management. They didn't care. Today, I shrugged and did nothing. I'm pleased with my growth in both wisdom and apathy

were you standing in front of a bunch of cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tolkien minority posted:

As far as I'm aware being a burn victim is not contagious

it depends how on fire they are

• Locked thread