Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Imagine watching Conor get out boxed by Nathan Diaz, somewhere between "perennial journeyman" and "gatekeeper" for the lightweight division, and thinking Yeah this dude could take on the best boxer of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Except Conor is way bigger than Floyd and Floyd is like fifty and hasn't fought for a couple years. So there's a little more to this than myself and others are pretending. I will watch it and split the price of the PPV with friends and hell, maybe have a beer or two.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

I wish I could convince myself that Floyd is so shot that he couldn't easily handle Conor McGregor in a boxing match.

I don't think anyone is convinced or at least I'm not. But this isn't the sure thing for Floyd that everyone is falling all over themselves to make it out to be. Floyd's last fight was 2015 I'm not sure what that other idiot was talking about. Two years is a hell of a long time to think you're retired and we've all seen what being 40 does to dudes.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It is pretty hilarious that they are promoting this literally as The Money Fight. the more poo poo I read about how Conor doesn't have a chance the more I want to see it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
remember when the ufc thread was ridiculing everyone who thought holm might win against rousey and I also remember a super bowl halftime score of 28-3. go ahead. bet all your life savings that a 40 year old man can beat up conor mcgreggors.tttttttttttttttttttt

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Most people don't know poo poo about boxing, like the fact that it exists and who the boxers are

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i hope ice cubes 3 on 3 thing is cool cause if it's cool then that's fuckin dope

VVV
agreed no war but the class war

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 26, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Conor has a bunch of Instagram pics he posted over the lasd couple of days and his hands are down in a lot of em.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0Kx1RAw3m/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0J_pAg755/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0J2K8AYF7/

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Man that right hook orthodox captioned picture is just really bad.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I always hear the arguments that Conor is bigger or southpaw or that he hits hard… and it’s true.
But I don’t think these are his best weapons. At all.

I understand Conor might be anoying to some, but he’s undeniably also an unusually smart dude.
He’s whitty, and funny. A sniper. And that’s how he beat a lot of dudes before even fighting, and how he became a huge star.
He is well surrounded, first of all by John Kavanagh who is also an incredibly smart dude, and there is such a good positive vibe in the air around these people, but that’s another story.

Conor is supremely confident in his abilities to execute, he shines particularly in situations of extreme adversity, and always come with good game plans.
He’s a machine at seizing the moment and performing to accomplish his goals with fluidity, and no hesitation.
His focus is what gives him an incredible sense of timing.
He is a beast at mastering his fears (and negative feelings) by being inspired with incredible ideas/points of view (that the whole web wants to hear BTW).
I think these are quite nice qualities that none of his opponents seemed to see or anticipate so far. They usually just say he’s a good talker. No bro, he’s a good thinker (tinker some might say).
Let’s face it, Conor is SUCH an unusual dude psychologically.
The simple fact he got the impossible deal done is just another irrational, amazing accomplishment, and I’m not even talking about the fact it went as smooth and as fast… simply mind blowing.

Anyone remembers when Conor was in that pre-fight training session, on a basketball court?…
After training he did ONE free throw. All eyes watching, with a stupid bad technique, the ball went in… foof!
Or when he destroyed a UFC video game champion, twice in a row (with his eyes open in disbelief)?
This is the kind of guys we are talking about. A guy with massive balls who, even though everyone doubts him, seems to be able to make the most ambitious decisions towards success in the most stressful situations for anyone else, relaxed as fook.
He just owns the present time like very few people do. And because it does not make sense in a mathematical way, no one, especially in boxing, seems to take that into consideration.

The power of the mind. Extreme ambition, positivity, visualisation, mastering his obsessions… I think this is the best weapon of Conor McGregor. You can feel it when he talks, and as we heard in the MMA hour with his coach last week, everyone around him believes he is going to win. We can feel they really do.
Even Dana, who doubted him in the past, now says in interviews :"I don’t want to question him anymore".
Why??? Well he says it himself! That’s because when he talks to him a little, he starts to believe it too… even though it does not make any sense what so ever in his experienced mind.
Remember when Conor wanted to make a $3M bet with him for beating Mendez before round 3 in a late replacement fight? Dana’s a poker player, a pretty good one at that, born in Vegas and all. Even then, although at the time it looked like an impossible task, he smiled… but did not bet.

So guys, no, it does not make sense, but not everything does in fighting. And like most of you, I know Floyd is by FAR the best boxer, but the best guys are not always the ones who win, that’s why the ‘upset’ word exists.

Just like you, I don’t know who’s gonna win allright, but I do think the fact Conor is incredibly smart is the very reason everyone is so excited, and I’m sick of not hearing about it when people talk about his chances.

To me intelligence is as dangerous as solid fundamentals, and Conor is smarter that Floyd, just like Conor’s people are smarter than Floyd’s people, and just like the whole MMA world is smarter than the boxing world.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
every time i watch some stupid promo thing and start to think mcgregor has a chance i remember him running away from nate diaz.

you know what would actually be a cool boxing match? nate diaz vs mayweather. nate actually has boxing experience and demonstrably has better cardio than floyd. could floyd find his timing against nate's huge size advantage? that's the fight we'd be getting if bernie had run

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 13, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Do you guys remember when Travis Browne hit rhat huge takedown, passed to side control, got reversed with a single leg and then got squeezed like a big zit? 😂

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The best possible outcome, win or lose for either fighter, is they spend millions paying everyone, millions and millions promoting the fight, and then they get half the expected buys for various reasons and the plutocrats get hosed

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
After watching these press conferences I now believe mcgregor woll win

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Does Conor McGregor have a better or worse shot against Mayweather than the Patriots had at halftime of the super bowl in January?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

DeimosRising posted:

What in the world is going on with his hair

It's steroids.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Le Saboteur posted:

So did Conor double down on the racism during this presser?

he said i'm not racist, i'm black from the waist down, which I think is the exact opposite of 'not racist' but I'm not sure

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I called a black guy brother at work because I call everyone brother and he looked at me weird.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It is pretty funny that after Floyd observed people with real money don't have to wear suits Conor immediately ditched the tailored threads and rolled in to the next conference in a fuzzy toga

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Chillanese posted:

did you cop tony ferguson's sunglasses yet?

they're like three hundred bucks and I gotta order them online and can't try them on. they're fricking good looking tho.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 15, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
floyd assaults women, can barely read, and doesn't pay his taxes. mcgregor is vaguely racist, has a massive ego and an unhealthy obsession with equivocating wealth and success. if you put these two together they'd be qualified to be POTUS

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey lets be fair, Mayweather is all of those things too

You're right, Floyd Mayweather should be President

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
voltron is what happens when Floyd and Conor merge to form Donald j trump

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mr. Carlisle posted:

At least after this fight he'll never need to do sponsored Instagram posts again

But he will anyway because the only thing better than having a shitload of money is having all the money

I don't think that was a sponsored post, he just thinks it's cool that he can afford Gucci boxing shorts

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Skip My Posts posted:

I'm a bjj purple belt and a gay black guy

Pm me

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I also saw something about the weight being 147 lbs. I don't think we can expect changes this far in tho

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

coconono posted:

turn's out Conor's a fuckin neo-nazi, heil hydra.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I smoke weed every day and never dream

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Vladimir Putin posted:

So did McGregor go from having no shot to having at least a little bit of chance of not dying in the ring vs Mayweather?

Lil bit. Everyone was falling all over themselves to say Conor isn't a boxer. Clearly he is, so what now?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

kimbo305 posted:

Everyone Mayweather has faced has boxed for years. There's nothing that Conor can do in a few months that will significantly elevate or enhance his game.

You don't think at least eight hours a day and having a dedicated team of people work towards studying film developing techniques and daydreaming poo poo in general like it's their only job in the world because it literally is, you don't think those thousands of hours of accumulated manpower won't significantly elevate or enhance your game?

If you'd asked me a year ago what the odds of Conor getting a fight with Floyd Mayweather were and then his odds of winning that hypothetical fight, I'd give it to be much more likelie r that he doesn't get that fight in the first place. But now that fight js here, and we're forced to confront ourselves with the fact that the impossible, is merely highly unlikely.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
FloydMayweather is 40 years old

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Floyd is also doing this, but has been at it for longer

Show me the twenty years worth of tape on Mac.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

chaleski posted:

Turns out all you have to do is watch tape, game plan, and train full-time to beat your opponent in boxing, I wonder if anybody else has tried this yet

Don't forget wait til they qualify for retirement benefits

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

*watches 20 years of tape on floyd mayweather jr* i've got it. the trick is to punch him without being punched. do that.

it owrked for nate diaz

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Has Floyd fought anyone Conor's size?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

This dudes last promo during the lomachenko fight was some deplorable poo poo. Neither him nor his opponent would look at the camera or each other they mumbled one word replies to everything and when asked if they had anything to say to each other replied "not really."

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Work Friend Keven posted:

Scroll down my dickipdia page

It's really short and hasn't been accessed since 2014

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

coconono posted:

the way I see it:

10% Conor Wins by ref stoppage
10% Mayweather wins by ref stoppage
40% Conor by Decision
40% Mayweather by decision

but hey, Mayweather's promotion is running the show so they get a little edge in the reffing

5% Conor by stoppage
15% Mayweather by stoppage
40% Conor by decision
40% Mayweather by decision

oh wait, Mayweather bought off the judges because its boxing and this poo poo works more than dollar day hooker
5% Conor by stoppage
15% Mayweather by stoppage
20% Conor by decision
60% Mayweather by decision

even worse, Mayweather's not normal in that ring. he moves hella fast and is hard to lock down
5% Conor by stoppage
20% Mayweather by stoppage
10% Conor by decision
65% Mayweather by decision

you see the numbers don't lie and they say Conor McGregor is hosed

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at Conor McGregor and you look at Floyd Mayweather and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another boxer, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Conor's a genetic freak and he's not normal! So Floyd got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat Conor. Then you add Ido Portal to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. At the boxing match at T Mobile Arena, Floyd got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but Conor got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Floyd KNOWS he can't beat Conor in a real fight and he's not even gonna try.
So for Floyd you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus Conor's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning. But then you take Conor's 75% chance of winning, if they was to go one on one in MMA, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. Folks the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Floyd Mayweather.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

I'm not reading fifty-one pages.

Does anyone actually, genuinely believe Conor will win a decision or that Mayweather will actually knock someone out?

My personal guess is Conor can only take it in the first four. But I've lost four hundo to date betting against Conor so...yeah let's hope that happens. .

Yes, me, I do, Conor will win a decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

jase1 posted:

It took a ton of negotiating and lots of fancy presents but after speaking with the wife I am now allowed to place a huge bet on the Mayweather fight. I can't bet pro football for 6 weeks if Iose so here we are. Facetimed with the bookie last night and he said the Mayweather fight is now at Floyd -357 I am stunned at how low it is and spent all night making a deal with the wife so I can place a substantial bet on the fight. Confirmed with the bookie that he wont cancel this bet and he also is letting me go over my max limit for this because he is laying off most of the action anyways. I guess he has a ton of people betting loads of money on Conor which blows my mind. So after a new bedroom set, a new dog named floyd by the way (was the only way I would let her get one) and some new privacy landscaping around our lanai, I can now announce my bet.

50k on Mayweather at -357. Largest bet I have ever placed in my life and I am super confident in this bet. I know the fix may be in but the rush will be worth it. I am also copy and pasting this post into the Don't bet on MMA thread.

God loving speed.

• Locked thread