Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

E2M2 posted:

Yea but he threw all his teammates under the bus

lol what a huge loving stretch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status...096525549993985

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

EvanTH posted:

who all remembers mark eaton the walking mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7rLoN0SHy8

Jesus loving Christ :lol: I knew he was a huge shot-blocking monster but I'd never seen that clip

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is fine. No Knicks fan wants him anywhere near the draft room.

I was hoping that tweet meant he would be performing AT the Draft

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Good god the Wolves ripped off the Bulls so badly.

So glad I have two teams I can kind of half-assedly root for (Wolves and Sixers, whoo go KU alumni).

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

euphronius posted:

Simmons had a year to adjust to the NBA which should help him

adjusting to the NBA usually involves playing in NBA games

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Tae posted:

Who the hell people voted for KAT for all-defense

Who DIDN'T vote for Gobert?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

because 150 points per game

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Chris Paul setting a pick by nut-punching and Harden rolling for a completely manufactured and-one

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I like this post from another site re: Harden and Paul

quote:

Just 10% of Chris Paul's shots last year were Catch-and-shoot (he did have an amazing 69% EFG%). Just 11% came without a dribble. Just 16% came within two seconds of receiving the ball.

Harden was similar. 13% catch and shoot, 17% without a dribble, 19% within two seconds.

Both of these guys like to take their time with the ball. That's contrary to the D'Antoni offensive philosophy.

Harden was playing in D'Antoni's offense when he posted those numbers, and the Rockets had one of the best offenses in the league, so it seemed to work out OK in his case.

More to the point - just because Paul and Harden played like this last year, that doesn't mean it's the only way they're capable of playing. If you look at Harden's splits, half or more of his shots were assisted when he played in OKC, and that percentage dropped off sharply once he joined the Rockets - because he didn't have teammates who could reliably create shots for him any more. (Over two thirds of Harden's 3-pointers made last year were unassisted, which is madness; I would guess that drops off starkly next year with Paul feeding him.)

Paul's percentage of unassisted field goals doesn't have a similar change at any point (it went down slightly with the Clips compared to his time with the Hornets), but he's never played with a fellow creator anywhere near Harden's caliber. (Seriously, who is the best shot-creating wing that Paul has teamed with at any point in his 12 NBA seasons?)

All of that is to say that taking two players who are capable of running a top-5 offense without much help and putting them together will doubtless come with challenges, but overall... I'll let Marlo Stanfield say it.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
And just imagine when the other team is like "Alright cool we're wearing down Harden he's going to the b- oh gently caress here's Chris Paul"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Carlosologist posted:

I had no idea Dikembe played until almost 2010, that's bonkers

I feel like he was already 35 years old when he was on the AI Sixers

edit: so I read the post below me and he was in fact 35 at that time :lol: amazing

Criminal Minded fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 29, 2017

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
That's one expensive root beer barrel

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Cool Buff Man posted:

Loveless is still my favorite... guess I was right about my favorite.

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of the cover of Glider

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

He's gonna play 98, duh

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

tanglewood1420 posted:

It's weird when I remember that Howard was a top five player the league for like three seasons running. It feels like he's been a joke forever now.

Not just "Top five," but consensus second-best player in the NBA after LeBron. It really does feel like forever ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

R.D. Mangles posted:

this thread has been moving insanely fast. have we discussed derrick rose's hair

Skittles for my breakfast, dribble-drivin' ambidextrous

• Locked thread