Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
This poo poo is nuts. I can't wait to see which big name free agents don't sign with the Spurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Instead of watching Summer League, I've been reading BOOKS, and I have a BOOK RECOMMENDATION for y'all:

It's "The Golden Boys" by Cameron Stauth, and it's a really fun book about the Dream Team. Stauth focuses mainly on the selection of the players and their backgrounds, but he was also in Barcelona for the Games, so he has a lot of interesting things to say about that experience too. There are so many great Charles Barkley quotes that I couldn't even begin to list them.

I also read "Magic's Touch," which wasn't too interesting. Up next, "The Punch," John Feinstein's examination of the Washington/Tomjanovich incident.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Carlosologist posted:

buying this asap, thanks for the recommendation! Also I picked up the Jordan Rules a while back and I need to get cracking on that

David Halberstam's "Playing For Keeps" is another excellent book on Jordan.

I guess I can post one Chuck quote, since I found a newspaper clipping of it:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19920727&id=FQ8wAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TwMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6788,7328159

"We're going to win the gold medal. If people don't like it, you can turn off your loving TV."

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Zogo posted:

420 pages in less than two months of the offseason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jcxsE1Ahg

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
A kid wearing a Cavs shirt came into my work tonight with his dad. I asked them if they'd heard about the Kyrie trade, and when I described it to them, the kid was literally jumping up and down, poking the dad, and saying "I told you! I told you!"
As they left, I heard the dad explaining the details of unprotected draft picks.
Basketball rules.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Spacebump posted:

What would be cool but won't happen is Chris Bosh somehow gets medically cleared for a midseason comeback...on the Cavs with Wade.

Imagine if Derrick Rose was Back too.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Has there ever been an offseason crazier than this one? There were so many huge deals that I can't even remember them all.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Mr. Mambold posted:

Baltic paganism.....weren't they the ones with Grateful Dead uni's?

I'll be there for you
When the shots start to fall
I'll be there for you
Like a point guard with the ball
I'll be there for you
'Cause you're there for me too

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

verbal enema posted:

I like the one with the little man

So... the Cavs?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
https://twitter.com/DavidCozette/status/908374336188411904

I guess Boris is done in the NBA. Godspeed, you classical human being you. May your cappuccino be ever frothy.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

BWV posted:

it's sorta weird that the worst political and geographic timeline possible is running concurrently with the greatest NBA offseason timeline

I'm starting to think that hoops might actually save the world.

Oh, and if anyone wants a Heron shirt, buy one from my buddies, who also happen to be a cool band: http://heronisdoomed.com/

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Lockback posted:

This one says Heron but it doesn't have the picture of the bird.

I AM NOT SPENDING $250 TO BRING THESE TWO SIMPLE THINGS TOGETHER

I keep telling them to put more birds on their merch, but I guess metal bands have a skulls and swords quota.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Brolander posted:

happy for McDerm in the big apple!

Lowly Derm

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Brolander posted:

you are better at photo chop than me

Thanks but nahhh, I probably just have more time to waste. I do feel like we need to up our photoshop game around here though.

Should have changed his hat to Knicks colors, dang it!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
@realDonaldTrump is a KD alt

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Wade was the Big 3 Heat player I hated the most, but I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs at all. I can't see him going anywhere but Cleveland though.

Screw it, Spurs aren't making it past the 2nd round anyway. Dwyaynye Waydye, come on down!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Oh my God, it just hit me- in two days, I'm going to get home from work and watch NBA basketball for 4-5 hours.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Schlesische posted:

So as an Australian with only a passing understanding or interest in Basketball... is Ben Simmons playing Point?
My understanding was that offensively he plays that "conduit" role and defensively he guards a bigger player who maybe isn't as fast or something.

The endgame of The Process is a team composed entirely of Point Centers.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

What on earth

That's one of the worst brand names I've ever seen

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

illcendiary posted:

3 years $72.3 mil extension for Lamarcus. Partial guarantee on last year. Good deal for Spurs I think

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/920025039004676096

I have a bad feeling about this.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
gently caress, 40 million a year for Pau and LMA. I don't like this at all.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Rastaclat sounds like a Jamaican swear word. Like bombaclot.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Why would you name your positive vibe bracelet company after a cuss word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Now I want to count how many games I watch this year.

It's easier if you PVR them, that way you can skip the commercials and halftime. I usually end up doing this anyway because of my work schedule.

• Locked thread