Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm planning on spoiling the unanimity of the voting by using my first place vote on myself, and the second and third on my fellow rockets posters like all those team pbp guys who have votes for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

Warriors could be worse next year and the cavs could be better. Injuries are unpredictable.

the true competitor of the warriors, and all teams, is the inexorable march of time, the death and decay that is the inheritance of all mortal beings,

oh and also

https://twitter.com/fyrebear/status/874506149546143745

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It sucks that Jabari Parker keeps getting hurt.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

Steve Kerr in a pod with Lowe basically said Mike Brown won the series against the Cavs, because he was the biggest advocate for just running the Durant/Curry pickNroll and really fought for it in game 5.

He told a story where he spent all training camp telling KD "If you don't get the ball, just screen and keep moving. Don't just stand here."

Steve Kerr should have a show where he's like those cult deprogrammer guys except instead of a cult he undoes everything Scotty Brooks taught them about offense

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I guess Magic Johnson is technically a person around the league

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 15, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

mercenary lebron would own. play for the spurs for 1 or 2 years, then join the timberwolves and rekindle that missed connection with wiggins

if the warriors are really gonna win forever, it would be fun to see lebron sign with and drag progressively worse ec teams to the finals. it'd be tough to top 2007 but i bet he could do it

e: actually looking at that 2007 team roster, getting that team to the finals may be the single most impressive thing he's done in his career

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 15, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

quote:

I get it. When people look back, they think of Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury and Sebastian Telfair, the guys that had the ball on a string.

Actually, Sebastian Telfair has a ball on a chain

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

watch danny ainge yank this trade off the table like lucy pulling the football away for the 1000th time

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i've said it before and i'll say it again, rodman is going to cause the apocalypse

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Paul George would be good on the Rockets.

I mean they don't have poo poo to trade for him, but a man can dream, a man can dream.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm there Friday through Sunday the first week but I'm a mix of super obnoxious and super boring. Feel free to say hi or hang out anyway

Could you make your heckling of Zhou Qi constructive, like maybe try and convince him to eat a sandwich??

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Speaking of Zhou Qi training, here's some hilarious Rockets training footage

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/875066337386786816

that KB swing is atrocious

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

xbilkis posted:

Durant artfully dodges denying that he likes when girls fart in his face. Kevin Durant canonically likes girls farting in his face now

yet who among us does not...let he who is without sin cast the first stone

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I skipped through 10 pages of Durant farting fanfic so I hope I'm not reposting that the Rockets are going to offer Jim Harden another extension which could be up to $168m/4years, which IMO is still not enough money to capture how good he's going to be once he figures out how to open his eyes all the way. God bless.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 21, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

BWV posted:

My refresh rate is getting up to Trump thread levels.

But now I want more. Someone give Vlade and Morey their cell phones back

Morey will trade. It's the fourth law of thermodynamics

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rasta_Al posted:

Got a huge Lakers friend who won't shutup about Magic's fourth dimensional chess

i'd propose to him a prop bet about the lakers winning 35 games next year

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Patrick Beverley just followed the Pacers

Apparently he wants an extension

Thing is unless your name is James Harden the chances of getting an extension from the Rockets are not good, so whatever

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/877294092308426752

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 21, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

what's this *pushes earpiece closer in ear* i've just received word from clutchfans that rockets are trading patrick beverley for kristaps porzingis. the salaries work in the trade machine so it's basically a done deal,

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

most valuable signing of the offseason. 6 foot 4, 500 pounds, unstoppable at the trade deadline

i've been thinking about morey recently actually, the rockets are pretty bereft of Assets that are attractive to a rebuilding team and will need him to nail some of those late draft picks/do more Nene-type signings in order to have anything to trade in the next few years.

Nobody's gonna touch Ryan Anderson on that contract he's on.

Beverley seems to want to be gone which is weird. There's only a handful of teams that he can start on and he probably won't wind up on any of them. He wants an extension, but is any other team more likely than Houston to do that? I would def. trade him but then I wonder what replaces him, do we go out and sign Super Nintendo Chalmers?

I don't really like any of free agents Stein mentioned as a fit on Houston.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

id obviously really like PG in Houston but i have no earthly idea what Houston could offer that makes any remote sense

what i mean is expect ryan anderson and lou williams to be pacers by tomorrow

I guess the Rockets main hope is that their offer will be the least worst and the Pacers want to get it done.

Zach Lowe talked about Gordon as the main salary matcher, plus some combo of Bev+prospects+picks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

Worse trade, Jimmy Butler or DeMarcous Cousins?

Keep in mind, Buddy Hield was healthy

i'd say demarcous was worse but they are both pretty mind-shatteringly dumb

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

jesus i have this thing on all night and i missed the rockets first pick

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

:siren: morey on the move :siren:

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/878095635811106816

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

oh my loving god teams are still selling picks for cash, seriously?

G-Hawk posted:

here comes the splash

i wonder what on earth they could get for the 45 pick.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hartenstein's back is fine, according to Hartenstein

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/878104996839075841

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/878105323269230600

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Bulls are just selling off picks because they know the league is going to be 3v3 soon anyway. No point having a 15 man roster.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Morey signed a crapload of these guys today. Summer League players and by signing them to an NBA contract, Vipers get their D-League rights if they don't end up playing for anyone else.

Full list: Ray McCallum Jr., Cameron Oliver, LJ Peak, George de Paula, Erik McCree.

Per Feigen, they're planning on signing Zhou Qi this summer, and leaving Hartenstein overseas for a year.

Rockets didn't work out Hartenstein at all, but according to Feigen and an older Morey interview it seems like they don't really care much about predraft workouts. They didn't work out Dekker or Montrezl either. They did scout him in Lithuania though.

IMO, rather than having a statue of him in front of the hallowed Quicken Loans Arena, they should engrave a giant stele that says LEBRON BROUGHT THIS TEAM TO THE 2007 NBA FINALS followed by the entire roster of the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

blake griffin to houston makes more sense than i'm comfortable with and i'm not sure if i should like or hate the idea really

all it would really take to clear the cap space is finding someone who wants a Ryan Anderson sized contract which i guess isn't easy but i don't think it is impossible.
hmm I dunno, can Blake Griffin chuck ill advised three pointers?

Man I'd be seriously scared of signing Holiday or Hill

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

All the players and coaches should be mummified and buried beneath the obelisk

if any of them are alive, just throw them in after lebron as with widows who burn themselves on funeral pyres

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

athletes doing twitter stuff like that is perplexing to me because one of my first expenditures after getting a contract would be paying some nerd $500/month to retweet inspirational crap and put the whole drat thing on autopilot. what's the point of being rich if you still have to use social media with the serfs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dexo posted:

What.

If I were rich as gently caress I would do nothing but poo poo talk on Twitter.

you can truly sound the depths of a man's soul based on what he would do about twitter after acquiring millions

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It is better to be feared than loved

- Phil Jackson, The General Manager

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

Butler is very good. They might need to move Wiggins for a shooter tho. Interesting fit

I wouldn't move Wiggins. They may not be good immediately but they have Butler for at least two more years (and presumably he's more likely to get along with Thibodeau and want to stay) so there is some runway for KAT/Wiggins to get better, and for them to add some role players who can space the floor, although I'm still not sure I trust GM Thibs even after he fleeced Chicago

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

The real question should be why did Thibs draft another Center on a team with three already

didn't thibbydeau play taj gibson at small forward at some point

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

So here's a question: Will ANY player get the new supermax? Because it seems like that's scaring teams to suddenly trade their elite players for less than expected.

I think the extension the Rockets are supposedly going to offer to Harden qualifies, right?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

poo poo, wow. Didn't think Utah would be the team to do that. That's a good signing for them.

Rockets are also making some moves and bringing over some big time international players

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879024740735889409

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

In the Lowe-Arnovitz podcast, they said Denver is trying to get a star at pretty much any costs and don't really care if it's a rental or whatever

cue arguments about whether kevin love is an all-star, possibly a joke about him being an all-star professional eater, etc

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol if the Cavs land Paul George before hiring a GM

some summer season ticket sales intern manning the phone and getting deals DONE

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Actually Love to Denver makes a lot of sense because he loves nuggets.

this is the fat joke i was looking for but couldn't find, thanks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm the Eric Gordon vote

somehow I've come around to seeing Trevor Ariza as an underrated player. He defends all positions 1-4 and does an admirable job erasing a lot of teammate mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

When you acquire Melo, you're not just acquiring his basketball skills. You're acquiring a digital lifestyle brand.

• Locked thread