Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pubic works project posted:

Hahahahaha gently caress this god drat franchise.

What in the entire history of the NBA Pacers makes you think they know what they are doing or will make decisions that improve the team? Enjoy games, watch cool plays and players while they are forced to be here, if they make the playoffs that's a bonus. This aint a Championship chasing team.

What's the worst place to trade him? Just send him there so he has to suffer for a year.

gently caress that, send him somewhere awesome for cheap so he can get some rings. He is fun as gently caress to watch and deserves some happiness. He sure as hell has given me a few years of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Shear Modulus posted:

Love for George doesn't really seem like it would help them against the Warriors unless LeBron convinces Silver to change the rules so that rebounds are worth negative points.

Gives LeBron some rest on defense

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

George and Booker would be so loving fun to watch

xbilkis posted:

The Pacers are probably in a beggars can't be choosers situation, but if they have to dump George would they even want a player like Love in return? He inflates their record and doesn't line up with any realistic shot at contention Indiana might have

There are 0 results that line up with contention in Indiana without Paul George, and only a very very small number with him.

Libertine posted:

George is a ball dominant wing player that is totally unnecessary on a team with Lebron James. He's not going to facilitate or take on a 3rd banana role like Kevin Love does.

This is beyond false. PG loving loves getting the ball out of his hands and letting others do work. Unfortunately on the Pacers those players do poo poo work it's not the best idea. PG will kill it being the guy who is spotting up and let the game come to him.

Rick posted:

Paul George would have to play PF if TT was moved in a deal and he'd throw a fit on the ground and kick his legs like a baby if he had to do that.

Cavs PF is way different than what Larry Bird had in mind when he was telling PG to play the 4 in Indy.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I wouldn't of minded watching Russell on the Pacers.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I can't believe that Indiana couldn't find better elsewhere, even for a rental

Maybe they did and this is Magic giving up on PG this year, and shooting the moon for next.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

No, I sure hope they cant

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877968014964006915

The 7th and Ricky Rubio for a 1 year PG rental.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rotoworld says there's a picture going around of moving vans at PG's house.

Indy has a good history with moving vans

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Unless it's for Harden or D'Antoni, no thanks.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

It is at the point I am still not sure if he is actually wearing this or if it is a fantastic joke tweet.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

I wish, but Pacers owners too cheap to tank, they'll sign enough vets to try for the 8 seed.

If the Pacers tank too hard they'll move to Seattle. Gotta keep that middle of the road players and spending.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is in the all-star game for the East? Butler, George are gone.

Myles Turner's time to shine

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Playoff reseeding: coming soon.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MourningView posted:

Adam Morrison went 3rd!

A steal too, cant ask for more than 2 NBA championships out of the 3rd pick in the draft imo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Be a Pacers fan. They are right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

The Melo thing needs to hurry up and either happen or not happen

Nothing will happen till they get the front office hired so they can point to that guy an be all "Look he can do poo poo!"

Then Steve Mills can continue to gently caress over the new hire.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Like I really wish Reggie Miller would do what Magic did with the Dodgers and put together a group to buy the Pacers. I know a lot of people don't like Reggie around here, but I feel like he would put together a group of people to run the franchise right from an ownership level.

Trusting an Indiana legend to coach/run the team is what got them in this poo poo in the 1st place.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Can we get NBA on NBC back

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

leftist heap posted:

Collison will go down in history as the longest tenured Thunder.

Myles Turner is currently the longest tenured roster player on the Pacers. 2 Years.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Mark Cuban googles if he can own 2 NBA teams in Texas and trade between them.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Who is more likely to start the season on their current team, Melo or Kyrie?

It's Kyrie right? GM LeBron going to talk him down from the ledge while the new GM in New York going to make his name by dumping Melo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

big boi posted:

I'm just gonna leave this here, and you should probably click on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCn323X3c_0

Was there anything Wilt Chamberlain was bad at

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The stripes on the side make the offense run faster.

So glad they didnt go back to the pinstripes or put that bad Indiana logo on them.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

These tweets together are too beautiful for words.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Just watch a bunch of games of teams when you can and if one sticks out or you like a player go with it.

or if you like white bread, roller coasters that only go in a straight line at a moderate speed, Ford Focuses, tap water and neutral paint colors, be a Pacers fan.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 5, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

IcePhoenix posted:

New uniforms for the Wolves finally dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJnoUzb7C8

I think they look good. Fitbit logo doesn't look out of place, either.

The Nike and Fitbit on the same line on the white ones look real awkward placement. Not getting the same effect on the blues.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

are these fuckin' pacers jerseys??

gently caress yeah, Pacers new ones are pretty great, and Denver just saved money and went out behind Conseco fieldhouse and raided the dumpsters.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

Haha no Reggie on the Pacers all time roster, but that trader Paul George is!

No Dale Davis, No Sale.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Zogo posted:

A lot asked for this:
code:
SA user name:		Name your favorite album:

My man RedApe98 rocking the Pete Yorn. Keep on keeping on.

Bojan Bogdanovic is killing it in Europe and now every Pacers fan thinks he is going to drop 30 on the NBA every night. Pacers boards have him and Oladipo putting up 60 points and night together and Oladipo being in the MVP running. Oh the offseason, the hopes and dreams of many.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sure he'll have no problem finding clan members in OKC

How can I make this post the background of SAS

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I feel like Max Kellerman wears a phantom of the opera mask while he tans. Like what the gently caress is going on here

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Even if this turns into a trainwreck, OKC is must watch basketball now.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

Hell, it's worth it even if Melo gives them 1 good year and convinces PG to sign an extension.

Making the Finals is the minimum to keep PG I think.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Russ
Roberson?
PG
Melo
Adams

Someone tell me the gameplan

Russ plays basketball, PG spots up and shoots some crazy high 3-point %, Melo also shoots a lot of 3s but misses.

They lose in the WCF to the Warriors in 6 games.

Vertical Lime posted:

of all the days to trade melo

Thank this trade for saving us from the previous chat.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The OKC Bench still goes -30 points though right

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Wiltsghost posted:

Thinking about getting League Pass for the first time this year. I've read using a vpn is cheaper and gets rid of the blackouts. Is this the way to go or are there any alternatives?

It's a bit expensive, it has commercials unless you go with the crazy expensive plan, they only had 4 commercials last season so you saw them 10,000 times, and blackouts can be annoying. The quality is really good, even on my so-so internet I always had really good streams, it's simple to use, you always know your team is going to be watchable unless you are in the blackout.

There is always r/nbastreams but sometimes if your team isn't that good, you may have to watch at 200p since there wont be a lot of people wanting to stream that. I dont know if ballstreams or the such is around anymore.

In the end...it's ok. I dont hate that I spend 100 bucks to watch the Pacers, but I'm not yelling from the rooftops for people to buy it like I am a service like MLB.tv

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Lance: #1 in all our hearts.

The jerseys are really good also.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

I watched okcs blue and white scrimmage Paul George is a better passer than I thought he was and lol at melo wearing a hoodie under his jersey

PG is a fantastic passer and it was a liability on the Pacers because Paul George should not of been passing to any players on the Pacers.

He's going to have a huge season. It's going to be fun.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

EvanTH posted:

In order for it to be a controversy you need people who get riled up. I dunno if the majority of NBA fans and I kinda imagine it blowing over in a few days as everyone up and down the chain agrees that it's fine and the fans broadly support it.

you realize this is a cursed phrase and you may have just hexed the thunder

That's impossible because even in giant meltdown mode it is going to be fun to watch

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Carlosologist posted:

wow I picked the Pistons to make the playoffs in Zogo's poll, immediately regretting that decision

Thanks for this, I missed his post:

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I watched 7 minutes of the Pacers game last night. I'm just going to go ahead and pencil them into the 8th spot of the East where they will do nothing but tank their draft rank but feel good about it because they made the playoffs. They will be pretty fun to watch though, which is the important part.

Myles Turner is going to lead the league in 3 point shots taken from the top of the key.

• Locked thread