Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Billzasilver posted:

Okay, but what’s the catch?

The catch is that a quarter of the discourse around FGO will forever be about censorship and free speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

FGO also contextualizes what Medea did to her brother as a thing she did while she was more or less influenced/mind controlled by the Greek gods, rather than her own will.

So while Medea thinking of you as her little brother/sister does have unfortunate implications due to how myths repeating themselves being a thing in Fate, it's also an expression of affection.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

People want to reunite Artoria with Shirou in FGO but I want to reunite Medea and Kuzuki.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

I thought summer tamammo was a different tail than the others

She's described as closer to Tamamo Shark, one of the Tamamo Nine, but she's still vanilla Tamamo no Mae except summer.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ruler Bass Reeves.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mean, Scathach does have a targeted quick boost...

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It also helps that it's very rarely the already-popular-servant's-time-to-shine and they regularly introduce new characters and give them the spotlight. The FSN crew has minimal spotlighting despite Saber being the mascot of their cash cow.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Wu's okay because you can at least keep her first form.

You cannot escape from Summer Helena.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Y'all doing this wrong.

Want: All of them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

dogsicle posted:

learning that her np overrides this choice broke my desire to roll

why dw gotta do me dirty like this

Probably because animating multiple costumes was too much.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

genericnick posted:

Isn't Arcade basically this?

Arcade is way more exploitative in its models but it's also far harder to access, comparatively speaking. It's hard to say what's the "optimal" balance to getting us to part with our money but I doubt arcade machine-based gacha is it. It severely restricts by physical location and takes more dedication as a result. Meanwhile, there's a ton of smartphones and tablets out there and if the game is optimized/not especially performance-intensive, you're casting a pretty wide net.

Arcade feels more like a bonus/fanservice project, designed to give hardcore fans something new to invest in. It doesn't exactly have a lot of appeal beyond Fate. Gameplay is unique to it so it won't attract people by gameplay alone the way, say, the Granblue fighting game would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BisbyWorl posted:

Even just two stacks of double Merlin buffs will push buster crits to the 1M range, which only takes six turns of stalling.

There's a reason EoR introduced a new mechanic that makes it impossible to one round bosses.

I wouldn't consider that the main reason, given that you'd need to have your own Merlin to do it. I see it as a more general devaluing of one big number versus many small numbers. It also lowers the value of buster gorillas because a buster (brave) chain gives you very little on overgauge, while even slapping in a single arts at the end can be good for preparing to tackle the next break bar.