Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Oh hi. Does this game have a decent story?
the early chapters are pretty rough going but around chapter 4 it picks up, and the end chapters of part 1 are great. the event writing by this point is pretty consistently good too. epic of remnant, the current story arc, is kinda hit-or-miss but the most recent chapter is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 'rank your favorite characters' thing has been updated to be current with JP if you feel like wasting an hour clicking on portraits. here's my top 10 as determined by science:

quote:

1: BB
2: Medb
3: Angra Mainyu
4: Astolfo
5: Yu Miaoyi
6: Quetzalcoatl
7: Yagyu Munenori
8: Jaguar Man
9: Suzuka Gozen
10: Shuten Douji

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i declare the salem manga woke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the fade to black was meant to be comedic timing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Shocking that the community that drove off the Parvati artist would do this.
The parvati artist got an insane amount of poo poo but he's doing fine and still works on the game.

Also, https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/1205928315950788608 the post mentions that it's his last episode, but not that it's the last episode because of any sort of backlash. There's a lot of lovely comments in response but there's no indication he's leaving the project because of backlash, especially since the big backlash seems to have been after an episode that aired two days ago, while anime episodes need to be written weeks or even months in advance. And he's still writing the Camelot movie, he even mentions it in the post. If he was quitting because of backlash you think he'd quit the movies too.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 15, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He also wrote a fair amount of apocrypha. It's clear Nasu or at least someone at TM likes him since he's been tapped to write fate anime across studios, so he'll probably be fine. And theres comments thanking him, too, and babylonia seems to be doing pretty well.

Not that the people.in those replies who are being dicks arent awful, but its not worth giving them more power than they actually have.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah for the record the quetz scene was executed very poorly but that could be for a number of reasons besides the writer. Director or storyboarder, or maybe cuts weren't done in time to do it properly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If nothing else the taiga animation update will be lit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I have recieved the first FGO Memo illustration book! Since everything's in Kanji, can someone tell me (a babylonia only) who's who?
yeah go ahead

Captain Baal posted:

Ask me about my NP20 Lancer Medusa

go ahead
i have np17 ibaraki on jp

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jesus, even at NP2 Bedivere hits like a truck.
pair him with edison if you wanna live a gimmick

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

What's a servant with good Def down/quick damage up capabilities I'm likely to see on a friend's list? My Jack isn't fully skilled up yet so she's having trouble one-turn nuking Medusa on the current farm node, and I'm hoping I can get it done with a couple debuffs.
try the suit mystic code (royal brand) if you have it and don't need other mystic code skills, the first skill on it is 30% quick up at level 1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

It probably bodes poorly for the smug looking Crypter bro that Charlotte is going to be a featured story Servant in this, right? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?
His lostbelt's apparently gone to such poo poo that he just peaced out. He specifically mentions a 'naive princess' that wanted to go to hell together with him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

serefin99 posted:

More specifically, it's because we got Enkidu early that we won't get any of the SF Servants before it ends. From what I heard, the author got really upset (purposely avoiding saying 'threw a fit' here) about Enkidu's addition, and asked that they not include anyone else any more.
I don't think he really got upset about Enkidu's addition exactly, more the ways FGO was constraining him. He wanted to use Dantes and Edison and FGO undercut him twice, and he asked for information on who might be added in the future and was denied. Going 'well, at least don't use any of my Servants until I'm done for spoilers' sake' is understandable. And even then, I think 'upset' isn't the right word, it's a reasonable request that they've honored.

Factor_VIII posted:

An example of an anime that did an awful job handling action scenes was the Tsukihime series; all the action scenes felt really underwhelming since they were a lot blander and simpler than what was described in the VN. I guess they didn't have the budget for decent actions scenes.
I forget how many fights the Tsuki anime had but Tsukihime the VN only has like 5 action scenes across all five routes, iirc?. Shiki vs Nrvnqsr, Shiki vs Roa, Shiki vs SHIKI, Akiha vs SHIKI, and Shiki vs Akiha. I guess there's two separate instances of Shiki fighting Nrvnqsr but the first one isn't so much a fight as 'trying not to get eaten by a crocodile.'

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 19, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some people just straight up dont care in the slightest about rolling for gameplay reasons

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm very curious what kind of shenanigans they're gonna pull to avoid having OG Saber in the Camelot lost belt, since they're so dead set on her arc being "over"
Arthur. His interludes have been building up to something and lb5 mentions something that could be a hint about other prototype characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lb5 is an incredible feat of writing because it made jason rule

Caenis: You've sure got a mouth on you, bastard. I'll make this nice and painful for you!

Jason: If you think you can do it, give it your best shot! You insulted Heracles in front of me, you shithead!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hektor got a strengthening quest on JP. His tactics now lasts 3 turns and comes with a damage cut. Doesn't make him great or anything but it's a decent buff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/otmm/status/1210114152166903809

theres so many little details in this, its fantastic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Squiddycat posted:

Part 2 sounds exciting and I hope it has a lot of cute girls in it

hinako is the cutest

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly i love the goofy names, they're distinctive and give the world some personality that itd lack if everyone was actually named john

plus in fate's case specifically it helps avoid name overlap with historical figures

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Goddamit, I rolled Orion when all I wanted was my man Ricardo.

I'll console myself on his amazing crit damage.
Isnt mandri gonna be added to the fp gacha? I dont think hes story locked or limited.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Merem110/status/1211926802664284161

When Lostbelt China came out in China, FGO went from 70th place to 1st place in the chinese appstore rankings, lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/tam_00xx/status/1212009218988838913

cooking game for the switch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And also theyd kind of be hypocrites if they didnt save him, not like they kept just the good people from being incinerated when they beat solomon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Level 80 Herc plus a bunch of random bronze/silver supports like Leonidas, Hans, Mozart, can absolutely pull you through every boss in part 1, except maybe Gawain.

Plus as Berserkers, herc and lancelot are the best starter pulls by default IMO. The only great Berserkers in the FP pool are Asterios, Spartacus, and Lu Bu, and Spartacus's damage is too low to do anythign against bosses, and Asterios needs really specific support. And Lu Bu is good and probably does more damage than Herc but he doesn't have his survivability skills.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 2, 2020