Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think Halloween has any servant boosts, so that won't be a mechanic until GudaGuda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't play much FEH but it weirdly makes characters and rarity separate then adds IVs on top, which is way different than 5*s being pretty drat rare but there still being a dependable stock of 1-3s.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm already there, friend

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cirnopedia is back up, refresh if you get the hosting page.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Also Cirnopedia appears to be back up (but with the Moon Goddess page disabled, haha), so that's good I guess.

lol, might be a pain if they have to do that when every event rolls around though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Columbus

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Probably 4 maybe 2

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

E: quote is not edit

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You should keep at least a single copy in second archive to pull out for event boosts imo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh is that why I've not had any luck seeing Salter or Nero?

Yeah. Cirnopedia and probably the wiki have a list of story-locked servants. Some of the choices are kinda odd since out of the Okeanos servants neither Drake or M&A are locked, which is nice.

e: was presumptuous about the locks

Motto fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 28, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RanKizama posted:

My only gripe with TamaCat is that she dies so loving quick. She's usually lucky to make it past Round 2.

That's berserkers for you. My herc gets 1 rounded sometimes too if enemies decide to focus in and I don't pop Guts.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you have both regular and alter, invest in the latter first since it's pretty much the same thing for less materials and cost.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:drat:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think I implused a few times early on so I'm at 202 with 11 tickets, but otherwise same. Might throw a few tickets in hopes I get lucky with one of the casters or Okeanos riders though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah? There are intentionally a good number of 1-3s with good skills and utility in spite of lower stats/caps.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think the intent is that low AP is for common mats, high AP for rarer mats; it just doesn't work out that well. Supposedly the class specific quests we later are better about that, though you'll still be looking to event shops for a quick pile of stuff.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"Soon"

e: If I had to guess, teasing it means it's gonna be the next bit of content released, so sometime between now and Halloween.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Note also that that video in particular is after 32 turns of setup.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, it's a joke. I've seen the same thing done to have Bunyan take out Gawain.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're common shop mats and yeah, the other four are in the Halloween shop.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

lame

i want nero and marie to hang out i bet they would be good friends

don't worry, we'll get that too

in two years

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Randomzx posted:

I'm afraid of what terrible bootleg 'meme' we'll get in the translations, especially from leddit.

The kids be taking my memes, matey

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SereneCrimson posted:

I also sent a request to you Clawtopsy.
I'm Crimson in game.

If anyone else would like to add me, my code is 297,499,682
I've been playing since day one, and most of the people I added then have gone inactive. And I don't actually get many rando requests. I need FP!

Sent.
e: here's mine while I'm clearing out 2 month+ inactives.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Speaking of good common characters, I fielded Hassan against a dragon during Artoria's NP interlude and realized I should be using him way more often.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Oh well everything makes sense now thanks! also new question do I want to be running the 10 ap monster hunt for dragon fangs?

Yeah, best place for it currently, though that'll change next week with Okeanos free quests.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot of swimsuit alts in games are pretty boring, but FGO does pretty well in terms of design and gameplay variation, so you're not rolling just for "char in a swimsuit", but also "char with a cool/funny spin on their design and personality".

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 23, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I want the friend points though :negative: now jeanne alter is kicking my rear end because she resists everything I pick and manages to kill even level 90 gilgameshes. I'm bad at this.

Rulers don't resist berserkers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a rateup schedule in the OP and cirnopedia and the FGO wiki have lists of events that tend to correlate with servant releases. Tamamo gets introduced with a rateup in the Halloween event next month.

3* exp is real piddly in the long run so feel free to use it, you'll want to get your servants to the point of being able to run the 40ap ember daily for consistent XP gains.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Halloween

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Okeanos is significantly more fun than the other singularities right off the bat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It can get very silly on them, yes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Got David from the fpool. What's his niche? (only have Robin Hood so far).

Party survivability support plus hocking rocks every now and then.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Four wyvern island runs or so and no fangs :shepface:. Did get acquainted with how much of a pain it can be to get even that last 20% NP on a Lancelot though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Maybe it gets better later but enemy skills aren't handled too great, feels random whether they'll either completely forget them or decide to spam their no-cooldown evade several turns in a row.

W.T. Fits posted:

Still playing through the story chapters, but I'd just like to give a special "gently caress YOU" to Hektor and his bullshit NP Loss skill spam. t:mad:t

I think he tried that (or his stun) with me but kept missing :v:.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

So what makes these daily quests better?

They're purely class-based without a piece/gem separation, so you just go in for a class rather than hoping the right enemies pop up.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUkwCvXHEo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gologle posted:

Even one Liz is 1 too many. Saber I'm fine with, but Liz is a dumb reptile person because idols are weird and kind of gross tbh.

but enough about your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It was over about 3-4 AP bars' worth, but drat, three feathers since training grounds hit. :stare: