Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

Absolutely everything about the Herm Edwards hire is completely insane. I’m almost rooting for it to somehow work now.

If Herm gets two good coordinators and does nothing but recruit and play hype man, I could see ASU challenging for the division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DJExile posted:

I really don't get this new trend of ADs telling brand new HCs who they should keep/fire/hire on their staff. It seems like the worst kind of micromanaging.

I think its usually less "This person must stay" but more along the lines of "you have to have one of these people on your staff because they have all the recruitment relationships for our base". He was probably told to hire someone who has strong Florida connections and Shannon was a logical choice.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I cant wait for A&M to fire Jimbo in three years because Reveille growled at him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sean10mm posted:

If the Vols had done what they're doing now from the get-go it probably would have gotten a solid B grade from everybody.

Fulmer might be a bag of caramels left out in the August sun too long, but he's made the Vols coaching search into a perfectly ordinary thing overnight.

And I hate it because I love dumb chaotic stupidity for babies like we got before he took over. :argh:

Kind of, its pretty easy to stop the leaks and drama when you are the source of both.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Arizona fans are apparently very mad because they're dumb.

He is a good coach, but if he installs the triple option I can see being disappointed because that is basically admitting you are fine with occasionally getting a shot at a conference title and nothing more.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Metapod posted:

That's all they'd ever get anyway

Maybe, but now is a really good time to try can elevate your program in the Pac. The question isn't over whether or not that will happen, but whether or not you are ok with admitting it to your fanbase.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

vyst posted:

I remember when Weis came to Florida under the condition we give him a GA job lol

Charlie Weis is a weird case where he is really good in the NFL but terrible in college.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

UF receivers were really good and known for creating offensive out... I can't do this anymore.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Do they go Narduzzi, or is his name going to pop up a lot in these reports to come out soon? Like, either way if I am the Pitt AD I am doing a low key search for a new HC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

You didn't, at all. You guys were bitching about his recruiting from the start. Also there isn't a medal given to "waits until first season that isn't 9+ wins to complain".

Pretty sure the complaints about recruiting were all directed at Muschamp since he left Mac 5 total OL on scholarship his first year. People even gave him a pass because of Muschamps lopsided recruiting. Even prior to this season, it was 50/50 on him being fired or giving him a final chance to turn the offense around. It was clear from the first game the offense was going to suck, so that 50 flipped real fast.

• Locked thread