Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Trick plays are the spice of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yes i still don't understand why Alleva has a job

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

Give Charlie Strong another try

Tennessee is not an upgrade from USF at this point

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Who are the top coaching prospects this season? I know that Frost at Central Florida is one of the names being thrown around a lot, but what about anyone else?

Who are Saban's current assistants? Those usually get snatched up first foolishly.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

Yeah I'm sure everybody will be hunky dory when they're losing every game 56-35 instead of 28-10.

I would literally be fine with losing year 1, 56-35

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Adun posted:

Why do the fans care? They're gonna fire him anyways and on the margin dicking over your coach over their buyout will harm finding the next coach.

I just find it weird that the fans seem to be happy that Florida's trying to screw over McElwain when they bear none of the cost

Lol what?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

lol if McElwain gets fired before Butch

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol https://www.seccountry.com/florida/wikipedia-lists-scott-frost-next-florida-coach

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

Mullen's got really little reason to leave Miss. State and Stricklin is probably happy to be done dealing with him.

This.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

yall realize you're taking scionix seriously, right

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Getting poo poo canned and no buyout money, ain't it cool?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My hot take is Charlie Strong succeeds where he has medium expectations. Nobody expects USF to compete for a national championship, and because he doesn't have the media/boosters breathing down his neck he has the freedom to experiment and really develop the players. I feel like he would get a similar Texas-esque experience out of Strong if he coached the Gators.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea it's pretty objective that Charlie did worse than McElwain all things considered regardless of the inherited circumstances.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Totally.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Can we fire Shannon too?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Florida is not a better job than Oregon

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kliff come be OC for Florida. I want your air raid inside of me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

Mike Leach turned Wazzu into something respectable, Les could do the same at Oregon State.

:agreed:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Jesus that’s pathetic.

Does Mac land somewhere next year?

Hopefully somewhere he feels at home, like the Gulf of Mexico

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I would totally be down losing games 63-56

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Word on the street is that Chip Kelly might be announced as soon as during tonight's basketball game.

Oh my

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Being a Bucs and Vols fan right now is pretty tough when I absolutely don’t want Gruden for either team.

One way or another he’s gonna be HC for one of my teams, isn’t he?

Being a bucs fan sucks rear end this decade.

Source: I'm a bucs fan

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If I was Jon Gruden I'd stay away from coaching and just rake in my millions working two days a week

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is assuming ESPN wants to keep paying him.

If ESPN doesn't I'm sure as poo poo someone else will

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scionix posted:

Chip Kelly is insanely overrated, I don't get it

Much like your posting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gruden linked to going back to the Bucs lol.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They need all that revenue to cover medical injuries at their home games.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I feel like the fanbase would burn down Neyland if they brought back Kiffin

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah get on the Chip Train, don't be a b1tch.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

Anyone who can say this with a straight face should be immediately distrusted.

Honestly we should have made the playoffs last year and we have the same roster + some playmakers. The problem is our play calling is godawful and our defense is getting exposed because our DE's and OLB's are trash.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nachos posted:

confirmed, I'm melting down

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It was reported he shoved him up against a locker. But given they gave him like 4 mil in the wrongful termination suit, who knows.

The kid's dead now so that sucks too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

*college coach

gently caress the Schiano Bucs years.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonna be UCLA

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

He's probably scurred of Saban and wants to be able to coast to titles in the PAC-12

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

They supposedly had demands on what assistant coaches he'd have. I think they want Shannon to stay. Most coaches are going to far rather want to bring in their own guys or at least make their own choices on who stays.

It's a catch 22 because our coaches are baller rear end recruiters but they suck balls at coaching.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet Weis fukken destroyed at the Gator Dining hall.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

Florida isn't a top 10 job. Top 20, yeah, but not top 10.

Dude you're fuckin retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nachos posted:

If Florida whiffs on kelly and frost, bring me Lane Kiffin. If this is going to be a shitshow let’s at least make it a memorable and entertaining one.

If I'm going down I want it to be spectacular

• Locked thread