Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shoop and Franklin go back to Vandy and before. The defense wasnt even the problem with PSU. I really doubt the two fell out that much. There was more than one article detailing Shoop's thought process as "good job as SEC DC --> HC job."

That kinda backfired

E: Is it normal in coaching contracts for coaches to pay back the school salary already earned. Cause that's not cool in my book

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

lol

its not the cheating that sinks him, but his dick

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

General Dog posted:

He's not going to be fired mid season

famous last words

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

General Dog posted:

Granted, the program was abysmal when he started- worse than it was when Chad Morris took over- but June Jones never went better than 8-5 in 7 seasons, and the majority of that was in C-USA. Yeah, Morris isn't a proven commodity, but anybody who is a proven commodity is locked up. It's not like we're going to go out and get Dan Mullen or Gary Patterson or something.

Jeff Bhrom y'all

A&M fans have a massively inflated sense of where they want the program to be vs what they have actually won (not much)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

General Dog posted:

I don't want him to be fired mid-season because it never accomplishes anything beyond the hastening the dismantling of your recruiting class and embarrassment for all involved parties. The program always says "now we can get a head start on the coaching search and be on the radar for all the top candidates," and then after all that they end up with Herm Edwards or something.

Herm Edwards would kill recruiting and he was a legit good coach until his KC teams got real old real fast

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

So which team hires Jeff Brohm this offseason

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

General Dog posted:

I don't think anybody is brazen enough to leave a P5 after just one year, even Purdue.

Maybe, but Brohm turned Hazell's poo poo rear end players into something actually good

Hes a real good coach

e: Todd Graham

e: If Purdue is bowl eligible, Brohm is so gone

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 17, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nebraska should run it back and hire Bo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Les "I dont know what offense is" Miles would be a good fit in B1G country

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Duckaerobics posted:

Gus Malzahn's seat probably just got a good bit hotter, because Auburn's AD is almost certainly getting fired over this basketball thing.

Cant forget the softball thing as well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

General Dog posted:

Why would Louisville want to fire Petrino though? He's been a big success as far as I can tell.

He is also literally Bobby Petrino and if Louisville wants to clean house entirely, he's a good option to go

Then they can hire Jeff Brohm and not miss a beat

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

nate fisher posted:

I wonder if Tennessee would take a shot at Bobby Petrino?

The Fulmer Cup is now The Petrino Cup

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Which SEC coach gets fired first

Butch, Bert, Sumlin, Odom, Gus, or Orgeron

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

I still can't help but think there was more to his quick departure, but hey maybe he did just get tired of it all.

Bob Stoops watched his dad die while coaching at the ripe old age of 55

He's done

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

His career is super weird, he went from obscure I-AA assistant to the hottest coach in football in, like, two years

I know everyone says he hated coaching college but it's pretty hard to believe he's not gonna give it another shot given how successful he was at that level and how much money he can make doing it

I remember reading some piece where an unnamed source said Chip would only go back to College for a service academy gig. They kinda recruit themselves and don't have to deal with boosters and poo poo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

That sounds like bullshit

Probably

But I remember reading it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Gruden was notorious for an insanely complex playbook and hating playing young players

Guess where the college game is now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Phil Fulmer's revenge

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

Has anyone ever had three separate stints as head coach at the same school? I can think of a bunch with two, but not three, unless you count Alvarez's biannual bowl game coaching appearance. Becaue I think Mike Riley is gonna be available to make his uh, triumphant (?) return.

Chris Ault had three

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

OTOH you're out-scoring Ohio 1-0 in "state schools that both enabled and covered up decades of child rape" so....

Steubenville (?)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

MourningView posted:

Butch has the two best Tennessee seasons of the last decade.

Like most programs at that level they've probably just one really good coach away at any given time but they've been down relative to their fanbases expectation for a long time now

OTOH, Butch is 0-6 vs Will Muschamp

That's insanely bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Venables wants the KState job and would be the perfect compromise candidate for both Synder and KState

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

superbelch posted:

Any other Gators getting the feeling that we have been slipping down into Tennessee/Nebraska territory of former powerhouses that now have an 8-9 win ceiling? I am not excited about this coaching search.

What, no. Tennessee/Nebraska's problem is that their recruiting sucks. Florida still has a crap ton of talent. If they could coach up a QB, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

nate fisher posted:

I take it you haven't been following recruiting? Outside of Dooley Tennessee has never had a real issue with recruiting. Yes they have to steal players from states like Georgia, North/South Carolina, and etc. That said going by class rankings Jones should be coaching a top 10 team right now.

This is what I was implying. All the good Tenn players are on the other side of the state, which is closer to the SEC west schools than Knoxville. And then you got Georgia, Florida, etc poaching the eastern side of the state.

e: Tennessee hasn't won poo poo since the 60's outside of a few years when Fulmer was beating up on some down Bama and Georgia teams

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 30, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Chip Kelly despises recruiting fwiw

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

The frustration is understandable but where are they going to get the money? They need over $8mil to buy him out.

The Haslam's are keyed into Tennessee. Im sure they can spend some of their well hidden bribe money

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Charlie Strong also lost to Kansas

Thats really bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Brian Kelly to NFL, Butch to ND

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I know coaching is where the big bucks are, but I'm surprised the AD's subordinates make that much more money than they do

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cant wait for Gruden to go 6-6 every year because the backup Senior QB cant understand Spider 2 Y Banana

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I hope Kiffin goes back to Tenn, then bails for another job in like 2 years

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Goff with Fisher: extremely bad

Goff without Fisher: GSoT 2.0

Hmm, I know who I want to hire

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

nachos posted:

I had very high hopes for Weis. How could you not? He was a wildly successful NFL offensive coordinator.

OCs come and go, but Tom Brady remains the same

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

iospace posted:

Here's some fun facts for you:

2 out of the 3 post-Alvarez coaches are out of jobs :laffo:

Give it another year or two and Chryst will get sick of Alvarez's poo poo as well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Surprised Joe Moorhead's name hasnt come up by now. I'll keep him another year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm stunned by how much flak Schiano is getting. The Sandusky thing was real bad and all, but I thought it had disappeared from memory by now. No one was protesting PSU in the Rose Bowl or the NCAA walking back their punishments. poo poo, Briles Jr at FAU has been dead silent. Outside of this forum, Sandusky has vanished from the media, fans, etc. Greg Schiano, of all people, being the re-ignition point is strange.

And as a life long PSU, I had no idea Schiano was ever a coach here. Hah

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Since UT is a public school, don't they need to file the contract with some governmental agency? Which wouldn't be open cause of the holiday?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

David Baliff's seat is probably very warm right now, but he did do a lot of things good at Rice before the wheels fell off. Its up in the air

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

iospace posted:

Rutgers in the Big Ten exists for two purposes: give Ohio State and the rest of the Big Ten East a free win every year as the cupcake of the Big Ten and allow Big Ten Network the NYC market.

Vanderbilt is the Rutgers of the SEC, for what it's worth.

Vanderbilt exists so it can do the rest of the SEC's homework. Northwestern is the Vandy equivalent. Rutgers is just bad

Sumlin is not the coach to win a natty with. A&M's problem is that they think they should be a Top X program every year despite not winning poo poo ever. They're one of the most deluded fanbases in the country. And Johnny Football is not a generational talent c'mon. He was bailed out by Mike Evans every other pass attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Henchman of Santa posted:

Rice fired David Bailiff

:rip: I remember when they won CUSA

• Locked thread