Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Rhymenoserous posted:

NO GOONS. BAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hey look at these silly dorks analyzing video game boobs
*proceeds to analyze video game boobs*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

btw this is ancient history and all but hot drat both of the nael battle themes are so loving awesome

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Augus posted:

*proceeds to analyze video game boobs*

help me

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Just repeat these simple words: Merlwyb pads her chest.

Then you will be alright.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did they nerf the Density requirements on the Heavensward Relic? I'm about to start it up and it looks like the reddit live tracker was shut down like a week ago.

Just curious how painful it will be. I want my shiny Lux bow.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

m.hache posted:

Did they nerf the Density requirements on the Heavensward Relic? I'm about to start it up and it looks like the reddit live tracker was shut down like a week ago.

Just curious how painful it will be. I want my shiny Lux bow.

I just got to this spot, too. Curious if there's been any kind of nerf, or if it's just FYGM for anyone trying to relic from here on out.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

EponymousMrYar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44OXAQ9O9QY

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheRagamuffin posted:

I just got to this spot, too. Curious if there's been any kind of nerf, or if it's just FYGM for anyone trying to relic from here on out.

Well if it's still like it was a few months ago there's a good chance I won't be moving forward. 90 A1S runs do not seem appealing to me.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

m.hache posted:

Well if it's still like it was a few months ago there's a good chance I won't be moving forward. 90 A1S runs do not seem appealing to me.

Cause 3 minute or less runs, even easier now with the new level cap, are so bad. Suck it up, it's been nerfed by simple virtue of the new level cap.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Augus posted:

btw this is ancient history and all but hot drat both of the nael battle themes are so loving awesome

They are both great Final Fantasy End Boss themes (even though Nael sits in the middle of Coils).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

m.hache posted:

Form a PF group. You'll fill up with other relic runners. Run A1S for 2 hours. You'll be done.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The requirements are unchanged and also Stormblood content doesn't count for anything so you're never gonna get it 'organically' basically. Have fun with A1S.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

So like I'm just levelling up Arcanist currently at level 21 in-between finally finishing up the 2.0 story as Warrior, but looking at the abilities has me thinking -

Do people actually play Scholar just while doing regular levelling content outside of a party, or do you just switch to Summoner for that to speed things up?
It seems like even if you stayed as a Scholar you'd put away the fairy and summon the wind carbuncle or something.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

bewilderment posted:

So like I'm just levelling up Arcanist currently at level 21 in-between finally finishing up the 2.0 story as Warrior, but looking at the abilities has me thinking -

Do people actually play Scholar just while doing regular levelling content outside of a party, or do you just switch to Summoner for that to speed things up?
It seems like even if you stayed as a Scholar you'd put away the fairy and summon the wind carbuncle or something.

The fairies replace the carbuncle summons when you're a scholar, and if they can maintain equipment parity switching to summoner outside group content is a great idea for them.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

bewilderment posted:

I mostly stuck with Scholar since it was only slightly slower than Summoner as far as I could tell and I didn't feel like keeping up with two different types of weapons (and once you get to 50, it's 2 different sets of gear). When you're playing as a Scholar you can't summon the carbuncles, but the fairy follows you around and makes you invincible in pretty much all the single player gameplay

That said, I'm not sure if it's still as fast since they changed some things with healer damage in Stormblood.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bewilderment posted:

I'm tight on armory chest space, even after the expansion, so I did world stuff as a sch instead of smn.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheRagamuffin posted:

You can just unsync A1S. Would be reasonably easy.

Still a grind!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Captain Oblivious posted:

You can just unsync A1S. Would be reasonably easy.

Still a grind!

An efficient 1 tank/1 heal/6 DPS group could easily clear A1S in about 3-4 minutes at level 60. A level 70 unsync group should be able to do it in 2-3 at most.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
.....is there the possibility that you zero out 1.0's HP, so that when .5 spawns, it just instantly self-destructs and kills everyone? I would think that they'd learned their lesson about people going back and unsyncing old content, but you never know. (Ifrit, Pharos Sirius, Ramuh, etc.)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SwissArmyDruid posted:

.....is there the possibility that you zero out 1.0's HP, so that when .5 spawns, it just instantly self-destructs and kills everyone? I would think that they'd learned their lesson about people going back and unsyncing old content, but you never know. (Ifrit, Pharos Sirius, etc.)

Self-Destruct has a cast bar.

Also if you kill 1.0 fast enough .5 doesn't spawn at all. This was possible at level 60 in top of the line gear.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...I coulda used a couple of those groups for grinding my three Animas. Well, there you have it, Ragamuffin. Go forth and claim your shiny.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Self-Destruct has a cast bar.

Also if you kill 1.0 fast enough .5 doesn't spawn at all. This was possible at level 60 in top of the line gear.

Wait what? I've seen 1.0 reduced to 1% hp before .5 spawned at all and it doesn't die, it just sits theres at 1% hp and then 0.5 spawns and if you have to burst it down before the castbar finishes.

Also depending on how much damage Self Destruct does, a Warrior in tank stance nowadays might just be able to take it to the face and survive.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Haven't tested myself, but if you're going unsync, I'd bet a9s would be better by now? Surely you can ignore all mechanics by 70? Maybe a10s? That tier gave more light.

edit: a10s has no Faust too. I bet this would be fastest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Incredibly incorrect.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
A screenshot I am relatively pleased with. Why the heck isn't this gear level 1?

Because somewhere, out there, is a situation that is going to need you to dig this out of your reaction images folder.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 17, 2017

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

A screenshot I am relatively pleased with. Why the heck isn't this gear level 1?

Because somewhere, out there, is a situation that is going to need you to dig this out of your reaction images folder.

Lalafell?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The imperial guard from Othard gear? It's good yeah

Femroe best fem

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Emalde posted:

Lalafell?!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You've got those the wrong way around friendo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

is the right order

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Let me explain my experience with FFXIV
I PLAYED FFXI back in 2003-2005 and i loved the game
Real life got in middle of my gamer life. Finish college move to Europe for work, (lot of work), got married, become father. So for like 11 years i did Not play any video game AT ALL.
Last December i saw my kids are more big and independent, i have very good economy result as hard work, i saw my self working at home, i decided to play video games again.
So i bought a ps4 and googled Final fantasy online So i knew there was FFXIV.
I got very very excited.
For don't make it long. Now after 7 months
I have 2 jobs at level 70
One 317 ilvl The other 314 ilvl
All crafts at 70
Over 300 millions of gils (that i earn crafting like crazy)
I cleared all alex savage before SB, now i finished SB MSQ IN one shot, got my susano weapons, lakshmi accessories, my crafts with gear 290 super melded
Now im waiting for savage Real Bad because beside that i don't feel like getting online every day.
FFXIV IS BECOMMING very boring and slow for me
Level alts no thanks level job till 70 is super tedious and boring, no way Im doing that grins one more time
I don't give a poo poo for glamour or mounts or minions.
And for anyone who answer with the Dear Dairy Go and gently caress your self :)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gonna need to see the thread on that one

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't get it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

is the right order

Yes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

gonna need to see the thread on that one

Just reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6nrcdv/saddly_is_getting_bored/

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If they ever add the Admiral in as a boss fight a la Hullbreaker Hard I hope her AoEs also require knowledge of nautical terminology to evade.

Harden the sheets and tack to larboard!

Boom swing is a cone aoe

Everyone dies because nobody knows you need to push a rudder handle away from the direction of turn

Cythereal posted:

Senna Extreme is just her spamming Holy nonstop.

She'd summon Cthulu-tree

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Harden the sheets and tack to larboard!

Boom swing is a cone aoe

Everyone dies because nobody knows you need to push a rudder handle away from the direction of turn

only playing sea of thieves can prepare us

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm finally sitting in the right chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

As i can see you like to gently caress your self.
Previous warnings are meant for that.
You such Gay