Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FisheyStix posted:

There is no way that's a real smiley

It is. So is :sloppy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Goons: How come I never get compliments in Temple of the Fist?
Also Goons: LOL no I don't do the mechanics what a waste of time.

I mean I've done BLM runs where I got hit a grand total of once but I still got 'average'. Pubs are bad and the check is 'tuned' kinda high, it'll be easier when people start getting creation gear.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

pro tip the boss stops spinning when it casts that move, just look at it and get out of the way

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't see Veteran or Smith rewards on the Calamity Salvager. Can you rebuy those somewhere?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Toshimo posted:

I don't see Veteran or Smith rewards on the Calamity Salvager. Can you rebuy those somewhere?

Smith rewards as in the things from the Hall of the Novice? You'll have to re-run the Hall of the Novice.

Check the armoire for the vet reward stuff? They actually can be stored in there.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If we weren't as anti-social in game as we are in real life, we'd be able to stand close enough to the boss and group that it only takes like 2 steps to dodge anything.

but they might have cooties

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SettingSun posted:

I don't get how people gently caress up the Port and Star / Fore and Aft attack. They could be called Fizzlebz and Gragdar and all it takes is that you see them once and notice where each hits.

I forgot what port and star/fore and aft meant the first time he used it in the couple runs I did

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Augus posted:

I forgot what port and star/fore and aft meant the first time he used it in the couple runs I did

Landlubber....

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

FisheyStix posted:

There is no way that's a real smiley

You need to :gitgud: on your smiley game son

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Philonius posted:

Landlubber....

If they ever add the Admiral in as a boss fight a la Hullbreaker Hard I hope her AoEs also require knowledge of nautical terminology to evade.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It would sort of own to have a legitimate trial fight against each of the three leaders. Give us a real Raubahn Extreme.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

It would sort of own to have a legitimate trial fight against each of the three leaders. Give us a real Raubahn Extreme.

Senna Extreme is just her spamming Holy nonstop.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ImpAtom posted:

Taubahn is not my leader. :colbert:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Kan-Extreme-Senna

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Cythereal posted:

Based on the Lorebook, the real Kan-E-Senna fight is a drinking game.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cythereal posted:

Bottomless Mun-Tuy Brew. Who will pass out first?

unseenlibrarian posted:

e;fb.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Does Kan-E-Senna's VA ever actually put any effort in in future expansions? I remember early in the MSQ when you go listen to the three speeches Merlwyb and Raubahn sound like they're putting some effort in and rousing people. I know Kan-E-Senna is meant to be all peaceful and serene but it was all just "Yes. We do not like fighting. But the Garleans are coming. So we must fight. :geno:"

Yuna's VA from FFX did better and she had to try to match lip flaps.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

unseenlibrarian posted:

Alternatively instead of being a Drunken Boxing Master she is the Drunken Casting Master.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

bewilderment posted:

Does Kan-E-Senna's VA ever actually put any effort in in future expansions? I remember early in the MSQ when you go listen to the three speeches Merlwyb and Raubahn sound like they're putting some effort in and rousing people. I know Kan-E-Senna is meant to be all peaceful and serene but it was all just "Yes. We do not like fighting. But the Garleans are coming. So we must fight. :geno:"

Yuna's VA from FFX did better and she had to try to match lip flaps.

They switched to a different VA studio in Heavensward so by definition, no.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Hell with Raubahn, I wanna fight Nanamo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If they ever add the Admiral in as a boss fight a la Hullbreaker Hard I hope her AoEs also require knowledge of nautical terminology to evade.

"R'Ashaht! Fire a broadside to leeward!" :allears:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SonicRulez posted:

Hell with Raubahn, I wanna fight Nanamo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
been unsuccessfully trying to do royal menagerie all day :allears:/:suicide:

8th time's a charm! :haw:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 17, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't beat up my drunk wife

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Never changed Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6njfba/stormbloods_biggest_lie/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

They're right.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

They're right.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

They're right.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

more like stormblood's smallest lie right guys :suicide:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

there's a difference? :thunk:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"Come to Camp Bronze Lake if you want to know the truth." - Gong Way, alluding to Lyse's small boobs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
nothing weird here, just a bunch of normal folks staring at video game boobs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

nothing weird here, just a bunch of normal folks staring at video game boobs

To be perfectly honest, that's one of the best pair of CG boobs that exists. It's going to be hard to replicate those in the game engine or anywhere imo. I like nice boobs. Not going to lie. :)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Come to the Gold Saucer in the next 13 minutes if u want an rear end kicking

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fun fact: Garland Data has all the values for NPC appearance sliders, and this particular one is set to zero.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

In non-boob related topics, materia for black mage - what do? I have no idea. Spell speed again seems obvious but maybe I want more big foul crits. I dunno.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

UHD posted:

In non-boob related topics, materia for black mage - what do? I have no idea. Spell speed again seems obvious but maybe I want more big foul crits. I dunno.

I think it's SS > DH.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact: Garland Data has all the values for NPC appearance sliders, and this particular one is set to zero.

So what you're saying is that CGI adds ten pounds to you?

:suicide:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
NO GOONS. BAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Phone posted:

I can't find you/tell you in game. D:

Yeah. I was out shopping and running errands today. But I'll be online for the rest of the night now so if anyone is on and wants an invite to the Aquapolis/Lost Canals Linkshell, just send a message/mail/poke to Mordiceius Ketsumei